*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,395,701 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Worthless at bats in the 5th. Once again, our lineup of death makes a guy who is barely staying in the league look like a cy young candidate.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Love lead off triples
beagle2009
AG
Carter with the wheels!!
Grapesoda2525
Several guys haven't hit in awhile. Maybe we can still this win, get some AB's for them and get going soon.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Lord help us, Will Smith is warming up
TexasAggiesWin
S
bmac_aggie18 said:

Lord help us, Will Smith is warming up

Git Jiggy wit it
alvtimes
the firestarter is in the game
aggietony2010
AG
**** Bochy for putting this guy in against a string of righties.

Is he senile or just ******ed?
aggiefan09
AG
Every time will Smith pitches good things happen for the other team.
The Brazos Kid
Damnit Smith
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I guess Bochy doesn't understand the definition of insanity. Dumb ass.
PatriotAg02
AG
Bullpen always finding that **** up energy
DannyDuberstein
AG
Montgomery has given up 2 runs or less in 6 of his 9 Ranger starts. They are working on the 3rd loss of those 6.
Mr Gigem
AG
Why? Why do we continue this madness with Will Smith?
aggietony2010
AG
Bochy needs to retire tonight.
JWinTX
Absolutely nobody in the bullpen is major league worthy.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Jesus, bullpen is trash
TexasAggiesWin
S
aggietony2010 said:

Bochy needs to retire tonight.

He is a damn idiot for sure
94chem
Same script...every single game. Every one of us knew what was about to happen. We hope, but we all knew it. Baseball coaches are the most hard-headed people I've been around in my entire life. Whether it was my HS coach who rolled the same 9 out there every game my senior year even though we were last in the district, Mark Johnson who left his starters in too long week after week, Rob Childress, Dusty Baker, Bochy. All different types of people, except an undying hard-headedness, where they'd rather lose 100 games in a row than try something different. Why did God make them this way?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aggietony2010
AG
Right
Right
Right
Left
Right
Right

And Bochy brings in the Lefty and IBBs the only lefty. Senile.
94chem
I would've been totally on board with Stratton, Perez, Leclerc, Burke...look, I know the options are limited, but Smith had disaster written all over him. Plain as day.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fightintxag13
AG
Mother****er what is it going to take to hold a 1 run lead late??? Quit ****ing pulling our SP's that are rolling to put in the riskiest ****ing relievers in the game!!!!!!!
aggietony2010
AG
Great job from the top of the order.
AggieRob93
AG
Watching this team flail about around historically bad relief pitching all season is a massive failure by the front office and the coaching staff. Pitching has gotten worse as the season has played out.

Gonna be tough to see the Rangers not make the playoffs, but most of August and the better part of September so far really took the shine from the first half of the season.

CYoung got some work to do if this team is going to contend, much less win the AL west.
94chem
For starters, anyone with a pulse can see that Will Smith is completely and utterly incapable of throwing a ball over the middle of the plate and not getting it punished. His only chance is to paint the corners, and hope they chase something. I don't know how a big league manager can miss this. He is a 3-2 count looking for a place to happen, and that's when he's ON. When he's off, it's just wait for something over the plate and pound it. Any big league hitter has to be salivating at the thought of facing him.
94chem,
CampingAg
AG
Cool a six pitch inning for the Red Sox bullpen. I wonder that feels like. The slap dicks in our bullpen are more likely to give up six walks in an inning. If we make the playoffs, great. But we'll be out in the first round with multiple blown saves with every game starting at noon on a weekday. Does that really count?
beagle2009
AG
Why Boch continues to run Smith out there in these high leverage situations is just utterly mind-boggling. I mean literally go to ANYONE but him!!!!
aggietony2010
AG
94chem said:

For starters, anyone with a pulse can see that Will Smith is completely and utterly incapable of throwing a ball over the middle of the plate and not getting it punished. His only chance is to paint the corners, and hope they chase something. I don't know how a big league manager can miss this. He is a 3-2 count looking for a place to happen, and that's when he's ON. When he's off, it's just wait for something over the plate and pound it. Any big league hitter has to be salivating at the thought of facing him.

Even with a massive zone from Blue he couldn't get it done. He got a lot of good calls and still couldn't do it.
Grapesoda2525
**** it man…. **** it all to hell.

Bring on the offseason and thank god for the cowboys and Micah parsons.

Toughest rangers team to follow since probably ever.

These teams aren't playing for jack **** and we still can't beat them.
South Platte
It is what it is guys. Monty is gutless for allowing bochy to take him out of the game at 95 pitches and Smith is worthless. Offense wont win many games scoring 2 runs against a minor league pitcher. We knew all this before the game started.
AggieRob93
AG
A good season lost due to relief pitching. That's it.
South Platte
AggieRob93 said:

A good season lost due to relief pitching. That's it.

Starting pitching too. It hasn't been as bad as relief, but it's been lurking there all season.
CampingAg
AG
Getting teased by Clase and now Chris Martin.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dear baseball God's, if ya listening

Help
Mr Gigem
AG
There needs to be a massive overhaul this off-season on the pitching staff, players and coaches. Inexcusable
First Page Last Page
Page 579 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.