City Connect Uniforms

13,471 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread went to hell and I contributed to its crappiness.
nai06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

DFW has more championships than Houston, but Houston fans don't wanna bring that up lol
1. Fort Worth doesn't have any.

2. Dallas + Arlington has 6 vs Houston's 4. The difference is the average year of the ones in Houston happened 2007 vs 1991.
Damn man, it's almost like it's one metroplex.

Also, DFW has 7 titles. 5 super bowls, 1 finals win, and 1 Stanley Cup.

Hockey? Might as well add WNBA, MLS, WFL, AFL, XFL, PCL, etc.
somebody mad they don't have an NHL team
LeagueCityAg
AG
nai06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

DFW has more championships than Houston, but Houston fans don't wanna bring that up lol

2. Dallas + Arlington has 6 vs Houston's 4. The difference is the average year of the ones in Houston happened 2007 vs 1991.

Houston barely supports its NFL team, they don't deserve a hockey team.
Farmer1906
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

nai06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

It sucks so much you moved here. Weird flex.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

nai06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

It sucks so much you moved here. Weird flex.
Love the city, haven't dogged it at all.

The sports though...
Legal Custodian
AG
Weird flex to brag about not having one of the Big 4 sport franchises while being the 4th largest city in America.
Ag_07
AG
Had hope this thread was getting back on track but nope.

Yall sound like a bunch kindergartens out on the playground arguing.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
How long can a thread discussing uniforms possibly be without a little good natured trash talk
Farmer1906
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Weird flex to brag about not having one of the Big 4 sport franchises while being the 4th largest city in America.

I have never once heard sports referred to as the big 4.
Legal Custodian
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I can only assume you are joking with that statement and using the popcorn emoji
Silent For Too Long
Keeper of The Spirits said:

How long can a thread discussing uniforms possibly be without a little good natured trash talk

This.

I'm relatively certain Legal, KOS, Farmer and I are just having fun.

I guess our fan bases are playing a collective game of chicken on starting the Trash talking thread so we are California squating this one.

If anyone wants to discuss uniforms please don't let our banter refrain you from doing so.
Silent For Too Long
nai06 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hey, can't we just all claim the Stars the way all Metros claim the Arlingtons?
LeagueCityAg
AG
Apparently Houston fans don't understand the concept of a metroplex. Too difficult to comprehend I guess.
Hornbeck
AG
The Rangers City Connect Unis look like they were designed by the same team that did Great Britain's WBC Unis....

(doing my part to un--derail)
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

I find it fascinating so many Astros fans need to bag on the Ranger's uniforms. Meanwhile, none of the Ranger's fans care one way or another about Houston's.

Houston fans seem to hate the D/FW teams - meanwhile, D/FW fans, as usual, don't ever much think about Houston.

Even after winning 1.5 world championships, seems Houston fans still have that inferiority complex going. So weird.
Because Dallas in general has a better sports history than Houston. Houston gets a title that Dallas doesn't have and they can't contain themselves.

I didn't realize Houston fans hated Dallas so much until I went to college. Now I live down here and I gotta hear it a lot lol. Still love living here though.

I hate the Astros, but not nearly as much as Astros fans hate the Rangers. It's a super one-sided city rivalry.

If you replace Houston with A&M and Dallas with tu, it fits perfectly with how tu fans post about A&M.
"I hate the Astros, but not nearly as much as Astros fans hate the Rangers. It's a super one-sided city rivalry."

Houston hates dallas...period. But dallas hasn't done anything to really need to hate Houston. Have to be good to hate another team, cause when your bad, the only team you hate is your own.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
GrapevineAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Google "big 4 sports" and the first hit you get is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_professional_sports_leagues_in_the_United_States_and_Canada

Quote:

The major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada are the highest men's competitions of team sports in those countries. The four leagues traditionally included in the definition are Major League Baseball (MLB), the National Basketball Association (NBA), the National Football League (NFL), and the National Hockey League (NHL).

Either you're not enough of a sports fan to know this, or you have a small sports dick because Houston doesn't have an NHL team. I think it's the latter - how many times have you tried this losing argument over the years?
Farmer1906
AG
NHL is closer in revenue to AFL (Austrian Rules Football) & SHL (Swedish Hockey League) than any of the big 3.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah, the NHL's revenue is 5th globally (slightly behind EPL) and ~3 times that of MLS, and ~5x of Australian Football.

Farmer1906
AG
That doesn't dispute anything I said.
GrapevineAg
AG
So, what, do you want to weight championships by league revenue? I don't think you'd like the outcome.

Have a good one, don't give up the fight, lol.
Farmer1906
AG
GrapevineAg said:

So, what, do you want to weight championships by league revenue? I don't think you'd like the outcome.

Have a good one, don't give up the fight, lol.
Sure weigh by revenue and recency.
nai06
AG
Add another shelf to the trophy case fellas! The Arlington Renegades just won the XFL Championship!

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/37644934/renegades-upset-defenders-claim-improbable-xfl-title

also just ignore this part
The Renegades entered the playoffs with a losing record (4-6) but managed to win the championship against a Defenders team that went 10-1.

And this part
Before the championship, they didn't win two consecutive games throughout the season and alternated wins and losses for the first six weeks.

oh and this part too
The biggest reason was the Renegades' struggling offense, which averaged 13 points per game before the Perez trade.
Hornbeck
AG
If we're throwing in other sports, don't forget H-Town's …

Minor League Hockey Champs
WNBA Champs
MLS Champs
Etc….
Hornbeck
AG
Farmer1906 said:

NHL is closer in revenue to AFL (Austrian Rules Football) & SHL (Swedish Hockey League) than any of the big 3.

AFL revenues are diminished because of NRL being the favored sport in two of the most populous states (multiple Sydney teams). Additionally, comparing Australian sports with US is apples and oranges. Most "pro" athletes in Australia have other jobs in the off-season like police or teaching.

Source: I lived there and follow their sports.
The Anchor
AG
I clicked on this thread to see info on uniforms. Yall aren't even talking about baseball.
AgLA06
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Apparently Houston fans don't understand the concept of a metroplex. Too difficult to comprehend I guess.
Oh we get it. Since there's nothing iconic it's an attempt to include everything and everyone. So to everyone else it means nothing.

94chem
Been a Fort Worth Rangers fan since birth. But we all know the Dallas Sidekicks own DFW.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.