City Connect Uniforms

13,469 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
Bigballin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They're called city connect, not several counties or state connect.

Should have had Jerry world with Mr freeze going up the side of it.

Ag_07
AG
Everything I've seen on these Rangers jerseys nothing really jumps out and says DFW. I just think they missed the mark on creating a uniform that connects to the city. I'm guess ng they were caught in the middle of not doing anything Dallas or FW but Arlington doesn't have much to identify with.

This sounds more like Houston than DFW

The little reimagined Dallas Spurs logo looks like well a San Antonio Spurs logo.

And the 4-21 and the quote were printed on parts of the uniform that aren't even seen so WTF is the point?

I will say while I'm not a fan of how they look the merch like the hoodies and shirts does look pretty cool.

TarponChaser
wangus12 said:

The super dark pants on the Rangers uniforms make me think of softball uniforms

Exactly my thoughts.
fc2112
We should all probably admit none of us are the targeted demographic for these uniforms.
Marvin
AG
fc2112 said:

We should all probably admit none of us are the targeted demographic for these uniforms.

Good point. I can only think of two or three that I actually liked, but I'm already a baseball fan.
Mr Gigem
AG
They grow on me every day. We have a mural up right by the office
PatAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

Everything I've seen on these Rangers jerseys nothing really jumps out and says DFW. I just think they missed the mark on creating a uniform that connects to the city. I'm guess ng they were caught in the middle of not doing anything Dallas or FW but Arlington doesn't have much to identify with.

This sounds more like Houston than DFW

The little reimagined Dallas Spurs logo looks like well a San Antonio Spurs logo.

And the 4-21 and the quote were printed on parts of the uniform that aren't even seen so WTF is the point?

I will say while I'm not a fan of how they look the merch like the hoodies and shirts does look pretty cool.

I think the bolded part is a great point, and something the marketing team should have considered. Baseball doesn't exist in a vacuum, and the Spurs are one of our major rivals in the NBA. It looks like their logo, and the colors are very similar too.
fc2112
That was the DFW Spurs logo long before the San Antonio Spurs existed.
Ag_07
AG
We know but that's not what people see when they see that logo.

And looking at some of the DFW Spurs stuff I think they could've done something like this with a western type font and tie in the Ranger, stock yard, Texas theme even done some sort of nod to the State Fair and it would've been really cool.

TarponChaser
Damnit- I looked at these City Connect jerseys for the Rangers and now I'm inundated with ads for that crappy AAAAA squad.
nai06
AG
Can we at least agree they missed the mark with the name Peagle?

Vandergriffin was just sitting right there
Mr Gigem
AG
htxag09
AG
fc2112 said:

What uniforms are you talking about? City Connect in general or the Rangers'?

I can tell you there isn't a single targeted demographic for the Astros' City Connect jerseys. For only being out a year, they're one of the more popular jerseys out there. My work had an Astros day at my office around opening day and more than half the jerseys I saw were the Space City ones.....
PatAg
AG
fc2112 said:

That was the DFW Spurs logo long before the San Antonio Spurs existed.
Based on the dates of both orgs existing, I understand that.
I also live in reality, where 99% of people will see that logo and think "san antonio spurs"
PatAg
AG
nai06 said:

Can we at least agree they missed the mark with the name Peagle?

Vandergriffin was just sitting right there
Should have hired you!
Farmer1906
AG
htxag09 said:

fc2112 said:

What uniforms are you talking about? City Connect in general or the Rangers'?

I can tell you there isn't a single targeted demographic for the Astros' City Connect jerseys. For only being out a year, they're one of the more popular jerseys out there. My work had an Astros day at my office around opening day and more than half the jerseys I saw were the Space City ones.....
Astros fans just love their merch.

Astros Set Highest Single Day Merchandise Sale in WS History.

Houston's launch of its Space City-themed uniforms marked the best sales launch of any of the nine teams to unveil their City Connect uniforms so far, with the Astros' launch-day sales beating the previous top mark by 329%.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
aggiedadofpanda said:

There has been a conversation going on in the Rangers thread about the City Connect unis. I'm actually enjoying seeing what the different cities are rolling out, even though some of them are visually distracting. I think I appreciate it more after reading Evan Grant's piece in the DMN today about how the concept was created and executed.

I actually like the Rangers City Connect jerseys, not wild about the rope stripe on the pants, not crazy about the hat (logo is too big), but clearly some significant thought went into each element. Also, according to their media communication the pants and hat are supposed to be a dark navy blue, but they look black to me. The gothic look doesn't do much for me one way or the other. I think the Rangers were the 16th team to release these. Looking forward to the rest.

These are dumb.....now before I get into it.....I am an astros fan, but I think Nike robbed yall blind on this one.

It would have been better going with a plainer one but on this uni theres a few things that make no sense to me.

The lettering...cool, not for me but it fits, it makes sense

4-21.....the battle of san jacinto....near houston? Come on man

The mythical creature combo.....idk man, that just seems dumb to combine creatures, make each one fight the other one or something, makes no sense.

The rest is ok, i mean alot of emphasis on one team to represent it, but was that the spurs uniforms? why not replicate those uniforms like miami did? why pour so much of one team into something that doesnt represent dallas/ft worth and arlington. Idk man, just seems stupid.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Mr Gigem
AG
Here a video that I think gives a better explanation on all yours points

Ag_07
AG
The bottom line is that if you have to explain all this in a video then it missed the mark.

How many DFW residents know anything about these historic minor league baseball teams? Realistically if you asked a random set of 100 people how many could tell the names of these teams?

That's not really connecting to the city
HarryRocket
It's fascinating how much people differ on these city connect uniforms.

I think the white Sox one looks like a cheap china knock off. But some say they are the best.

The Red Sox, the marathon? Really? For that city? That's the lead?

And wow on San Diego. Just garbage.

But almost no one agrees with me, and no one probably agrees with you if you gave your opinion on 3 teams.

It's interesting.
Mr.Bond
AG
HarryRocket said:

I think the white Sox one looks like a cheap china knock off. But some say they are the best.

But almost no one agrees with me, and no one probably agrees with you if you gave your opinion on 3 teams.

It's interesting.

I'm not saying I like them but yes that is a huge freakin deal up in Boston. It's like a damn city holiday
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

HarryRocket said:

It's interesting.

I'm not saying I like them but yes that is a huge freakin deal up in Boston. It's like a damn city holiday

I do like them.

It's a big deal to a lot of runners. With the terror attack now several years back, it made it even more meaningful to Boston.

"This is our ****ing city" -Ortiz
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Ag_07 said:

I like San Diego's but not for them.

That should've been Miami

I remember reading at the time from a few different sources that theirs is very San Diego and locals loved it.
Mathguy64
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Ag_07 said:

I like San Diego's but not for them.

That should've been Miami

I remember reading at the time from a few different sources that theirs is very San Diego and locals loved it.

I'll go out on a limb and say that every fan base of every team loves their city connect unis. Whatever the general population thinks of them we all think ours look great.
PatAg
AG
Ihatefallscounty said:

aggiedadofpanda said:

There has been a conversation going on in the Rangers thread about the City Connect unis. I'm actually enjoying seeing what the different cities are rolling out, even though some of them are visually distracting. I think I appreciate it more after reading Evan Grant's piece in the DMN today about how the concept was created and executed.

I actually like the Rangers City Connect jerseys, not wild about the rope stripe on the pants, not crazy about the hat (logo is too big), but clearly some significant thought went into each element. Also, according to their media communication the pants and hat are supposed to be a dark navy blue, but they look black to me. The gothic look doesn't do much for me one way or the other. I think the Rangers were the 16th team to release these. Looking forward to the rest.

4-21.....the battle of san jacinto....near houston? Come on man

April 21, 1972 was the date the Texas Rangers franchise played its first game at Arlington Stadium
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Also, not sure if you know it but The Battle of San Jacinto affected every Texan. Houston wasn't even a thing yet so the location of the Battle and proximity to Houston is happenstance.
Double Talkin' Jive...
GrapevineAg
AG
I really don't like the Gothic "TX" but am otherwise ok with these. They're not beautiful but they are thoughtful. The peagle reminds me of the Mobil pegasus that was an icon of the Dallas skyline years ago. Wonder if it's just a coincidence?
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Also, not sure if you know it but The Battle of San Jacinto affected every Texan. Houston wasn't even a thing yet so the location of the Battle and proximity to Houston is happenstance.
idk man, just seems dumb to put that on a rangers uniform when that battle was so close to Houston.....and Led by general Sam Houston. Which the University is close to us too, the Houston Area.

Think they just got that one wrong. I'd feel dumb as a Rangers fan with it.
htxag09
AG
I would have bet money that the uniforms would have at least included an ode to the actual Texas Rangers in some fashion.
Farmer1906
AG
ClickClack
AG
Mr.Bond said:

HarryRocket said:

It's interesting.

What bugs me about the Boston ones is that they already had the marathon-themed jersey before the City Connect thing came out. So they just recycled the same thing for their city connect. But yes, they pretty much love that jersey up here which is fine, I get it.

The rangers one is horrible. The ugliest city connect jersey out there, sorry. WTF is that.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Ihatefallscounty said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

idk man, just seems dumb to put that on a rangers uniform when that battle was so close to Houston.....and Led by general Sam Houston. Which the University is close to us too, the Houston Area.

The world does not revolve around Houston. The date of 4/21 isn't just the anniversary of the Battle of San Jacinto but also the date of the first Rangers game played in Arlington.

I'm not crazy about including the date, although 4/21 is significant for the ENTIRE state of Texas (not to mention Aggies) as well as the history of the Texas Rangers. In fact, it also is significant for Mexico if you really want to get down to it. I doubt Mexico views it the same as Texans, though.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Ihatefallscounty said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

The world does not revolve around Houston. The date of 4/21 isn't just the anniversary of the Battle of San Jacinto but also the date of the first Rangers game played in Arlington.

I'm not crazy about including the date, although 4/21 is significant for the ENTIRE state of Texas (not to mention Aggies) as well as the history of the Texas Rangers. In fact, it also is significant for Mexico if you really want to get down to it. I doubt Mexico views it the same as Texans, though.

Never said it did, but these unis might a little…..lol
LeagueCityAg
AG
Happy San Jacinto day to ALL Texans
Ag_07
AG
The 4-21 being on the jerseys is one thing that is actually meaningful to the historical baseball aspect and the Texas cultural aspect.

I think it should've been more prominent and not just printed on the inside collar where no one sees and it's essentially irrelevant.

Same with the quote on the tag that no one sees.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.