*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,394,274 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Voice Of Reason 11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigem1223 said:

And if the A's hold on, we're only 1 back in the division.

Would be hilarious after all we went through the past few weeks to still win the division.
gigem1223
Voice Of Reason 11 said:

gigem1223 said:

And if the A's hold on, we're only 1 back in the division.

Would be hilarious after all we went through the past few weeks to still win the division.

After all the **** talk and trolling, our friends down south would never live that one down. It's apparent that we're their Super Bowl cuz they have shet the bed against everyone else in the playoff hunt and the lowly A's.
94chem
Loved to see the pen throwing strikes. Burke only gave up 2 because he threw strikes. Stratton, Leclerc, Chapman...same thing.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!
TODAY IT BEGINS!
TODAY IS THE DAY WE CHARGE THE MOUNTAIN!!
This is why I LOVE baseball.

Doubt starts to creep in... You've gotta stay positive. You'll struggle.... that is baseball. It is fighting out of that struggle that is so exciting and rewarding.
agent-maroon
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Soooo, anyone got any interesting theories on why the Astros can't seem to score any runs at home, but score much on the road?? I have one…
Go on...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Roland Schitt
AG
I am absolutely loving this team. That stretch was brutal to go through, but, every team goes through that crap. I think we're lucky it happened when it did, rather than happening these last 19 games. I like the fight. I don't like the bullpen LOL but it is what it is. Hopefully, Scherzer is OK and we get Jung and Garcia back and get this thing rolling again into October.
PatriotAg02
AG
agent-maroon said:

Mr Gigem said:

Soooo, anyone got any interesting theories on why the Astros can't seem to score any runs at home, but score much on the road?? I have one…
Go on...

Well…..we're waiting….
gigem1223
Roland *****t said:

I am absolutely loving this team. That stretch was brutal to go through, but, every team goes through that crap. I think we're lucky it happened when it did, rather than happening these last 19 games. I like the fight. I don't like the bullpen LOL but it is what it is. Hopefully, Scherzer is OK and we get Jung and Garcia back and get this thing rolling again into October.

The Garcia injury may actually be a blessing in disguise. He was struggling for awhile and it's given us new blood and energy with Carter.
Legal Custodian
AG
Scherzer said he needs an MRI to see what this is. He said he thinks it's related to his forearm tightness.
gigem1223
Legal Custodian said:

Scherzer said he needs an MRI to see what this is. He said he thinks it's related to his forearm tightness.

MFer that's HUGE. Let's hope Eovaldi comes on strong and the bats continue to ascend back to what they were doing in the 1st half.
Mr Gigem
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

agent-maroon said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go on...

Well…..we're waiting….

4.5 runs/game at home vs 6.8 runs/game on the road.
80 HR at home vs 118 HR on the road

They have figured something out. Once a cheater, you're always a cheater.
gigem1223
1 game back baws
dave94
AG
LFG
gigem1223
Need Montgomery to return to form tomorrow. Keep the pressure on.
gigem1223
Mr Gigem said:

PatriotAg02 said:

agent-maroon said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go on...

Well…..we're waiting….

Looks like they just get lazy at home to me. Damn that Dusty.
agent-maroon
AG
I'm down for yet another astro cheating scandal as much as anybody here, but why wouldn't they do the same at home? Too many eyes watching there or what?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Grapesoda2525
Nice to see the Astros laying some turds at home…..it's the icing on the damn cake after taking the first 2 in Toronto. This series has been amazing so far minus the Scherzer injury.
gigem1223
DeangeloVickers said:

Grossman, Leody and Carter stepping up has been huge this past week.
Mr Gigem
AG
That's the mystery
Tksymm7
AG
Wyatt Langford absolutely crushed his first AA home run tonight; 108 off the bat.

Also, shout out to Abimelec Ortiz for one of the few great seasons in the Rangers minor league system this year. He's currently sitting at 33 homers and 101 RBI's on the season, with a .990 OPS. He's still got work to do to decrease strikeouts and increase walks, but he's been fun to watch mash the baseball this year.
gigem1223
Crazy to think. But Langford could realistically be a starting outfielder for this team next year. Kid is just mashing at all levels.
Grapesoda2525
Carter might just be the tip of the iceberg. Langford is probably the true monster we have down on the farm.
WestTexasAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

PatriotAg02 said:

agent-maroon said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go on...

Well…..we're waiting….

You still didn't give us your theory though. How might they be cheating, and how would it be easier to do on the road??
Mr Gigem
AG
I've mentioned possible nefarious activity regarding pitch com devices recently
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

Not saying it's happening but it would explain our most recent series with them. It was like they knew what every pitch was going to be.
World's worst proofreader
vander54
S
So Scherzer is set to have a MRI.
World's worst proofreader
94chem
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Not saying it's happening but it would explain our most recent series with them. It was like they knew what every pitch was going to be.

If you take out their road games against Texas, their splits are almost even.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fc2112
What i don't understand is how pitchcom cold be more vulnerable at home. And what could the mode of transmission to the batter be?

After what happened in 2017, I doubt coaches and players would be willing to expose themselves again.
DallasAg 94
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

I mentioned this... in that 3 game series, Houston scored more Runs and hit more HRs than has ever been in a 3game series in MLB... EVER!

Let that sink in. All those great Offensive Yankee teams... all those Rangers pitching rotations... Even in the era of Tanking...

AND... a rotation that used: Heaney (4.10 ERA) - Eovaldi (2.90 ERA) - Scherzer (3.20 ERA)

Scherzer is a 16 yr veteran with a 3.15 Career ERA and 3 Cy Youngs.

And a lineup that saw guys like Altuve, Maldonado, and Dubon have multi-HR games and lead the team in HRs for the series. NOT their power guys.

From an earlier post with more statistics on the series:

Quote:

FWIU, according to MLB only Cs are allowed to wear the transmitter. You are allowed 3 players... specifically the 2B, SS, and CF usually, to wear receivers.

These three players would be allowed to wear the PitchCom receivers:
Quote:

Altuve, Maldonado, and Dubon come into the series with 28 combined HRs and in 3 games they hit 9 HRs?!
You could literally have your hitter receive the same pitch information from the Catcher, that the Pitcher is receiving. At the SAME TIME.
TexasAggiesWin
S
With the shenanigans the same players and team personnel have pulled in the past, I do not doubt they would do it again
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

What i don't understand is how pitchcom cold be more vulnerable at home. And what could the mode of transmission to the batter be?

After what happened in 2017, I doubt coaches and players would be willing to expose themselves again.
There is an audible notification on the receiver. I had posted where Hedges reprogrammed the devices I believe it was Cle last year. It was his voice that the P received. He also used the extra buttons to send voice messages as he described almost like a mound visit.

There are audio capture mics that could easily capture that.

If I were an opposing team, I'd be scanning Bluetooth signals during Astros ABs to see if there is anything there.

I would also reset my PitchCom devices every series before leaving for the next stop.
South Platte
FWIW, both Toronto and Seattle have tiebreaker edges over Houston. If we have a 3 way tie, or even a 4 way tie, who knows.
PatriotAg02
AG
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Thought the same.
94chem
Houston didn't score until 2 outs in the 5th inning of game 1. Hedges was our best pitcher for the series. IDK.

Maybe it all works out if that series caused Dusty to play Maldonado more.
94chem,
First Page Last Page
Page 564 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.