*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,216,583 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DannyDuberstein said:

Doubtful, but far crazier **** has happened. It's a weird game
That's how everyone felt when I declared the BoSox done and missing the playoffs in 2012.

Stay the course...
DallasAg 94
Anyone who thinks we'll finish at/below .500 here is some perspective.

We are 4-14 (22%) in our last 18. To reach .500, we'd have to go 5-19 (21%).
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!

Only we've been saying this for two weeks..

And I already decided not to watch anymore games..

Sure, there's always hope! Hahaha
DeangeloVickers
AG
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!

I'm still in. As bad as we have played lately, we are still right there and after a win tonight we will be one game out of first. I'm always optimistic, but somebody (or two) is going start pitching better out of the pen. Even a meh bullpen performance the past few weeks would still have us in first place. But it's been horrid lately.

Hell, I grew up in metroplex suburbs, I've seen/watched plenty of bad baseball when we pretty much knew before the season started it wasn't going to end well. Even if things don't work out this year, we are in a good spot next year after we spend the off-season upgrading the bullpen. Plus we should get deGrom back around the All-Star break next year.

Proposition Joe
Reality is we're seeing what better rosters produce. It's why we were picked 3rd (4th?) in the division preseason, and why fangraphs still didn't have us as division favorites in July.

We had a bunch of guys that were eventually going to turn back into pumpkins.

The bright side? Over 24 games anything can happen. The offense has been putting up some runs, the bullpen statistically has to be at least a little bit better, and while none of them are aces you still have a chance at a solid outing every time Scherzer, Montgomery, Gray and Eovaldi (if he's healthy) take the mound.

Win tonight and we're 1 game back with Oakland coming to town for 3. Not dead yet.
JWinTX
DallasAg 94 said:

Anyone who thinks we'll finish at/below .500 here is some perspective.

We are 4-14 (22%) in our last 18. To reach .500, we'd have to go 5-19 (21%).
If we don't finish with 81 wins, that would have to be the worst finish of all-time, correct? I mean, going 8-34 to finish a season at 80-82 would have to be the biggest collapse ever...which would be the most Ranger thing ever, a perfect way to let all other fans know that this is the true cursed franchise in MLB history.
South Platte
JWinTX said:

this is the true cursed franchise in MLB history.
Can you stop saying this over and over?
DallasAg 94
I'm not saying we win the Division by double digits, but we WILL win...

Standings Update with 24... twenty-four games remaining:
ALWest:
Houston
Seattle: 1GB
Texas: 2GB

WC:
Tampa: WC1
Seattle: WC2
Toronto: WC3
Texas: 0.5 GB
fc2112
Reminder that Austin Hedges is probably not available out of the bullpen tonight due to working two days in a row. Not sure who next position player pitcher is.
Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Reminder that Austin Hedges is probably not available out of the bullpen tonight due to working two days in a row. Not sure who next position player pitcher is.

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.... I would volunteer Brad Miller, but I believe he is still rehabbing whatever the injury is that he supposedly has. How about Grossman, he sucks at defense anyway, I think he would be a good next-man-on-deck so to speak.

KT 90
AG
And Bally needs to put Hedges on the bullpen tracker chart that they put up during games. The one that shows all of the bullpen and when they last pitched and the number of pitches. I think Hedges has at least earned a spot on there for a day to two.

DallasAg 94
Grew up getting bullied most of my life. I had been pushed around enough in HS that I had decided I may take my ass whoppings, but I was never going to give the other person the satisfaction of thinking they beat me.

DallasAg 94
Thank you Oakland... you can now resume sucking.

With Oakland victory over Toronto today, our Rangers are currently in the WC3 spot by virtue of the 2-1 record the Rangers hold over the Jays.

IT IS HAPPENING!
DallasAg 94

South Platte
Three weeks ago we were sitting 24 games over .500. What the flip is going on. For the love of God guys, win a freaking baseball game. Enough of this garbage.
JWinTX
South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

this is the true cursed franchise in MLB history.
Can you stop saying this over and over?

Nope
gigem1223
It's so weird how you only show up in this thread after a loss or when this team is struggling. I'm sure when they make the playoffs you'll be nowhere to be found until they lose a game or when they are eliminated.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Time to turn it around tonight! LFG (even though I'm drinking water/beer/whatever like that GIF above)
JWinTX
gigem1223 said:

It's so weird how you only show up in this thread after a loss or when this team is struggling. I'm sure when they make the playoffs you'll be nowhere to be found until they lose a game or when they are eliminated.

You've already proven in these threads that you're done with the Rangers. You've said it in previous posts. Talk about negativity.
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

You've already proven in these threads that you're done with the Rangers. You've said it in previous posts. Talk about negativity.

It's a message board. If you've been around for the last 10 or so years you know I'm never done with the Rangers. I'm here damn near every day, win or lose. This thread I has been more of an emotional support group for the anguish and misery this franchise has put each us through for the last decade. Sorry if I've become suspicious of a poster that shows up this year just to **** on the franchise whenever things are not going their way.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Grapesoda2525
We need 2-2 against the jays up in Toronto or better. Tie breakers could be a huge deal with how razor tight everything is. We are 5-1 with Seattle so should get that tie breaker if we are playing decent ball.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
A win tonight would be a big boost for the playoff odds.
DallasAg 94
Driving
Radio made coy reference to Smith at 3b saying more comments will be made during game

Unless paternity leave... nothing I imagine positive.
JWinTX
gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

It's a message board. If you've been around for the last 10 or so years you know I'm never done with the Rangers. I'm here damn near every day, win or lose. This thread I has been more of an emotional support group for the anguish and misery this franchise has put each us through for the last decade. Sorry if I've become suspicious of a poster that shows up this year just to **** on the franchise whenever things are not going their way.

I've followed the Rangers for 45 years. I can be as negative or as positive as I want to be. And I truly don't give two shats if that bothers you or makes you suspicious.
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

I've followed the Rangers for 45 years. I can be as negative or as positive as I want to be. And I truly don't give two shats if that bothers you or makes you suspicious.

You have every right to. But don't get defensive when you get called out for your constant Debbie downer posting.
gigem1223
Back to baseball. This kind of game is why we traded for Max. Need him to shove tonight and be the stopper he is. Win tonight and on to the slump busting A's.
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

I've home officed for 20+ years and my wife can only handle so much baseball.

This is my work "water cooler" and coffee bar.

Don't you mean tequila bar?
MrCoachEricTaylor
gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

You have every right to. But don't get defensive when you get called out for your constant Debbie downer posting.

Save the hate for the stros!
gigem1223
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

Never thought I could hate a fan base more than horn or Philly but the Astros have officially surpassed that. I had to sit by several last night. They were as classy as you could imagine. Even walking back to the truck I had the pleasure of a group of them cussing at me and my 7 year old. So weird how you could only find a handful of them in the old ballpark for Astros/ Rangers games. Now it's damn near 50%.
MrCoachEricTaylor
gigem1223 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

JWinTX said:

gigem1223 said:

Never thought I could hate a fan base more than horn or Philly but the Astros have officially surpassed that. I had to sit by several last night. They were as classy as you could imagine. Even walking back to the truck I had the pleasure of a group of them cussing at me and my 7 year old. So weird how you could only find a handful of them in the old ballpark for Astros/ Rangers games. Now it's damn near 50%.

That's a damn shame, I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that with your kid..
vander54
S
Seriously. How come we all the sudden are giving up a ton of long balls?
World's worst proofreader
First Page Last Page
Page 546 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.