*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

725,690 Views | 12534 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After review, the call is overturned and 4 optometry appointments are booked for tomorrow
gigem1223
Swing the fkn bat
Ag Since 83
AG
Jankowski before Carter because it was the DH spot and we are going to pinch hit Carter for Duran?
gigem1223
Can we finally get a big hit?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
If we get a base hit but don't score from 2nd I am turning this game off.
gigem1223
And a ball smoked right to the left fielder. This run we're on is getting ridiculous
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

And a ball smoked right to the left fielder. This run we're on is getting ridiculous
Offense has showed more signs of life than it has all homestand. Even if we lose today, I like the effort.
Ag Since 83
AG
Flipped the order of the singles and home run unfortunately.
gigem1223
I'm officially tired of Leody. His bat is a wet noodle and his defense is mediocre. His range has been terrible this year.
gigem1223
And like clockwork, we give the run back.
toucan82
Duran is an adventure out there
AggieRob93
AG
Did I hear that right on the game broadcast? Rangers relief is 30th in MLB with an era over 5? This team will be going nowhere fast unless the offense wakes up, won't matter who the starting pitchers are. Horrible.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Phillies haven't played a team with a winning record? How is that possible?
toucan82
sadly yes
gigem1223
I saw a stat earlier today that they were 1-2 against teams with a record above .500
gigem1223
This team goes as Seager and Semien goes. They've got to be better in big spots.
sburg2007
And for the first time since September of 2022, your Texas rangers have a losing record.
Tksymm7
AG
I would add Adolis there as well. They absolutely rely on his power.
beagle2009
AG
So many soft hits tonight from PHI… This has been a pretty rough stretch. I know it's been discussed ad nauseam but they just have to find a way to hang on until we start getting some guys back.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

I would add Adolis there as well. They absolutely rely on his power.

Garcia is one of the biggest reasons this team isn't in the cellar in the west. He's been slumping of late but he was nails with RISP for most of this season.
Water Boy
AG
We have decent relief pitching. It just seems bad because the B side has pitched more.
DallasAg 94
Rangers RP is last in MLB in terms of ERA.

However, that can mean a number of things.

First, they are 17th in terms of IP.
Cleveland is 8th in IP and #1 in ERA.

Cleveland: 49G, 2.58, 185.0 IP
Texas: 49G, 5.15, 167.2 IP

Now, let's look at RPs.

Games:
Cleveland
1. Clase: 25G, 0.37 ERA -> Pace 83G
1. Sandlin: 25 G, 2.42
4. Barlow: 24 G, 3.27
8. Gaddis: 23, 2.05
. Herrin: 21, 0.92
. Smith: 21, 2.11 -> Pace 69G

Rangers:
Latz: 21G, 3.54
Robertson: 20G, 2.28
Leclerc: 18G, 6.75
Yates: 17G, 0.98

Cleveland is going to burn out their RP. 70-75G is usually the high-end of Appearances for RP.

Our RP is doing a better job than last year, but that is not a very high bar.
South Platte
More deep statistical analysis on the Indians from DA. Might as well since watching our own team is depressing.

Bad baseball is so hard to watch, and outside of April-May and October of last season, these guys make it really tough. I follow the box score but Stars/Mavs deserve top billing.
KT 90
AG
KT 90
AG
South Platte said:

More deep statistical analysis on the Indians from DA. Might as well since watching our own team is depressing.

Bad baseball is so hard to watch, and outside of April-May and October of last season, these guys make it really tough. I follow the box score but Stars/Mavs deserve top billing.

Did you not grow up a Ranger fan? This is nothing compared to some of years I was watching games on HSE sports (and other years when we didn't even know what HSE sports was yet....). We are still within a few games of 1st place and the WC as well.

Give them some time to get healthy. If that doesn't fully happen, we should still be in a good spot for 2025.
KT 90
AG
Another Ag to the MLB:

DallasAg 94
Sports draws different personas.

My persona is that I love all sports... some more than others but I love and enjoy the sports.

Some enjoy "their team." They are Cowboys fans and know and learn all about the Cowboys, but may know very little about any other NFL team. They may not even know how many teams there. But, they know and love their Cowboys (as an example).

Some enjoy "Winners." They follow the winners and change allegiance based on the winners. We call them t-shirt fans.

My comments about Cleveland isn't about liking and following them because they are winning. My comments were to send the warning that if they are your standard, they are likely to stumble.

I liked and watched the Rangers for over 40 years. I've followed baseball for almost my entire life. I used to read the boxscores for all teams. Baseball, IMO, is about comparisons... how is our P compared to their P?!

I was a STH for the Stars for 10 years... so, I get that. Stars for me are an "and" not an "or."

Perot did everything he could to ensure I get little enjoyment out of the Mavs... and what little I found was taken by the Refs in the Miami Championship series. Mark Cuban ensures I never return.

I'll watch/listen/follow over 120-130 Rangers games regardless of their record. I've done that for decades and expect to continue... win or lose... I love baseball. It is a sport based on failure, so it has never been about winning, for me.
Water Boy
AG
Tonight we score more than 3 runs. I believe!
gigem1223
10 spot is happening tonight
DallasAg 94

KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Garcia is back tonight
DallasAg 94
Does a player like Derek Hill lead you to value guys like Taveras more? or less?
DallasAg 94
With Carter-Taveras-Hill we have tremendous OF coverage.

O/U of 3 SBs, tonight?
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

Does a player like Derek Hill lead you to value guys like Taveras more? or less?

Derek Hill or not I see little value in Leody anymore. He's usually a good player for about a month of the season then below average the rest.
First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 359

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.