*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

690,004 Views | 12307 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Proposition Joe
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Langford continuing to mash
gigem1223
Amazing it took them that long to call that a balk
gigem1223
Atta boy Lowe. Fun offense when several bats are hot
KT 90
AG
Good to see Lowe heating up here lately. Makes a big difference with him hitting again.

.... and up's his trade value, just in case

gigem1223
Marcus heating up too?
beagle2009
AG
Simmy keeps it going!
KT 90
AG
Semien with his second hit of the night... maybe he is heating up as well. Up 7-3 now
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Yesssss…
sburg2007
One game at a time but, I say eff it! Win these next six heading into the break, get on a heater and force ownership to keep this thing together! I'm not ready to blow this thing up yet!
ryanhnc10
AG
Bats are starting to cook
gigem1223
We don't need to win the next 6. A sweep in LA would be nice but win the next 2 series and we're in it. Just stay within 5 games. I think we're in for a good 2nd half. The schedule sets up nicely and we're getting some big pieces healthy.
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

We don't need to win the next 6. A sweep in LA would be nice but win the next 2 series and we're in it. Just stay within 5 games. I think we're in for a good 2nd half. The schedule sets up nicely and we're getting some big pieces healthy.
We need to go 4-2 or 5-1 heading into the All-Star break. We would be right there in striking range if so.

KT 90
AG
Gray isn't fooling anybody this inning. Several loud outs. Urena is warming in the pen.
gigem1223
Agree
sburg2007
4-2 is fine but if those two losses are to Houston that hurts. Obviously don't need 6-0 but it would be badass to be .500
gigem1223
Gray has recovered nicely
Aggie Dad 26
gigem1223 said:

Langford continuing to mash

Indeed! The timing is great too. At this point, Garcia is either about to get seriously hot or go sub .200 at the plate
KT 90
AG
sburg2007 said:

4-2 is fine but if those two losses are to Houston that hurts. Obviously don't need 6-0 but it would be badass to be .500
Correct. We need two wins minimum against Houston, that would insure that we are making up ground on them.
shack009
AG
Said yesterday that Langford needed to remain in the 4 hole, if not higher. Glad Bochy had the cajones to leave him there and bump Garcia down. It's the right move. Langford has earned that spot, and Garcia has earned a drop in the order.
gigem1223
Urena needs more high leverage spots, less Latz. Dude has been nails
gigem1223
I've seen enough. Wyatt Langford will go down as an all timer
Mr Gigem
AG
Langford!!!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
What a blast!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Langford is so sick
Aggie Dad 26
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Langford is so sick

I guess I need to add a graded card of his in my collection now. Had plans at the beginning of the season but he went Luke warm for what seemed like 100 ABs
Aggie Dad 26
I don't read this thread daily so excuse me if it's been said. But do yall think Jung will actually be back shortly after the All-Star break?
gigem1223
5 run lead and we have to burn Robertson. Thanks blue.
ryanhnc10
AG
Prepare to spend some money. He's not sneaking up on anyone
DallasAg 94
Not sure if anyone has seen these:
https://www.espn.in/mlb/injuries
Quote:

8 Jul: Mahle (elbow) is scheduled to make his second rehab start Tuesday with Triple-A Round Rock, Jeff Wilson of RangersToday.com reports.

Quote:

6 Jul: Rangers manager Bruce Bochy said Saturday that Dunning will move to the bullpen with Max Scherzer (back) set to return Sunday, Shawn McFarland of The Dallas Morning News reports.

Not a surprise Dunning to the BP, but Mahle is set for only 2.0 IP. I don't see him being in the rotation down the season, unless he is only an opener. Go Mahle 3-4 IP and then Urena.

Gray only going 5.0 IP will get him moved sooner than later, IMO.

KT 90
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

I don't read this thread daily so excuse me if it's been said. But do yall think Jung will actually be back shortly after the All-Star break?

Nobody really knows. He keeps having soreness. He had a few rehab games in AAA, and then was going to have BP in Arlington and then likely be activated after that. But it never happened. Seems like it has been 1.5 to 2 weeks now. Believe I read that when ready he would do another rehab stint first, then to Arlington. So we are looking 2 to 3 weeks I would think. And that 's if all goes well.
Aggie Dad 26
Thanks
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen these:
https://www.espn.in/mlb/injuries
Quote:

8 Jul: Mahle (elbow) is scheduled to make his second rehab start Tuesday with Triple-A Round Rock, Jeff Wilson of RangersToday.com reports.

Quote:

6 Jul: Rangers manager Bruce Bochy said Saturday that Dunning will move to the bullpen with Max Scherzer (back) set to return Sunday, Shawn McFarland of The Dallas Morning News reports.

Not a surprise Dunning to the BP, but Mahle is set for only 2.0 IP. I don't see him being in the rotation down the season, unless he is only an opener. Go Mahle 3-4 IP and then Urena.

Gray only going 5.0 IP will get him moved sooner than later, IMO.

We didn't sign Mahle for a 1 year contract. Provided no setbacks, there's no reason to believe he won't be cemented in the rotation in about a month.
Coppell97
AG
Coppell97
AG
gigem1223 said:

5 run lead and we have to burn Robertson. Thanks blue.
only threw 6 pitches. He will be alright.
DallasAg 94
Aggie Dad 26 said:

I think it is generally mixed.

Some don't expect him back.

I posted this weekend that Bochy said "we get Jung back after the All-Star break." He sounded declarative, but it might have just been my wishful belief.

I don't think it would surprise anyone if he didn't make it back. Having said that, the Rangers under Chris Young have seemingly been very vague and private in how they've handled the IL.
First Page Last Page
Page 267 of 352

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.