City Connect Uniforms

13,459 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thead was literally started to bag on those awful softball uniforms. See the first post.

But, I expect this type of cognitive dissonance from Ranger fan. See ya!
gigem1223
Marvin said:

This thead was literally started to bag on those awful softball uniforms. See the first post.

Do y'all just make **** up in your head? Actually it was started to spark a conversation on the city connect uniforms and the OP stated he liked the Rangers unis.
Marvin
AG
gigem1223 said:

Marvin said:

Do y'all just make **** up in your head? Actually it was started to start a conversation on the city connect uniforms and the OP stated he liked the Rangers unis.

Haha, sorry. I'll own that one. Apparently I looked at the top of the page and not the first post. I'll leave it up to take my punishment.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Marvin said:

gigem1223 said:

Marvin said:

Do y'all just make **** up in your head? Actually it was started to start a conversation on the city connect uniforms and the OP stated he liked the Rangers unis.

Haha, sorry. I'll own that one. Apparently I looked at the top of the page and not the first post. I'll leave it up to take my punishment.
It's fine, I expect this type of cognitive dissonance from an Astros fan. See ya!
Frok
AG
Is this the new Rangers/Astros trash talk thread?

gigem1223
Frok said:

No point in trash talking this early in the season. Would be nice to see both teams competing for the division and/ or the playoffs for once. Don't recall that happening since the Astros joined the AL.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Silent For Too Long
gigem1223 said:

Frok said:

No point in trash talking this early in the season. Would be nice to see both teams competing for the division and/ or the playoffs for once. Don't recall that happening since the Astros joined the AL.

Translation: We know this April lead will dissipate like a fart in a hurricane and we don't need those mean old Astros' fans bumping are miss guided attempts at trash talk all season.
ClickClack
AG
fc2112 said:

I find it fascinating so many Astros fans need to bag on the Ranger's uniforms. Meanwhile, none of the Ranger's fans care one way or another about Houston's.

Houston fans seem to hate the D/FW teams - meanwhile, D/FW fans, as usual, don't ever much think about Houston.

Even after winning 1.5 world championships, seems Houston fans still have that inferiority complex going. So weird.

Has nothing to do with anything other than they are legitimately really ugly uniforms.
LeagueCityAg
AG
fc2112 said:

I find it fascinating so many Astros fans need to bag on the Ranger's uniforms. Meanwhile, none of the Ranger's fans care one way or another about Houston's.

Houston fans seem to hate the D/FW teams - meanwhile, D/FW fans, as usual, don't ever much think about Houston.

Even after winning 1.5 world championships, seems Houston fans still have that inferiority complex going. So weird.
Because Dallas in general has a better sports history than Houston. Houston gets a title that Dallas doesn't have and they can't contain themselves.

I didn't realize Houston fans hated Dallas so much until I went to college. Now I live down here and I gotta hear it a lot lol. Still love living here though.

I hate the Astros, but not nearly as much as Astros fans hate the Rangers. It's a super one-sided city rivalry.
Farmer1906
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

Because Dallas in general has a better sports history than Houston. Houston gets a title that Dallas doesn't have and they can't contain themselves.

I didn't realize Houston fans hated Dallas so much until I went to college. Now I live down here and I gotta hear it a lot lol. Still love living here though.

I hate the Astros, but not nearly as much as Astros fans hate the Rangers. It's a super one-sided city rivalry.

If you replace Houston with A&M and Dallas with tu, it fits perfectly with how tu fans post about A&M.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

If you replace Dallas with A&M and Houston with tu, it fits perfectly with how tu fans post about A&M.

FIFY

Farmer1906
AG
Cool. Show me a single post where A&M fans behave like that.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

Cool. Show me a single post where A&M fans behave like that.

A&M fans don't just think they're automatically in the league championship at the start of the season cuz they're A&M. A&M fans don't obsess over another teams alternate jerseys that Nike created. A&M fans don't think baseball started in 2015. Want me to keep going?

This whole lazy argument that houston fans always bring up, comparing DFW sports fans to longhorn fans is just dumb. We're all Ags here.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

If you replace Houston with A&M and Dallas with tu, it fits perfectly with how tu fans post about A&M.
Not a sip, have a degree from A&M. My post still rings true.

A&M-Texas is a long storied rivalry. Rangers-Astros didn't really heat up until the Astros moved to the AL West. Houston fans are way more passionate about their hate for Dallas. I say this as somebody that has lived in both DFW and Houston.
Farmer1906
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

A&M-Texas is a long storied rivalry. Rangers-Astros didn't really heat up until the Astros moved to the AL West. Houston fans are way more passionate about their hate for Dallas. I say this as somebody that has lived in both DFW and Houston.

So it's cool for Aggies since it lasted longer? Is that your logic?
LeagueCityAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

fc2112 said:

So it's cool for Aggies since it lasted longer? Is that your logic?
No, I'm saying that the hate in A&M-Texas isn't as one-sided as it is in Rangers-Astros.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Dallas does not. I'll give it up for Arlington though
Silent For Too Long
Just like Farmer said, that's EXACTLY what sips, say. But if you go to their fan centric forums, it's obviously not true.

Just like Arlingtonians. Your seething hatred for the Astros is all over your thread and your SBN site. But anytime you get confronted with an Astros fan you like to feign indifference because it's literally all you have.
Silent For Too Long
gigem1223 said:

A&M fans don't just think they're automatically in the league championship at the start of the season cuz they're A&M.

Astros fans only think that because it's been true for 6 years in a row and they are the odds on favorite to be there again.

It's not being conceited. It's being convinced.
Silent For Too Long
LeagueCityAg said:

Because Dallas in general has a better sports history than Houston.

That's not even remotely accurate.

Rockets >>Mavs.
Astros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Arlingtons
Cowboys >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oilers
Cowboys = Texans (since 2005)

If Dirk hadn't snagged ya'll a Larry over a decade ago the Metroplex would be looking at close to a 30 year Ship drought.

Not good.
nai06
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Rockets >>Mavs.

If Dirk hadn't snagged ya'll a Larry over a decade ago the Metroplex would be looking at close to a 30 year Ship drought.

Not good.
Stars >>>>>>> ???????
Silent For Too Long
My Bad nai.

Ya'll wear those Stanley's.
nai06
AG

My Bad nai.

Ya'll wear those Stanley's.

Overall i think the D/FW vs Houston stuff is silly.

I think its because I never grew up thinking of Houston as a rival. Hell I dislike the cowboys specifically because of Jerry Jones and I've soured a bit on the Rangers because of the most recent stadium deal.
Mathguy64
AG

LeagueCityAg said:

Rockets >>Mavs.

Not good.
The correct comparison would look like this:

Houston Rockets >> Dallas Mavs
Dallas Stars > Houston Aeros from 70's but its close to a push
Houston Astros >>>>>>>>>>>any baseball team in Dallas
Arlington Rangers >>>>>>>> any baseball team in Conroe.
Houston Oilers >>>>>> Any pro football team in Dallas
Arlington Cowboys >>>>>>>Any pro football team in Conroe
Houston Texans = Arlington Cowboys during the existence of the Texans.
Houston Dynamo >>>>>> Any pro soccer team in Dallas
Frisco FC >>>>>>> Any pro soccer team in Conroe.
nai06
AG
Also how far down the list of professional sports are we going to go? I think Houston has the leg up when it comes to soccer and I know the local professional rugby team in DFW has won exactly 1 game in it's entire short lived history.
gigem1223

LeagueCityAg said:

Not good.

This is not even close to accurate.

Cowboys winning % since 2005 - 58% (top 10)
Texans winning % since 2005- 44% (bottom 10)

Cowboys also own the H2H 4-2
Silent For Too Long
I was referring to championships and things that actually matter.

Mea culpae.
LeagueCityAg
AG
DFW has more championships than Houston, but Houston fans don't wanna bring that up lol
Farmer1906
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

DFW has more championships than Houston, but Houston fans don't wanna bring that up lol
1. Fort Worth doesn't have any.

2. Dallas + Arlington has 6 vs Houston's 4. The difference is the average year of the ones in Houston happened 2007 vs 1991.
Ag_07
AG
Why does any of this matter?

Ok...So Houston fans don't like DFW fans. Whatever.

Why do you have to cry and whine and argue about it for pages on a thread about MLB jerseys.
Mr Gigem
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

2. Dallas + Arlington has 6 vs Houston's 4. The difference is the average year of the ones in Houston happened 2007 vs 1991.

There's a certain team down in Austin that likes to talk about averages, too
LeagueCityAg
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Damn man, it's almost like it's one metroplex.

Also, DFW has 7 titles. 5 super bowls, 1 finals win, and 1 Stanley Cup.
Mr.Bond
AG
Shiiiiiiit 4 WNBA titles. Checkmate
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Damn man, it's almost like it's one metroplex.

Also, DFW has 7 titles. 5 super bowls, 1 finals win, and 1 Stanley Cup.

Hockey? Might as well add WNBA, MLS, WFL, AFL, XFL, PCL, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.