*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,229,046 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[This is your last temporary ban and if you post on this thread again you will be banned until the end of baseball season. -Staff]
gigem1223
Yet here you are, on a rangers thread….seeking validation. Derp
bmac_aggie18
AG
gigem1223 said:

Yet here you are, on a rangers thread….seeking validation. Derp

He's an F16er, I'm sure he'll move back over where he belongs
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

Reid Ryan trying to frame the Rangers as "not caring about hurricane victims" pretty much sums up that franchise - willing to go to any depths for an advantage.

From the historical tankathon to game the draft system to the trash can debacle and everything in between. There is a reason that they get booed everywhere they got and it ain't because they are good.
I hope the guy breaks his leg or suffers something really painful.

What kind of asshat tries to use a natural disaster to get leverage over someone else and then makes them look bad when their effort fails?
Grapesoda2525
Dunning has allowed 19 earned runs in his last 18 innings, spanning 4 starts. He is absolutely not the answer for the rotation at the moment. It almost seems like he's hit the wall. He doesn't even resemble the excellent pitcher he was through the end of July.

Leody went from over .300 before ASB to hitting under .250

Just seems like there's a curse on the team and everything suffered a MASSIVE drop off all at the SAME TIME.
Grapesoda2525

Prospects we traded tearing it up in the minors and in the majors.

God hates this team. Nothing is going right at all.
alvtimes
Astros already cheated once and MLB gave the owner a pass…. will MLB spill the beans if they are again???
Grapesoda2525
I don't care what he says, Scherzer is hurt.

Eovaldi is still hurt and should not have pitched the rest of this year.

Heim isn't the same and probably shouldn't have come back.

Dunning hit a wall like he's hurt or reached his limit this season for innings, like he's worn completely out. These guys don't just end up this bad collectively without something being wrong with them individually
Grapesoda2525
I almost feel like if you gave one of those Astro idiots on the other thread "ultimate power" and they could script a collapse for this team that even they couldn't come up with something worse than what we are actually seeing play out.
Grapesoda2525
Astros also seem to be benefiting from "Philadelphia eagles" luck this year as well. Cowboy fans will know what I mean by that. Philly had the easiest schedule and set of circumstances on their way to the Super Bowl last season. Topped off by facing an opponent in the NFC title game who couldn't throw a forward pass.

When we played padres. We got musgrove, Darvish, and snell. They were treating it like a playoff series out there and they took it to us.

When Astros play the padres. No musgrove, no Darvish, and maybe snell. Their lineup has had recent injuries.

When we played Yankees. We got Gerritt Cole and lost to him both times. Astros didn't get Cole either time.

When we played rays. We got mcclanahan both times.

They got to play Guardians twice pre-angels dump. We still have a series left with them.

We got Zac Gallen twice over 2 separate 2 game series for the diamondbacks. Astros probably won't face him because he will be lined up to start the playoffs or a possible wildcard series.
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525
Seriously wtf……they made an extra thread on the baseball forum, blew up the trash talk thread, and created 3 more on premium.

How much more space does these guys need?
Proposition Joe
Mr Gigem said:

Staff- why don't you go ahead and ban Phillip J Fry and BadAggie through Game 7 of the World Series. That's November 4.

You've come on here and moderated several times and made warnings about the rules you've set, and they clearly don't care. It's time to take out the trash

Nah, they'll get a pass because it's an "accident" and your post will just be removed even though it's not part of the problem.

But try putting a smiley face emoji on the Astros thread after their playoff exit and you'll likely be banned a month.
gigem1223
Such a classless fanbase and it's not limited to this board. I've been to 2 games now against the Stros this year and they're the exact same in person. Embarrassing that several are Ags.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
[Stay off of this thread when your temporary ban is over. We can see the edits that are made by users and you saw the warning at the top of the page and have already had a post removed. -Staff]
Mr Gigem
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
AggieRob93
AG
This series was an opportunity for the Rangers to show up and play for a chance at the division. They folded like a weak minded and poorly coached team and were absolutely dominated, and as a fan, it's embarrassing.

What a failure.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They remind me of baylor fans when baylor finally had some success with Briles. To anyone who is deluded into thinking Aggies can't be just as big of idiots as any other fanbase, I give you exhibit A - the houston aggie.
South Platte
Mr Gigem said:

Staff- why don't you go ahead and ban Phillip J Fry and BadAggie through Game 7 of the World Series. That's November 4.

You've come on here and moderated several times and made warnings about the rules you've set, and they clearly don't care. It's time to take out the trash
You were quiet last night, I'm just glad you weren't arrested, or worse. Or maybe you just made bail a couple of hours ago.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Well Jordan Lawlar is going to the bigs, taken 4 spots after Leiter in 2021. Local kid from Dallas Jesuit
MrCoachEricTaylor
bmac_aggie18 said:

Well Jordan Lawlar is going to the bigs, taken 4 spots after Leiter in 2021. Local kid from Dallas Jesuit

I wanted us to draft him so bad!
hawk1689
AG
Ugh. Just piling on after the last series. What's next? Thomas Saggese to the all star team?
bmac_aggie18
AG
Yep same, Dbacks are set for awhile with him and Carroll. Wish we could develop like that lol but at least we got Langford and Carter
Chipotlemonger
AG
Unbelievable, frankly, how poorly this team did this series. I hope that this last month or so is a kick in the ass to these guys that they remember for future seasons.
MrCoachEricTaylor
bmac_aggie18 said:

Yep same, Dbacks are set for awhile with him and Carroll. Wish we could develop like that lol but at least we got Langford and Carter

I am super pumped for Langford, arguably more excited about him than Carter
Chipotlemonger
AG
Also, count me as not surprised about the continued…moderation
PatriotAg02
AG
I'm just waiting on the Paul Harvey "rest of the story". Should be good.
bmac_aggie18
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

bmac_aggie18 said:

I am super pumped for Langford, arguably more excited about him than Carter

Absolutely! With Carter's lack of power, think he's just going to be a Taveras with a better average, but this lineup can definitely use a high contact hitter
PatAg
AG
Sweep would feel worse if it had come out of nowhere, but we've been struggling for a while now unfortunately.
South Platte

I don't think I could feel any worse. I've been violently pissed at this franchise for their performance over the past 6 seasons coming into 2023 and posted my rants throughout last season. I bought in this season after they landed Bochy and Maddux, then played great baseball through nearly 5 months.

That was quite literally the most lopsided series in the history of MLB. I feel like I have a bullet wound. It looks like nearly all of our 40-man roster has given up, which is astounding that grown men that get to earn generational wealth to play a kid's game would collectively quit when a season gets tough. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know what else to call the past 3 days.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's a feedback loop at this point. I don't think they've quit but confidence is shot and I don't know how they get out of this death spiral.
bmac_aggie18
AG
We desperately need a Adrian Beltre, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli type emotional leader to come through about asap
AggieRob93
AG
Well said SP, was about to say something similar.

A sweep is one thing, and how this team has been playing over the past 30+ days, is not a surprise.
The nature of this sweep, though, shows complete capitulation and a lack of will/desire/fight. The team literally laid down based on their performances, and it starts at the top.

I like Bruce Bochy, he seems pretty even-keeled and understands based on his history as a player and a manager it is a long-game scenario. But the way this team has regressed since early August, with the play worsening as each series comes and goes, is striking, and even though Bochy has the WS skins to show his ability as a manager, so too does his .500 career record.

This team is probably where it should be based on where they have been the past 6 seasons. Better, but still a ways to go to win the division. The first two months were great but not realistic, and I believe the same over this last month, horrible but not realistic. The law of averages has appeared with a vengeance.

Let's hope CY and other front office movers and shakers have an attainable vision and plan to get this franchise over the top.
Proposition Joe
bmac_aggie18 said:

We desperately need a Adrian Beltre, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli type emotional leader to come through about asap

One of these things is not like the other.
First Page Last Page
Page 549 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.