***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,287,731 Views | 60444 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Texaggie7nine
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Dang. He was the best.

Beau Holder
AG
That could also be a 2017 tribute that would make so many garden tools mad.
Heineken-Ashi
_veeyah_ said:

JDUB08AG said:

houag78 said:

So on to baseball….
At this point, is there anybody in the A.L. that scares you, as in "I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs!"
I really can't say there is - although the NYY owned us early on, we are a Completely different team today. I feel really good about getting back to the ALCS and then some.

There's a law of averages concern I have with the yankees. We've owned them for a decade. At some point that will come to an end and we've faced each other a lot in the playoffs.
Soto can be a difference maker or better yet how we pitch to Soto can be a difference on a series if we face the yankees.....that plus you know those umpires can always have some shady calls go in favor of ny
Bean him every single time.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Mathguy64
AG
Cleveland gets 3 with the white Sox starting tonight. By Thursday the math will make it almost impossible.

We are looking like the 3 seed.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Hope some of the kids are teaching Pena to get back to fundamentals.

Although to be fair he was busting his ass on extra drills at the game Saturday. We had great seats for my wife's birthday and she enjoyed the eye candy before the game started.
Buck Compton
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Cleveland gets 3 with the white Sox starting tonight. By Thursday the math will make it almost impossible.

Iys been increasingly unlikely since the Reds series… but we do have the Tribe for the final three games. Can make up three there in the direct matchup, which changes the typical math considerably.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

Mathguy64 said:

Iys been increasingly unlikely since the Reds series… but we do have the Tribe for the final three games. Can make up three there in the direct matchup, which changes the typical math considerably.

We need to cut it to one game going into that series.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Buck Compton said:

Mathguy64 said:

We need to cut it to one game going into that series.

Yep. And I just don't see it. We are as far behind the tribe as Seattle is to us.
houag78
AG
I'm fine w three seed. Gives us a few more games to get Tuck ready. We have the best 4 man rotation in the playoffs. Let's go!!
All I do is Nguyen
Red Sox up on the Orioles
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
All I do is Nguyen
Guardindians are playing the white Sox so def need to beat the As to keep pace
No matter what!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
falcon09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Oilers, Texans, & Rockets should have zero impact on an Astros city connect uni.

I've seen a lot of guesses or ideas thrown out there. What if we lean into the 2017 "Houston Strong" feel. I think the city is at its best when it comes together and during disaster relief.
So a hurricane theme? They could put the names of all the major hurricanes (plus TS Allison) around the sleeve cuff or something.
Johnsy3
AG
BadAggie
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Hope some of the kids are teaching Pena to get back to fundamentals.

Although to be fair he was busting his ass on extra drills at the game Saturday. We had great seats for my wife's birthday and she enjoyed the eye candy before the game started.

Jeremey is ok in my book. I'm pretty sure he's gotten me laid a few times.
Beat40
Not even gonna ask!!
FrioAg 00
AG
It's like being around when the bar closes. When their first choice isn't available, be Mr Available.
gambochaman
AG
Julia at the team up event

My goodness
Mathguy64
AG
Tribe won, KC and Twins lose. As did O's. Yanks won.

Get healthy and win the Division.
W
AG
Mathguy64 said:

which means the Astros could still pay for their April sins (so to speak)...if the wildcard series goes awry
W
AG
also means Framber cannot start game 1 of the ALDS

thank goodness there is a day off between games 1 and 2

so Framber and HB can start games 2 and 3
BadAggie
AG
4 back of Tribe in loss column, 19 games left and a 3 game head to head series to end the regular season

Not over yet

tjack16
AG
W said:

also means Framber cannot start game 1 of the ALDS

thank goodness there is a day off between games 1 and 2

so Framber and HB can start games 2 and 3

Ideally if you win in 2, you'd get a few days off as well (WC game 2 is 10/2, ALDS game 1 is 10/5)

I'd feel good about Kikuchi going game 1 of the ALDS. I'm also not out on Blanco as a playoff starter if necessary
W
AG
the final series vs. the Guardians will be very interesting -- as to whether the Astros go all-in for the 2-seed.

would they start Framber or HB on Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th...risking that they would be unavailable for the wildcard series
tjack16
AG
W said:

the final series vs. the Guardians will be very interesting -- as to whether the Astros go all-in for the 2-seed.

would they start Framber or HB on Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th...risking that they would be unavailable for the wildcard series

If we are 2.5-3.5 games back or better I'd go all out the first game and if we win keep pushing.. if you lose then don't worry about it.

As we've seen the most important thing is just get in and get in healthy
Wabs
AG
Really could use a bounce back from Arrighetti tonight
All I do is Nguyen
Someone please tell me this went exactly how I imagined it did

No matter what!
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

W said:

If we are 2.5-3.5 games back or better I'd go all out the first game and if we win keep pushing.. if you lose then don't worry about it.

It's the last series of the season. Can't be a half game. If it's 3 games I guess roll the dice. 2 or 1 game behind and you can go at it.

We currently have the tie breaker H2H with the 2-1 series win earlier. But I have no clue what the secondary tie breaker is. If you win game 1 you keep trying. It's a big game of Russian roulette. The more you try the more you risk messing up the WC rotation. But the same is true for Cleveland.
Billy Baroo
AG
Check the date they put that news out back in 1989. Pretty hilarious though.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

W said:

It's the last series of the season. Can't be a half game. If it's 3 games I guess roll the dice. 2 or 1 game behind and you can go at it.

We currently have the tie breaker H2H with the 2-1 series win earlier. But I have no clue what the secondary tie breaker is. If you win game 1 you keep trying. It's a big game of Russian roulette. The more you try the more you risk messing up the WC rotation. But the same is true for Cleveland.

Aw my bad got it confused with the Seattle series.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

Mathguy64 said:

tjack16 said:

W said:

Aw my bad got it confused with the Seattle series.

You just focus on getting the lucky baby's mojo ramped up.
W
AG
if the Astros and Guardians split the season series at 3-3

the next tiebreaker is intradivision record

Cleveland has a slight edge right now...25-21 to 21-18
Mathguy64
AG
If we end up splitting the series 3-3 and tie we would need a 1 game lead going into the series. I don't see that in the cards.
First Page Last Page
Page 1630 of 1728

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.