*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,207,795 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proposition Joe
The crazy thing is by end of the year we'll probably end up with the type record we should have had going into this season -- we just happened to play way above our heads in Apr-Jun and then way below them in Jul-Aug.

Not dead yet, but gotta find a hot streak to close out the year.
aggietony2010
AG
Almost finished my list. What a few weeks!

FriscoKid
AG
That's funny right there.
Grapesoda2525
Only bad part of that list is the Astros wouldn't take Jung because they have Bregman. They wouldn't ditch Bregman after all he's done for the team.

The Bautista part did make me laugh tho.
Grapesoda2525
20 hits… 6 home runs… 40 total bases.

Make it stop make it stop!
Grapesoda2525
Would Oakland winning tonight lift any spirits around here?
AustinCountyAg
bert harbinson said:

Gotta be vibrating anal beads
I literally just lol'd, and I'm an Astros fan. That's a good one.

For all that is good I hope y'all can turn it around and we get an Astros/Rangers postseason matchup.
aggietony2010
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Not really. I'd have to update my list to uncheck "lose WC3"
Grapesoda2525
AustinCountyAg said:

bert harbinson said:

For all that is good I hope y'all can turn it around and we get an Astros/Rangers postseason matchup.
I'd love a rangers vs Astros ALCS, but I have no earthly idea wtf I am seeing out there.

As far as slumps go, this one feels comparable to that hurricane that totally destroyed Galveston in 1900. In the first half of the season, we were drawing comparisons to the 1927 Yankees, but now we look like a team full of bed wetters, cry babies, and pants poopers.

Never seen such a dramatic turn happen in less than one season. Never seen a slump this bad.

I don't know how to describe it. It's almost like one of our players got the "suck" infection and it just kept spreading throughout the whole team. Combine that with the injuries and you get an epically frustrating cocktail of failure.
aggietony2010
AG
Since I'm in criticize the roster moves mode...

Now that it's clear the locker room has fallen apart, and this team is in shambles.

Why the **** haven't we cut "locker room glue" Brad Miller?
PatriotAg02
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Almost finished my list. What a few weeks!

If the last one ever happens, Lord help us all
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

bert harbinson said:

I'd love a rangers vs Astros ALCS, but I have no earthly idea wtf I am seeing out there.

As far as slumps go, this one feels comparable to that hurricane that totally destroyed Galveston in 1900. In the first half of the season, we were drawing comparisons to the 1927 Yankees, but now we look like a team full of bed wetters, cry babies, and pants poopers.

Never seen such a dramatic turn happen in less than one season. Never seen a slump this bad.

I don't know how to describe it. It's almost like one of our players got the "suck" infection and it just kept spreading throughout the whole team. Combine that with the injuries and you get an epically frustrating cocktail of failure.

What a wonderful post.

I mean, it sucks, but you describe it really well.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Since I'm in criticize the roster moves mode...

Now that it's clear the locker room has fallen apart, and this team is in shambles.

Why the **** haven't we cut "locker room glue" Brad Miller?

Now why would you do that when you can DFA Glenn Otto instead?

Someone kill me.

And by the way, I forgot he was still on the roster. Is he not on the IL? Please tell me he is. He has to be. I know he is.
South Platte
Grapesoda2525 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

bert harbinson said:

It happens.

2010 Rockies
2021 Padres

Got to hang in there and play it out. This is where veteran leadership must take over and right the ship.
gigem1223
This team is charmin soft
aggietony2010
AG
He's on the IL-10, so occupying a spot on the 40. Went on there on August 2nd.

Good news though, he's on rehab assignment.
Grapesoda2525
aggietony2010 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Not really. I'd have to update my list to uncheck "lose WC3"
Don't worry about it. Jays are crushing the A's
JWinTX
I truly believe finishing .500 will be quite a feat with the way the pitching and timely hitting has evaporated. Yes, we have series against Oakland and at LAA. But everyone else is against someone playing for their playoff lives. No way we beat Houston tomorrow, and the road trip to Toronto and Cleveland looks extremely rough. Come home for Boston and Seattle, before finishing at LAA and the final four at Seattle.
Grapesoda2525
Hopefully somehow pull it out tomorrow. Beat up on Oakland to get confidence back / stop the bleeding. Split with toronto and we would still be in the thick of it until the end probably.
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

Hopefully somehow pull it out tomorrow. Beat up on Oakland to get confidence back / stop the bleeding. Split with toronto and we would still be in the thick of it until the end probably.
Grapesoda is the optimistic voice amongst us. Let that sink in.
bmac_aggie18
AG
fc2112 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LincolnBorglum79
AG
I would strongly consider saving Sherzer to start the Oakland series and try for a sweep of the As while Seattle is at Tampa for 4 games. The focus needs to shift to battling Seattle and Toronto for one of the 2 wild card spots. A best of 3 wildcard series at Tampa or Minnesota is winnable though not preferred. Finishing with the 2nd wildcard going to Tampa then Baltimore is the best option. Plenty of games to beat out seattle directly that final week.

I admit I'm a lifelong Astros fan but would love to see an all Texas ALCS. Maybe Max can stop the onslaught but 27 runs in 18 innings isn't encouraging. But Oakland has only scored 28 runs in 10 games vs Texas this year.
DallasAg 94
The 2012 BoSox went 7-20 in September to finish 90-72.

They were 83-52 finishing August up 1.5Games in the Division.

We were 75-58 finishing August, in 3rd 1GB. WE are 1-4 in September, so we just need to go better than 6-16 in September.

The reason I remember this is because I called their collapse.
Jimtim1216
S
LincolnBorglum79 said:

I would strongly consider saving Sherzer to start the Oakland series and try for a sweep of the As while Seattle is at Tampa for 4 games. The focus needs to shift to battling Seattle and Toronto for one of the 2 wild card spots. A best of 3 wildcard series at Tampa or Minnesota is winnable though not preferred. Finishing with the 2nd wildcard going to Tampa then Baltimore is the best option. Plenty of games to beat out seattle directly that final week.

I admit I'm a lifelong Astros fan but would love to see an all Texas ALCS. Maybe Max can stop the onslaught but 27 runs in 18 innings isn't encouraging. But Oakland has only scored 28 runs in 10 games vs Texas this year.

I agree with this statement. Figured the start last night was going to be bad as it's the first game action in 6+ weeks. If you aren't going to give Nate a rehab start then this is what happens.

PatriotAg02
AG
fc2112 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte
DallasAg 94 said:

We were 75-58 finishing August, in 3rd 1GB. WE are 1-4 in September, so we just need to go better than 6-16 in September.

San Diego really surprises me. They collapsed in 2021, made the NLCS in 2022, and underachieved big time in 2023. They are packed with leaders and veterans with post-season experience. Some sort of undiagnosed disease.
DallasAg 94
South Platte said:

DallasAg 94 said:

San Diego really surprises me. They collapsed in 2021, made the NLCS in 2022, and underachieved big time in 2023. They are packed with leaders and veterans with post-season experience. Some sort of undiagnosed disease.
Prelleritis.

The guy tinkers too much. Acts like many of the posters on here.

"We need to bring up someone and make an example out of our BP."
"I don't care we we get rid of. Get rid of all of them."

"Why'd we get rid of that guy?"

"I guess there is a reason that guy was still in the minors."
South Platte
Unless something drastic changes, this season's ending appears to be written. We weren't built for a deep post-season run after all. We aren't far off.

But it's really important for CY and Bochy to watch who handles these next few weeks the right way. Who can we rely on to play good baseball during down periods, and who withdraws under pressure. Who's the locker room leader? Don't say Brad Miller - maybe he's a Kevin Millar kind of guy, and that's fine, we need that type of player. The Astros have several, the Red Sox and Dodgers had several during their WS runs.

After Houston's disappointing 2016 season, they added Beltran and McCann, then Verlander late. All proven leaders that made a difference in 2017.
DallasAg 94
I STILL BELIEVE WE WILL WIN THE DIVISION!
beagle2009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Bless your heart.
Tksymm7
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

My brother in Christ.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Doubtful, but far crazier **** has happened. It's a weird game
DallasAg 94
beagle2009 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Bless your heart.
Ima put you as "Tentative" for my "2023 Texas Rangers Triumphant TexAgs Tequila World Series victory celebration party."
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

My brother in Christ.
We're doing it.
First Page Last Page
Page 545 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.