*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,174 Views | 12531 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by shack009
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The inadequacies of the umpiring has gotten to the point I just can't enjoy games the way I used to. Yes, they generally make as many mistakes FOR us as AGAINST us. But watching Langford strike out in the 8th with two pitches well out of the strike zone is just brutal

To those who say the "human" factor isn't a bug, it's a feature - go get your stats from the back of the sports page and drive your Ford Torino out to Arlington Stadium to watch Gaylord Perry pitch.

The rest of us living in the 21st century dearly want an ABS system that will reward good pitching and a good eye at the plate.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jung walks it off. Creeping toward .500
Super Aggie 64
AG
Ballgame! Josh Jung walks it off!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

I thought it was going to hit off the wall but it just kept going!
thegoodolag15
AG
Nothing like a walk off 3 run homer on a 101mph pitch!!!
DannyDuberstein
AG
thegoodolag15 said:

Nothing like a walk off 3 run homer on a 101mph pitch!!!

It was like I used to coach my fastpitch softball girls. The harder they throw it, the further it goes when you hit it lol
94chem
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Would have been a win either way.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
94chem said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Would have been a win either way.
Agreed. I didn't think it was going out, though.
KT 90
AG
Solid outing again today for DeGrom. Supposedly one more rehab start and then he is returning to the Rangers.

KT 90
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

Can't say that I "called it", but you could feel it coming. They probably left the stud closer in for too long, seemed to get more hittable as the pitches added up in his second inning.

He still throws pretty hard though, even if he was getting a little gassed.
94chem
KT 90 said:

Super Aggie 64 said:

Can't say that I "called it", but you could feel it coming. They probably left the stud closer in for too long, seemed to get more hittable as the pitches added up in his second inning.

He still throws pretty hard though, even if he was getting a little gassed.

Right before the pitch, I said to my son, "better throw him a slider." Glad he didn't listen.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Super Aggie 64
AG
Anyone going to the Rangers game on 9/21 vs the Mariners? If you get an extra Adolis Garcia Cartwheel bobblehead and want to sell it or trade it for a Corey Seager Silver Slugger bobblehead, let me know.
KT 90
AG
So how do we think Leiter does tonight agai st the Bronx Bombers?
Mr Gigem
AG
8 innings of shut out ball
rbtexan
S
I really think Leiter is figuring it out. Looks more promising than I've ever seen him.
Jimbo Franchione
gigem1223
You can see Leiter gaining confidence every inning pitched. Trusting his stuff and filling the zone.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Completely agree. Two years of college ball, an overbearing former MLB pitcher dad and all the pressure in the world as the #2 pick. Let the dude figure this out. He has the talent.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I might be the only one, but I don't care what the hitters do here. Just want to see Leiter back on the mound.
sburg2007
A great start by Leiter will have a crummy final line. Steps were made
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Yes it was a very good start. He's a rookie with a lot of talent. Hope he can get another 3-4 starts in before this season is done.
alvtimes
Glad to see positive posts about Leiter….. only able to tune in for 3rd out in 9th…..saw highlight/lowlight where a bloop down LF line bounced into stands. Tough team to start against…. but I'll take it.

Anyone think Rocker gets a couple of games this yr?
rbtexan
S
No. Rocker isn't on the 40, no reason to put him on it until necessary. He needs to finish the season in the minors, and if he wins a spot in spring training he can be added then.
Jimbo Franchione
Super Aggie 64
AG
SOLD
toucan82
hey, a run
AggieEP
fc2112 said:

The inadequacies of the umpiring has gotten to the point I just can't enjoy games the way I used to. Yes, they generally make as many mistakes FOR us as AGAINST us. But watching Langford strike out in the 8th with two pitches well out of the strike zone is just brutal

To those who say the "human" factor isn't a bug, it's a feature - go get your stats from the back of the sports page and drive your Ford Torino out to Arlington Stadium to watch Gaylord Perry pitch.

The rest of us living in the 21st century dearly want an ABS system that will reward good pitching and a good eye at the plate.

I think what you are referencing has more to do with the fact that every broadcast has the K Zone graphic up for every pitch than with any change in the skill or accuracy of the umpires.

For fans in the stands and on TV it used to be hard to tell if pitches were on the corner or not, but with this technology you get a clear idea every pitch.

I know when the Ags were in the CWS it was almost jarring to me how hard it was to watch the game not knowing how close pitches were.

I'm not sure if I'm pro ABS, but the ball strike challenge system does seem to be a logical happy medium. If you save them for high leverage situations they could really be a cool new strategy aspect.
dave94
AG
Some of the calls in the bottom half of the 8th…effing terrible
DallasAg 94
HELLO WIN COLUMN!!!
Super Aggie 64
AG
Ballgame! Walkoff grand slam for Wyatt!
AgEng06
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
Atta kid
Flounder Dorfman
AG
So much fun.
gtaggie_08
AG
Threw 4 balls against Wyatt but the count was 2-2. Maybe those bad calls did the Rangers a favor to get a grand slam instead of a tying walk?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Absolutely awful calls. We've beaten that dead horse enough though.

No we haven't. MLB needs to fix that. No excuse for it anymore.

With that said, he freaking destroyed that ball.
94chem
Wyatt Trout for the win!
94chem,
DallasAg 94
Eovaldi vs Stroman tomorrow.
First Page Last Page
Page 349 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.