*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,376,323 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
PatriotAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Is there a worse fandom combo than A&M-Rangers? Good Lord, talk about misery.

I had the A&M/Rangers/Oilers trifecta when I was younger. Could be worse???
Grapesoda2525
If you asked me a week and half ago, I would've been pissed if someone were to tell me that we would get anything lower than the division and the #2 seed. Now? I just want us to make the playoffs in any capacity. I just don't want to be that first team on the outside looking in.

Not making the playoffs at all after having 6 all stars at the all star game and after improving the most at the trade deadline would be a massive kick to the balls.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
gigem1223 said:

Several batters hit the ball really well last night. I think we're close to turning this around. We don't need 5+ runs every night to win with this staff.

Last night was comical with how each team fared. Rangers destroyed the ball straight at guys and were outs, Diamondbacks dinked and doinked their way to runs. Hopefully some of those hard hit balls start finding holes.
Grapesoda2525
No rest for the weary……

Twinkies starter and ace Pablo Lopez has only given up 1 earned run all month long.
DallasAg 94
In fairness, the Yankees had a team meeting after the game on the 18th, and all they've done is lose the next 3 and their losing streak sits at 9.

But, yes... somebody needs to take the conch.
_lefraud_
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Is there a worse fandom combo than A&M-Rangers? Good Lord, talk about misery.

I had the A&M/Rangers/Oilers trifecta when I was younger. Could be worse???
#MeToo
Tksymm7
AG
Round Rock has won 13 straight…so that's fun.
AgBQ-00
AG
Feels like we ran out of gas.
Hungry Ojos
This is where I am too. I don't see any reason to be optimistic going forward. I think most of our marginal players happened to be playing out of their minds the first half of the season, but reality is now setting in. Houston and Seattle are both more talented teams if we're being honest.
gigem1223
Hungry Ojos said:

This is where I am too. I don't see any reason to be optimistic going forward. I think most of our marginal players happened to be playing out of their minds the first half of the season, but reality is now setting in. Houston and Seattle are both more talented teams if we're being honest.

Completely disagree. Way too much overreaction going on in this thread lately. Our rotation and line up can match anyone's. The bats are just cold. It's baseball, it happens to every team. They'll bounce back. Was it not reality when this team won 8 in a row and 10/13 a just a few weeks ago?

Legal Custodian
AG
It's quite amazing to have 16 baserunners last night and only get across 3 runs. Hell guys, 6 days ago we had won 9 out of 10.

The reality is that in the first half of the season we were consistently winning 2 out of every 3 games. The second half has been feast or famine. We were just feasting and now we are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

We're lucky the Astros and Seattle never took advantage from the Allstar break on.

And it's quite amazing how we don't have a 9th inning comeback all year while it seems like the Astros have had like 5 this month alone.
DallasAg 94
Baseball has a way of humbling even the most arrogant. It is why bat-flips were never done.

I'd rather slump in August than September. We're going to see "The Big Mo" in September and it will carry us into October and into the Playoffs.

Now is not the time to lose faith. Trust the Process... I once heard.
Baby Billy
AG
I think this team will bounce back and start playing good baseball again, but we have an uphill battle with our schedule and the two teams nipping at our heels. I don't think holding off both of them is likely, which leaves us trying to snag a WC spot by holding off Boston and Toronto. We have games left against all of them which could be good…..or it could be bad.
Jimtim1216
S
One positive could be that Heaney goes to the pen and does remarkable well and makes himself a late innings guy. He has the fast ball to do it.
Baby Billy
AG
I think it's safe to say that the 9-game home stand coming up next week with the Twins, Astros, and A's will likely make or break us. Have to go 7-2 at a minimum.
beagle2009
AG
Definitely a massive stretch and 7-2 would be incredible, but I think we're still right in the thick of things even if we go 5-4. The final two series against the Mariners could end up being more decisive.
Baby Billy
AG
At 5-4 I think it 2 of those have to be against the astros. You have to sweep Oakland at home.
Mr Gigem
AG
There are therapy dogs here at the ballpark today. I think it's exactly what we needed to turn this thing around
Mr Gigem
AG
Need to win 33 of the remaining 35 to get to 105 wins and get those playoff tickets
DallasAg 94
Daveintx
White Sox showing at least a little bit of fight today.........
DallasAg 94
Daveintx said:

White Sox showing at least a little bit of fight today.........
Elvis could do his old team a solid, right about now.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Mr Gigem said:

There are therapy dogs here at the ballpark today. I think it's exactly what we needed to turn this thing around
Daveintx
Gladly take that .5 game increase the Sox just provided
MrCoachEricTaylor
Wouldn't it be exactly like it's been all season for Chris Sale to shut down the Astros tonight to preserve our lead another day, even with all the Astro fans expecting it to be tied up after tonight? Lol
DallasAg 94
Daveintx said:

Gladly take that .5 game increase the Sox just provided
And THAT begins the Mariners scuttle...
bmac_aggie18
AG
Hopefully the Red Sox can pull this one out
Coppell97
AG
Duvall 3R HR
CampingAg
AG
I didn't realize until tonight that the White Sox actually came back and won.
Danny Vermin

AggieRob93
AG
Coppell97 said:

Duvall 3R HR

When did Will Smith get traded to Houston?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Don't look now. Stros gonna pull it out. Fuggin *******s.
Coppell97
AG
Yes. Getting dicey.
PatriotAg02
AG
Fully expect it.
Coppell97
AG
Red Sox win
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.