*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

721,651 Views | 12502 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by hawk1689
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
12th overall for Braden.

#branding
gigem1223
Braden is such a good kid. Hope he tears it up for Boston.
Tksymm7
AG
As long as Monty can cleanup his chase rate and figure out or even drop the right-handed hitting, he'll be just fine. He's the best 5-tool player in this draft.
gigem1223
Wonder how Smitty feels seeing Semien and now Seager go to the ASG while he goes to the beach?
sburg2007
Here to eat my words. After Friday's s-show I was really bummed and concerned. Kinda hate that the break is right now. Yall can pile on me!
South Platte
66 games left. We might need to go 46-20. Maybe a couple less. That probably requires a 15+ game win streak.
shack009
AG
Dang, I like the Janek pick for the Astros. He's a good player.
Proposition Joe
South Platte said:

66 games left. We might need to go 46-20. Maybe a couple less. That probably requires a 15+ game win streak.

No.
gigem1223
shack009 said:

Dang, I like the Janek pick for the Astros. He's a good player.

Was wanting him or Waldschmidt
gigem1223
South Platte said:

Wut? We're 5 games back, not 10
DallasAg 94
To make the playoffs or win the Division?!

Here is the Astros SP:
Top 3 SPs - Playoff Rotation
Blanco: 17 GS, 2.53 ERA, 103.0 IP, 95 SO, 0.990 WHIP <- #5 Qualified
Framber: 16 GS, 3.66 ERA, 98.1 IP 82 SO, 1.281 WHIP <- #21 Qualifed
Brown : 18 GS, 4.39 ERA, 98.1 IP, 105 SO, 1.373 WHIP <- #29 Qualified

depth: Arrighetti (80.0, 5.63), Dubin (30.0, 5.40), Bloss (7.2, 4.70)

Possibly coming: Verlander

Arrighetti is their #4 and chose between Dubin and Bloss as their #5. Verlander could return... but who knows.

Blanco and Josh Smith were both snubbed for the ASG. Smith hit 2 HRs today. Blanco held his own, but both had the chance to be difference makers. Smith was.

They just don't have the prospects to really add... and they are tight on the CBT. They are not a playoff team in 2024.

We'll see if Seattle can piece together enough hitting. J-Rod was hurt quad/hammy... we'll see if that is nagging or not.
gigem1223
On the clock. Come on Waldschmidt
gigem1223
Malcolm Moore - C

Position of need
shack009
AG
Moore killed the Ags last year. Hes good.
shack009
AG
They said he mashes fastballs.
DallasAg 94

"I can't believe he dropped to us at #30."

"I can't wait to see him playing in Arlington."

"Brilliant selection. Holy crap."

"I'm going to need another margarita."
DeangeloVickers
AG
From MLB.com
Moore was one of the best high school hitters in the 2022 Draft class, a left-handed-hitting catcher who drew some comparisons to 2020 first-round pick Tyler Soderstrom. He became the highest-ranked hitter on MLB Pipeline's Draft Top 250 not to sign, instead heading to Stanford. He had a tremendous first half of his freshman year before fading a bit in conference play and a solid fall had scouts excited to see what he can do in his Draft-eligible sophomore season. He got off to a slow start production-wise, but the underlying metrics were still good enough to keep him from sliding too much.
There is still confidence that Moore will hit at the next level. He makes a lot of hard contact to all fields and has easily plus raw power he showed he can tap into with 15 home runs as a freshman. He's shown he can have an advanced approach at the plate, including doing damage with two strikes, though he wore out catching every day in his first year of college. While his surface numbers were down for much of his sophomore season, he still had elite chase rates and swing-and-miss rates in the zone.
If teams think he can be an average catcher, he could easily be considered a top 10 pick, but scouts aren't quite as convinced on his glove as they are on his bat. He's not a bad receiver and moves decently enough, with some scouts seeing improvement behind the dish this spring. He'll flash an average arm, but it's often more fringy, though some of that can be cleaned up with improved footwork. Even if a team thinks he'll need to move to first base, his offensive potential could make him a first-rounder.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
South Platte said:

Huh? Probably a couple of 5 game win streaks mixed with some .600 ball. I don't think we need a 15+game one.
gigem1223
shack009 said:

Moore killed the Ags last year. Hes good.

Good hitter, not so good fielder. Hopefully he can develop his glove behind the plate. Otherwise we might have another Huff/ Foscue/ Calhoun on our hands.
cmiller00
AG
Sounds like he'll end up at 1B.
Tksymm7
AG
I will always take a bat that plays over a fielder first.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

I will always take a bag that plays over a fielder first.

Same. That's why I wanted Waldschmidt. Feel like we're gonna regret that one but we shall see.
WestTexasAg
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Seager an all star!

Where are you seeing this? Can't find it anywhere
https://www.mlb.com/rangers/news/corey-seager-added-to-2024-all-star-game-roster
gigem1223
Crazy that Arz has 3 picks in the top 35
shack009
AG
We should have been picking right after them again with Jung winning AL ROTY if he hadn't got hurt.
Tksymm7
AG
You say that, but I'm honestly not crazy upset. You only have so much money to spend and spending on essentially two first round picks eats your cap away.
gigem1223
Yep. Hopefully Wyatt can heat back up again and win it this year.
shack009
AG
Tksymm7 said:

You say that, but I'm honestly not crazy upset. You only have so much money to spend and spending on essentially two first round picks eats your cap away.

Oh interesting. Figured they would give you some more leeway if you were one of those picks. Thought they were trying to reward teams for promoting guys and compensate teams for losing guys in FA? Doesn't seem like much of a reward/compensation if you don't get more room to work with.
shack009
AG
Oakland gets Tommy White and Angels get Chris Cortez in the second round. Hate those picks for very different reasons lol.
gigem1223
Damn and then Sanford goes to Pittsburgh (A&M commit)
gigem1223
2nd round pick (65): Dylan Dreiling -OF Tennessee

Love this pick

shack009
AG
Rangers got another one that smacked around the Ags
Tksymm7
AG
He was so good in the CWS
gigem1223
2 years at Tenner:

2023- .295 avg, 1.054 OPS
2024- .342 avg, 1.174 OPS
shack009
AG
They also said on MLBN that he was 0-16 against lefties in 2023 and in 2024 he hit almost .400 with an OPS over 1.300 against lefties. You love to see stuff like that.
First Page Last Page
Page 281 of 358

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.