*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

693,324 Views | 12347 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Super Aggie 64
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sigh...3-0 already
sburg2007
Could've and should've gotten out of it down 1-0. I'm gonna cry now. Or just take my kids to a movie.
Proposition Joe
The way Hernandez is pitching, Toronto will have an 8-spot before the end of the 5th.
PatriotAg02
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Rangers not making hay against a team they should beat. Know there are players coming back, but may well be too late, too little.

Yeah at this point I think we build for next year.
AggieRob93
AG
Going to be swept in Toronto. This team is what it is, and is not what we wanted it to be this year. Must win the division if going to make the playoffs, and these bats just can't and won't get it done.
sincereag
We got our hopes up after a 4 game sweep of the Sox, but three of the wins were by1 run against the worst team in MLB. Not good and this current series just exposes their weaknesses again.
GreasenUSA
AG
"Right groin discomfort" official reason for Jon Gray.
Water Boy
AG
I bet we could get something good for Eovaldi.
JW
AG
Time to sell
Grapesoda2525
Meanwhile…… the rays have been selling like crazy. Hopefully there are still some good prospects to acquire on the last few days.
CampingAg
AG
What if yesterday when there was too outs in the bottom of the first someone had told you lorenzen you'd be pitching in the bottom of the fourth today.
Grapesoda2525
White Sox and dodgers didn't show up at all this weekend. Both teams might get swept.

This weekend couldn't have gone any worse really.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Lorenzen sucking and Gray getting injured severely affects this team's ability to trade expiring contracts in starting pitching for an MLB.
WestTexasAg
AG
What a depressing weekend after getting ourselves right back in the thick of the race. Damn.
sburg2007
Heim gets a hit there and you have a fighting chance
KT 90
AG
Lorenzen stepping up and being a team player today saved the bullpen for the St. Louis series at least.

WestTexasAg
AG
Well the Dodgers finally beat the Astros. So we got that going for us.......which is nice.
Coppell97
AG
It's not pretty but still only 4.5 back. Just need to go out and win games.
TefIon Don
AG
Josh Jung feeling good after playing Fri/Sat games with Frisco. Hoping we see him back soon.
gigem1223
Looks like ole Kizzy is done for. We just acquired Carson Kelly from the Tigers. He's having a solid season. Batting .242 with an OPS+ of 101
WestTexasAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Looks like ole Kizzy is done for. We just acquired Carson Kelly from the Tigers. He's having a solid season. Batting .242 with an OPS+ of 101
What is OPS+? Seems like they add a new metric every year. On base plus slugging_______
gigem1223
Normalized OPS across the league. A league average player will have 100 OPS +

Carson Kelly wRC - 106 with a 1.7 war

Jonah Heim wRC - 75 with a .2 war

Puts into perspective how poor of a season Heim is having.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
WestTexasAg said:

gigem1223 said:

What is OPS+? Seems like they add a new metric every year. On base plus slugging_______

OPS+ is a metric to show where a player ranks among other players. 100 is average for major league players. So, if a player has 101 OPS+, they are just above an average positon player. They use ERA+ for pitchers, if I am remembering correctly.
WestTexasAg
AG
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/news/rangers-strategy-for-2024-trade-deadline

Interesting article on Carter and how it affects us at the trade deadline. Also, this nugget on Jung. Damn it - getting hit by pitches in a rehab assignment!

Quote:

On the positive side, Jung began a rehab assignment with Double-A Frisco on Friday night. He went 1-for-3 on Friday and 1-for-4 with a hit-by-pitch on Saturday.
KT 90
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Interesting article on Carter and how it affects us at the trade deadline. Also, this nugget on Jung. Damn it - getting hit by pitches in a rehab assignment!

Quote:

On the positive side, Jung began a rehab assignment with Double-A Frisco on Friday night. He went 1-for-3 on Friday and 1-for-4 with a hit-by-pitch on Saturday.

Pretty sure I saw on twitter he got hit again today as well.
rbtexan
S
Carson Kelly has about 1500 mlb ABs over 9 seasons with a 229 career BA. Hope his defense is good at least.
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
Trade details out now:

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Quote:

Pretty sure I saw on twitter he got hit again today as well.

Found it:

DallasAg 94
The improved on what they had with Kiz, giving them a step up at backup C so that we can give Heim more rest, which should improve his performance.

It cost us two guys not on the 40 who are not Top30 and are aging out of prospect status.

I think that is how you do it.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
So what happens with Knizner?

Signed through 2025, right?
WestTexasAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Normalized OPS across the league. A league average player will have 100 OPS +

Carson Kelly wRC - 106 with a 1.7 war

Jonah Heim wRC - 75 with a .2 war

Puts into perspective how poor of a season Heim is having.
Thanks for clarifying. Damn, Heim is definitely down this season. In fact, pretty much every one of our hitters seems to be down from last year with the exception of Josh Smith.
gigem1223
Cut bait or send him to Round Rock. He has no value.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Well I agree. But I don't think they can just send him to RR.

It's either a DFA or trade for a bag of baseballs?

And man, I didn't like that signing in the offseason and I really hate it now. What a waste of money and roster spot.
Jimtim1216
S
Jung is 2 of 3 tonight with a double and 2 RBI's.
WestTexasAg
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Jung is 2 of 3 tonight with a double and 2 RBI's.
Needs to be on a plane to St. Louis in the morning before he gets hit by more pitches in AA.
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 353

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.