*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,226,847 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seager knock here could get us right back in this
gigem1223
They punish hangers, we foul them off
DeangeloVickers
AG
14 Homers in 3 games.
gigem1223
Quick hook for LeClerc at only 6 pitches
Proposition Joe
Hedges went the last two nights, we sure he can go again?
gigem1223
Smith sucks at the plate but he's a helluva glove at 3rd
Tksymm7
AG
This team needs more roster turnover, which is shocking.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

Hedges went the last two nights, we sure he can go again?

Is Miller still on the IL? Can't believe we're wasting a spot on the 40 for a locker room cheerleader in a locker room that is clearly lost.
The Brazos Kid
gigem1223 said:

Smith sucks at the plate but he's a helluva glove at 3rd

Wanna repeat that line?
Legal Custodian
AG
Astros fans need validation so bad they have three threads on premium. Probably hoping we ***** and moan about it on this thread.
South Platte
It's like a funeral in here tonight.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Legal Custodian
AG
Nevermind
TexasAggiesWin
S
Legal Custodian
AG

My bad, noticed that after I posted
Legal Custodian
AG
But to be fair I'm not *****ing about it. Just pointing out the obvious fact Astro fans need validation above all else
PatriotAg02
AG
I'm convinced someone sabotaged the locker room. Nothing else makes sense they aren't this bad. Same players completely different than they were. Hopefully we'll get the whole story at some point.
South Platte
Legal Custodian said:

But to be fair I'm not *****ing about it. Just pointing out the obvious fact Astro fans need validation above all else

To some people rubbing it in just makes them feel great. I goof around on the trash talk thread but keep it light. Their baseball team has given them the ability to run their mouth with no limit and they are taking advantage of it.

When you destroy your instate arch-rival in their own building, fans are going to let you hear about it. This series is going to be remembered for years to come.
WestTexasAg
AG
Any word on how Jung is progressing? Any shot he is back in a week or two?
WestTexasAg
AG
Just as Dave brags on how the bullpen only allowed one run tonight Burke gets lit up.....right on cue.
gigem1223
WestTexasAg said:

Last I heard was he's still a couple weeks away. With Garcia's injury, the middle of this line up is terrible. So we definitely need him back asap. Not sure where we go from here. Seems to be no end in sight to this downward spiral.
WestTexasAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

WestTexasAg said:

Last I heard was he's still a couple weeks away. With Garcia's injury, the middle of this line up is terrible. So we definitely need him back asap. Not sure where we go from here. Seems to be no end in sight to this downward spiral.
Found this:

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news/texas-rangers-josh-jung-wears-glove-injury-rehab-update-timeline
South Platte
At this point CY needs to be careful with eovaldi, Garcia, Jung, and anybody else who is hurt. We can't shut them down for the season just yet, but another week of losing games and it would be best to avoid re-injury and get them ready for next season.
gigem1223
I just can't understand how we go from being a really good team to historically bad. It hasn't been just this series either. Are we doing something to tip pitches? It just doesn't add up. There are too many good pitchers on this team to just all turn terrible almost overnight. Ragans success doesn't make me feel any better either.
Proposition Joe
South Platte said:

Legal Custodian said:

To some people rubbing it in just makes them feel great. I goof around on the trash talk thread but keep it light. Their baseball team has given them the ability to run their mouth with no limit and they are taking advantage of it.

When you destroy your instate arch-rival in their own building, fans are going to let you hear about it. This series is going to be remembered for years to come.

I think for the most part we're all fine with ****-talking, it's part of sports. I think they are a fair-weather fan base that was perfectly fine letting their owners close the doors for years. They've got an enormous city-envy chip on their shoulders due to decades of the media slobbering over the Cowboys and when they finally break through and do something significant, it winds up in scandal.

Had their fan base owned it and said "don't care, got trophy" that would have done them wonders - but they desperately need validation which is why they are so easy to laugh at.

I think ****-talking is what makes sports great, yet due to the needed validation it's never enough... we have specific threads for "rivalry" talk, as well as separate threads for each fanbase and at least once a week since we've been struggling a poster has "accidentally" posted here. They get away with it every time, because... well we all know why.

What they don't realize is it so perfectly fits their fanbase. Desperately needing validation. The Oilers leaving and the Cowboys winning Super Bowls absolutely broke that city's fandom.
Proposition Joe
gigem1223 said:

I just can't understand how we go from being a really good team to historically bad. It hasn't been just this series either. Are we doing something to tip pitches? It just doesn't add up. There are too many good pitchers on this team to just all turn terrible almost overnight. Ragans success doesn't make me feel any better either.

Played well above our heads for 3 months, playing well below it now.

And I think ultimately a lot of guys are a bit more beat up than they have let on.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

gigem1223 said:

And I think ultimately a lot of guys are a bit more beat up than they have let on.

I get we had several guys having career years but we also have several guys with skins on the wall that are now out there throwing BP. It doesn't add up.
PatriotAg02
AG
gigem1223 said:

Proposition Joe said:

gigem1223 said:

I get we had several guys having career years but we also have several guys with skins on the wall that are now out there throwing BP. It doesn't add up.

Yeah at this point it's pretty obvious there's more going on than just a team funk. There's a reason that we aren't seeing.
gigem1223
Agreed. Something our catchers are doing or defense? I don't know but they need to address and look into everything. It just doesn't make sense for every single pitcher to blow up almost over night.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
There is not one guy in the bullpen or a coach in the dugout that I care about seeing on the Rangers next year.
South Platte
I hope our franchise never forgets this series.
WestTexasAg
AG
South Platte said:

I hope our franchise never forgets this series.
I plan to forget it immediately.
94chem
When I was a little boy, my dad took us on vacation to Florida, and we visited Kennedy Space Center. Dad at some point mentioned that Houston also had a space center, but it wasn't much to see. It was only years later that I learned about the moon mission being controlled from Houston, and that JSC is pretty cool. Houston just has a massive inferiority complex. People just don't care about it. Dallas had to deal with "you killed JFK" for decades; I guess that's finally over. Maybe JR Ewing and the Cowboys helped with that. IDK. What do I know? I'm 4th generation Fort Worth.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
I have to believe there is something going on with the PitchCom system.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2416761

I'd be interested in several different aspects.

If the catcher is calling the pitches, like a PIN number, a lazy catcher could be easier to steal signs than if he were putting fingers down.

The players (P, 2B, SS, CF) are receiving the Ps simultaneously. Years ago, A-Rod was found tipping pitches when he'd get the sign and move. Simple AI could be used to track the motions and draw a correlation.

Could be the audio being received is getting captured.

The transmission is encrypted Bluetooth... not necessarily as secure as they may project.

Simple.

You just can't have every single pitcher at this level deteriorate simultaneously this bad.

Hedges came over Aug 1 and 2 weeks later we don't have a single pitcher that can get outs. Did we make some changes? Have we just become predictable?!

ERA Last 15 Days:
1.50 Will Smith
3.52 Stratton
3.77 Heaney
4.50 Perez
4.91 Gray
5.06 Leclerc
5.06 Scherzer
7.71 Chapman
9.00 Montgomery
10.80 Dunning
12.00 Burke

6.84 Team ERA

Pre ASB our rotation was Top 3 in ERA. Now, we're the worst.
Legal Custodian
AG
Just can't help themselves
First Page Last Page
Page 548 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.