*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,224,694 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's like every mistake pitch just gets mashed. Even good pitches get smashed. That slider to Pena was a solid pitch and it almost left the yard.
AggieRob93
AG
So feeble.
Proposition Joe
Reid Ryan trying to frame the Rangers as "not caring about hurricane victims" pretty much sums up that franchise - willing to go to any depths for an advantage.

From the historical tankathon to game the draft system to the trash can debacle and everything in between. There is a reason that they get booed everywhere they got and it ain't because they are good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And then they shoved him out the door so the owner's kid could take his job. That was extreme bush league from Ryan.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
gigem1223
Nice response by Semien. Could really use his bat warming up.
PatriotAg02
AG
Seriously how are they hitting so many homers? You'd think they knew what was coming or something.
pimplepopper
AG
And now Adolis out with a pretty serious knee injury. Absolutely jinxed
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Wonderful. And why not JP Martinez?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Proposition Joe said:

Reid Ryan trying to frame the Rangers as "not caring about hurricane victims" pretty much sums up that franchise - willing to go to any depths for an advantage.

From the historical tankathon to game the draft system to the trash can debacle and everything in between. There is a reason that they get booed everywhere they got and it ain't because they are good.
Reid needs his ass beat, that is complete trash. Not to mention that their franchise cheats, and has been proven to cheat
gigem1223
Welp that doesn't help the cause. Sucks for Adolis. Initial look, probably the last we see of him this year. Could things go anymore wrong for this team?
gigem1223
With that injury, it may be Carter time whether he's ready or not.
AggieRob93
AG
Is Scherzer auditioning for the bullpen, or just not wanting to feel left out?
vette
AG
I just can't believe how bad this has gotten
AggieRob93
AG
No way this team even sniffs the playoffs, they are playing that bad, and have been for a month.
WestTexasAg
AG
This is shockingly bad. WOW.
bmac_aggie18
AG
It's gonna be okay boys, we got Weigman. At least there's football on 4 nights a week so I can tune this out
gigem1223
I'm convinced it's philosophy. We have to throw more offspeed than any staff (looking at you Maddux). They're so scared to throw consecutive fastballs over the plate and end up walking/ hanging one over the plate.
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

Welp that doesn't help the cause. Sucks for Adolis. Initial look, probably the last we see of him this year. Could things go anymore wrong for this team?

I missed the last half inning. What happened to Garcia, injured running to first? Knee buckle or something?
gigem1223
KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

I missed the last half inning. What happened to Garcia, injured running to first? Knee buckle or something?

Went to attempt a homerun robbery and landed awkwardly on his knee. Looked bad and by his reaction it didn't look minor.
alvtimes
KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

Jumped at the wall for HR…. very awkward jump/landing…. left game right after
SquirrellyDan
AG
Proposition Joe said:

They are pretty good.
WestTexasAg
AG
More bad baseball and more "that ball's hit well" from Dave Raymond as it falls 20' short of the warning track.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Team has given up, that is for sure
KT 90
AG
alvtimes said:

KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

Jumped at the wall for HR…. very awkward jump/landing…. left game right after

Here it is if anyone else missed it, just ran across it scrolling through Twitter:

gigem1223
Oh look another one. How many more can we get tonight?
ClassOf17
WestTexasAg said:

More bad baseball and more "that ball's hit well" from Dave Raymond as it falls 20' short of the warning track.

In his defense, everything hit decent looks like a shot off the bat from the press box.
94chem
I don't know about y'all, but I tend to be in a better temper when we just get bombed early and don't have to wait around for the bullpen to find a new and heart-rending type of suckage.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TexasAggiesWin
S
ClassOf17 said:

WestTexasAg said:

In his defense, everything hit decent looks like a shot off the bat from the press box.

50 games in at the ballpark this season, I don't give the benefit of the doubt
DallasAg 94
I CAN'T EVEN GET A FREAKING PIZZA!!!

i NEED 2 PIZZAS.

1 Pepperoni
1 Cheese

How do you get that wrong? TWICE!
94chem
PatriotAg02 said:

Seriously how are they hitting so many homers? You'd think they knew what was coming or something.

34 runs in 17 innings. It would be hard to do that off position players.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieRob93
AG
gigem1223 said:

I'm convinced it's philosophy. We have to throw more offspeed than any staff (looking at you Maddux). They're so scared to throw consecutive fastballs over the plate and end up walking/ hanging one over the plate.

It's not just pitching philosophy, though it is the most egregious. Goings on in the batters box haven't exactly helped during this extended swoon, and one has to wonder if there is any leadership at any level in the clubhouse.
gigem1223
Started with the bullpen and has now carried to the rotation. I love Maddux but he should fired for this implosion. It's not like he's working with spares here.
f burg ag
AG
94chem said:

PatriotAg02 said:

34 runs in 17 innings. It would be hard to do that off position players.
Wait, are we implying they are cheating 6 years after being caught for cheating?
DeangeloVickers
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 547 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.