*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

726,439 Views | 12539 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe exposed because his control at Vandy was not good. But what I can definitively say is that it didn't help him. Working on it at A instead of getting rocked in AA should have been the move. Now maybe it never changes the end result, but it couldn't have been worse than the path he ended up on
DallasAg 94
We've got one day left until the season resumes.

Just a couple weeks to the deadline... if we are buyers, what guys do you see getting traded and which guys concern you that we would regret trading?!

We have 47 guys on the 40. The 7 guys on the 60IL are:
Winn, Mahle, deGrom, Bradford, Coleman, Pruitt, and Jung

I think at least 4 will be Active before the season ends. Coleman is a RuleV guy that had TJ. Once he gets moved off the 60, we'll have to keep him on the Active for a set number of days rolling into 2025.

Guys we could drop from the 40... like Garabito, et al... no shortage, for sure.
Foscue is hitting .316 with 2HRs in the month of July @AAA
Duran is still struggling at AAA.
Seen enough of Wendzel?
White? Leiter?

Are those guys "sweeten the pot" guys or sell low guys?
DallasAg 94
I agree.

Hitters are more disciplined as you go up the ladder and starting at A ball may have allowed him to improve his control.

The other side of that is, maybe getting tossed got his attention better. Like, "Oh ****, you're right."

Seems like a good kid. I think he wants to do well and doing everything "right."

I think I'd like to see them move him to the bullpen and focus on 2 pitches to get batters out. Then, build on that in moving him back to the rotation.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MLB released the schedule for the 2025 season.

Rangers doing a Oakland (Sacramento) and San Fran trip in April and I'll be going to both stadiums.

Will be cool to see the Rangers play in a minor league stadium in Sac and then I've always wanted to make it to Oracle Park/AT&T Park/PacBell Park.

MattAg06
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Rangers doing a Oakland (Sacramento) and San Fran trip in April and I'll be going to both stadiums.

Will be cool to see the Rangers play in a minor league stadium in Sac and then I've always wanted to make it to Oracle Park/AT&T Park/PacBell Park.

Weird to be ending the season with Miami, Minnesota and then at Cleveland. No AL West teams in the final three series is odd.
Legal Custodian
AG
MattAg06 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Weird to be ending the season with Miami, Minnesota and then at Cleveland. No AL West teams in the final three series is odd.
In fact the final 50 games of the season we only play the AL West 12 times (3vs LAA, 3vs ATH, & 6vs HOU)

In 2023, we played 22 of the last 50 games against AL West opponents. And this year we'll play 23 of the final 50 against the AL West.

That is a very stark difference.
DallasAg 94
Where's Mr. Gigem with his hand out?!

How did you beat him posting that.

He must still be recovering from the ASG Hangover.
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

FWIW, CBSSports app is showing Gray, Eovaldi, and Scherzer as the three SPs to face the Orioles.

Looks like Houston is going:
Brown
Valdez
Blanco

which sets up:

G1 Valdez v Eovaldi
G2 Blanco v Scherzer
Mozart Paintings
AG
Dammit - just like 2023 playing at Wrigley so early in the year. Too cold!

But, just like in 2023, I'm sure I'll still go to at least one of them.
Super Aggie 64
AG
MLB 2025 Schedule

Some notes on the 2025 Schedule.

The Dodgers and Cubs start the season in Tokyo on March 18/19.

Every team now plays six games against their Interleague Natural Rival instead of four games. The Rangers get six games versus our "rival" the Diamondbacks.

May 16-18 is a "Rivalry Weekend" where 11 matchups are Interleague Natural Rivals (Yankees vs Mets, Dodgers vs Angels, Cubs vs White Sox, etc.) and 4 matchups are Intraleague Rivals (Pirates vs Phillies, Rockies vs Diamondbacks, Tigers vs Blue Jays, Astros vs Rangers).

DallasAg 94
We open against Boston?!

What is the resell on those going to look like?!
Mr Gigem
AG
I'll tell you once you renew
Super Aggie 64
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

We open against Boston?!

Scalpers are loving the 2025 schedule! 14 weekend series and most of the marquee matchups except NYY are on weekends (BOS, LAD, HOU x2, STL, ATL, PHI)!
Proposition Joe
I feel like we do the "scalpers are going to make bank!" talk every year.

Rangers dynamic price everything to market value. All-Star tickets were well below "face value" the weeks leading up to the game.

Teams don't leave money on the table anymore.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

We open against Boston?!

Last time we opened against the Red Sox it was 2011. Our 2nd best season ever.
DallasAg 94
Been having that conversation with the wife this past weekend.

Trying to decide between staying with 4 lower-priced, 2 higher-priced, or just picking up seats along the way.
Mr Gigem
AG
Secondary market data would suggest getting a ticket plan. Either way I'm happy to be a resource for you.
Proposition Joe
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

We open against Boston?!

Last time we opened against the Red Sox it was 2011. Our 2nd best season ever.

Salta-LAMACHIA
DallasAg 94
The resell market for me has been a mixed bag. I'm going go back and look at it.

What I'm expecting to find is:
- There are a few games that I ate because I just didn't drop the price enough
- Most games sold at or above list.
- Some games just never had any value. Blocks/Rows of tickets at $5 that are better than your seats

Scalping is probably a profitable gig these days, but there is risk built in, and as Prop Joe mentioned, the dynamic pricing and willingness for teams to use resell platforms to move tickets makes it difficult.

This year is an unusual year because the team is coming off the World Series and you are seeing 20-25K people at GLF at 5pm for a 7pm game to get a giveaway on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

All-in, I think having the Half-Season tickets are going to have been worth it. If for nothing else, coming out of Covid (or maybe just getting old, or having had kids), there is still a mentality to stay home that we (and others) have to fight through.

I used to average over 1 major sporting event per week. I think we went to 7 of the MLB Playoff games in 2020. Last year was like, "Meh... let's just stay home." This year has been, "Well, we have tickets, let's go."

It's been fun.
DallasAg 94
Remember I'm the one promoting the idea we'll be buyers at the deadline and win back-to-back World Series Championships.

Having said that, this year's data may be a bit distorted... at least influenced by how 2023 finished. When we start our run this week, I think the data will be even more overwhelmingly supportive of getting season tickets.

I'm likely 90% that we'll renew and at a better spot. We were in 126 I believe on the 4th of July... I think Row 19 had 4 seats. The wife kinda liked that... the idea of not having to get up repeatedly to let people out.
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

What's your rotation coming out of the break:

Eovaldi
Scherzer <- This spot (of 5) matches G1 v Hou
Lorenzen
Heaney
Gray / Urena

Or, do you go with Lorenzen in G1 knowing that puts Eovaldi and Scherzer for G1 & G2 against Houston?

You'd like to think maybe Mahle might be back in time for the second time through and gets the Gray/Urena spot.

If Gray is close to getting moved... he gets CWS and Tor.

FWIW, CBSSports app is showing Gray, Eovaldi, and Scherzer as the three SPs to face the Orioles.

Looks like things have changed:

Grapesoda2525
From Jeff Wilson:

Quote:

Josh Jung said he took front flips today in the cage pain-free. He also ran, took grounders and threw. He said he isn't putting a target date on his return.
DallasAg 94
Was he bubble wrapped?
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Was he bubble wrapped?

until Jung can take live bp multiple days in a row without soreness in the hand, I consider him still several weeks away. They have been pretty tight lipped on status updates on Jung that past few weeks, so maybe this update is a good sign. But he still has to progress to live BP, then a rehab stint, so it may be several weeks minimum.
shack009
AG
Remember when it was just 6-8 weeks?
Tksymm7
AG
I'm beginning to have major, major questions about the Rangers medical staff/training/rehab etc.
Water Boy
AG
And 8-12 weeks was supposed to be worse case?
Tksymm7
AG
I'll add this as well; I know this wrist injury and the finger/hand from last year are more just freak injuries, but I get more and more worried about Jung's long-term ability to stay on the field every passing week.
rbtexan
S
Tksymm7 said:

I'm beginning to have major, major questions about the Rangers medical staff/training/rehab etc.
I've had those questions for quite some time. We seem to have an unusually high number of injuries throughout our system (majors & minors). I haven't done a bit of research to see if the problem is specific to the Rangers - I do know TJs are up throughout MLB, but we sure seem to have a lot of other weird stuff happen to players.

Regarding Jung, I personally think he's just injury prone. And before somebody points out that these were freak injuries, yes they were...but in my opinion, bad luck is a component of being injury prone. He just strikes me as being one of those guys who seems to have bad things happen to him all the time injury-wise.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
I looked this morning, but I believe Jung has played 152 of a possible 284 games since he was called up in 2022. That's 132 games he's missed in just about two years of service.
AggieRob93
AG
So, close to missing 50% of the games during his time up. Ooof, not good.
Water Boy
AG
Big game Nate out to start the second half. Season on the line the next two weeks. Need to win with our ace on the mound.
shack009
AG
Water Boy said:

Big game Nate out

Made my heart skip a beat
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

I remember one year they seemed to mismanage a groin or hamstring injury that shin soo choo had. They brought him back 2 or 3 different times and he kept re-aggravating it.
Water Boy
AG
Didn't realize that till now.
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.