***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,847,818 Views | 67310 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by cone
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I agree that is about right but that means we've giving up our top 2 MLB near MLB ready arms. I'd prefer to keep one (Bloss) and give up another OFer or a package with a few INFs not named Dezenzo & Matthews.

Who is this guy? He referenced using a website for valuation but disagreeing with it so it seems he doesn't know either organization.

I believe that cost is too high for us personally. Joey and One of those arms maybe, and a younger arm. Chaz and one of those guys. But not Joey and both of our next up guys.
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I agree that is about right but that means we've giving up our top 2 MLB near MLB ready arms. I'd prefer to keep one (Bloss) and give up another OFer or a package with a few INFs not named Dezenzo & Matthews.

Who is this guy? He referenced using a website for valuation but disagreeing with it so it seems he doesn't know either organization.

I believe that cost is too high for us personally. Joey and One of those arms maybe, and a younger arm. Chaz and one of those guys. But not Joey and both of our next up guys.

1.5 years of Vlad is going to be expensive.

There is a website (Trade Value something… I forget) that does evaluations. It used to be free but now it's all subscription.

He's a Blue Jays / MLB YouTuber. I caught a few of his videos over the years. Seems fairly level headed.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Definitely seemed level headed and rational from their perspective but I think that's just too high on our end. Thats a "starter" OF, an arm who already made his debut and pitched very well and a third who the GM has mentioned by name could be ready.

Too steep on our end but I can see why they'd ask it
agproducer
AG
Yeah, I'm not making that trade.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Also my reference to him questioning the website was because he says it undervalues Vlad so he ignores it. But he's using it to value our guys which I beieve makes him under value them.

Based off what everyone always thinks of our farm I don't trust those 3 are being valued high enough in that trade
All I do is Nguyen
This does NOT look good for Correa

Mr.Ackar07
All I do is Nguyen said:

My first thought was "when did he get he traded to the marlins?" Their hat looks like the Miami M.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

You can take the Astro out of Houston, but you can't take the Houston out of the Astro
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

You can take the Astro out of Houston, but you can't take the Houston out of the Astro
Mathguy64
AG
Why players don't all wear the Bagwell back of hand pad is beyond me.
agproducer
AG
I miss George.
iBrad
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Why players don't all wear the Bagwell back of hand pad is beyond me.

Looks like he was hit on his right hand, so it wouldn't have mattered.
Mathguy64
AG
Rangerettes getting rolled and dusted by the O's. 9-1 B7.

The Rangers are in free fall.
All I do is Nguyen
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07
AG
Mathguy64 said:

If things continue as-is we have a chance to absolutely bury them in that last series right before the ASB.
Hornbeck
AG
Mathguy64 said:

This pleases me.
astroaggie13
AG
Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I freakin love Springer's swing when he connects like that.
Prosperdick
AG
astroaggie13 said:

Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I freakin love Springer's swing when he connects like that.
One of the most satisfying home runs in Astros history.
texasaggie2015
AG
I actually think they're more likely to deal Arighetti than Bloss (assuming both are healthy at the time). I know there's been several teams asking about him and Dana thinks Bloss will be very good.

Also some Aggie baseball scoop for you fellas- I can confirm O'Conner has interest in the job.
Prosperdick
AG
Ag_07 said:

Mathguy64 said:

If things continue as-is we have a chance to absolutely bury them in that last series right before the ASB.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving franchise.
Harry Dunne
All I do is Nguyen said:

You hate to see that. These last 3 years are the healthiest stretch he has ever had.

On the other hand, I'm very thankful we passed on overpaying for the tail end of his career. Like a lot of folks around here, I once thought he would be a future Hall of Famer. Now he'll be lucky to make three career All-Star teams.
Hornbeck
AG
11-2 Os right now.
All I do is Nguyen
Hornbeck said:

11-2 Os right now.
We pissed off the Os I guess lol
Harry Dunne
Serviam said:

Harry Dunne said:

Almost as bad as when that one guy tried to make "strawberry man" stick for Framber.

Hey that was me

Mr Frambuesa
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I actually think they're more likely to deal Arighetti than Bloss (assuming both are healthy at the time). I know there's been several teams asking about him and Dana thinks Bloss will be very good.

Also some Aggie baseball scoop for you fellas- I can confirm O'Conner has interest in the job.

O'Conner let's go
iamtheglove
EastCoastAgNc said:

Man Rob is trying so hard to not hurt the umpires delicate little feelings
Quote:

"This was done in direct response to a perceived increase in the incidence of Players and other On-Field Personnel using the dugout tablets in particular, the feed that includes the strike zone graphic to argue balls and strikes, and in some cases to berate, harass and embarrass Major League umpires," read a memo the league and union jointly issued to teams on Tuesday.
Quote:

There's one catch, though: players who use a dugout tablet to "embarrass, denigrate, or question the impartiality or ability of an umpire," will face increased penalties going forward. Players remain subject to ejection and can now be fined between $2,500 and $7,500 for a first-time violation, with progressive discipline from there. Previously, players were fined, but the amounts were never before specifically codified, and were always lower.

When are umpires going to get fined if they are bad at their jobs and impact the outcome of games?
Hornbeck
AG
They took forever to can that hack Angel Hernandez. There's 3-4 others almost as bad. The best balls and strikes guy in the league is on leave for gambling…

Roboumps for every pitch. You stay over 94%, you get to keep calling pitches. If you drop under 94% for more than 3 games calling pitches… call it the "Hernandez Line" you can stand behind the plate, but a pitch comp feeds you balls and strikes automagically, so people don't know who's calling and who's not. For the rest of the season. That way, you don't upset the fragile umps, but still bring integrity into the game. The best guys, take the top 5-6, there's your World Series crew.
Farmer1906
AG
Hornbeck
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What ever happened with the Tourist's stadium? I know the league was coming down on them because it wasn't up to standards…
MaxPower
Hornbeck said:

They took forever to can that hack Angel Hernandez. There's 3-4 others almost as bad. The best balls and strikes guy in the league is on leave for gambling…

Roboumps for every pitch. You stay over 94%, you get to keep calling pitches. If you drop under 94% for more than 3 games calling pitches… call it the "Hernandez Line" you can stand behind the plate, but a pitch comp feeds you balls and strikes automagically, so people don't know who's calling and who's not. For the rest of the season. That way, you don't upset the fragile umps, but still bring integrity into the game. The best guys, take the top 5-6, there's your World Series crew.
Seems simple to me. Home plate ump gets paid the most. You get to ump more games if you are more accurate. It's called a meritocracy. I don't care if it's the same guy calling strikes every game for a series if he's the best one in the crew.
Project Gemini
AG
MaxPower said:

Hornbeck said:

Seems simple to me. Home plate ump gets paid the most. You get to ump more games if you are more accurate. It's called a meritocracy. I don't care if it's the same guy calling strikes every game for a series if he's the best one in the crew.
Meritocracy in a union run profession? GTFO
FrioAg 00
AG
Wow. Thanks for the nugget 2015.

If we go from "OMG they took Schloss" to landing OConner, who has a much better and equally long resume, in 4 days, I can't even believe it.

Looks like we already have the bulk of the pitching unit coming back (which proved to be the real strength of this team) and if OConner happens I bet we can hold/assemble the lineup to be a top 5 competitive team again next year.

Lord knows our NIL game is motivated to make it happen.

All I do is Nguyen
So what would yall think if we trade Spaghetti, Chas, and a farm arm for Vlad jr? I don't wanna give up on Lopes just yet and Dubon can play left if Yordan needs a DH day
texasaggie2015
AG
Don't want to jump the gun but tomorrow could be a very fun day.
All I do is Nguyen
So I'm hearing

First Page Last Page
Page 952 of 1924

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.