*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,376,314 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol of course that ball is a few inches short of being out. Can't help but laugh.
Proposition Joe
CJ really is pushing his new homerun call.
Mr Gigem
AG
That's gone in most other parks
gigem1223
Gallen has a damn horseshoe up his ass tonight
bmac_aggie18
AG
These bloopers are comical at this point
gigem1223
Welp. Turning it off. Hopefully it brings them some luck and they come back from this *****
South Platte
Man, there's some salt in the air on this board tonight.

This is what baseball is. It's why we still watch after all these years. The love and hate. If we lose the division lead, who cares. We'll keep playing. Tampa lost the lead but has started to get going again. Arizona was 16 over .500 and went on a massive 7-25 skid. 2017 dodgers had an 11 game losing streak.

Get into the playoffs and figure it out later. Playoff seeding is absolutely meaningless. We aren't going to fall apart.
CampingAg
AG
Grant Anderson might as well start every count 2-0.
Tksymm7
AG
Absolutely some truth to this. Just get hot at the end of September, get in and go on a run; but it does suck to be staring down the barrel of losing the division lead when you've led it all season.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

Man, there's some salt in the air on this board tonight.

This is what baseball is. It's why we still watch after all these years. The love and hate. If we lose the division lead, who cares. We'll keep playing. Tampa lost the lead but has started to get going again. Arizona was 16 over .500 and went on a massive 7-25 skid. 2017 dodgers had an 11 game losing streak.

Get into the playoffs and figure it out later. Playoff seeding is absolutely meaningless. We aren't going to fall apart.

It almost feels like the baseball gods are ****ting us, then they're running out of toilet paper, so they rub their *******s on us, then they get some bloody diarrhea for good measure, and need to wipe on us again to clean up.

Astros won

Mariners won

Blue jays won

Can't get a break anywhere. Nothing positive.
ryanhnc10
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Absolutely some truth to this. Juts get hot at the end of September, get in and go on a run; but it does suck to be staring down the barrel of losing the division when you've led it all season.

We are staring down finishing 3rd in the division
DallasAg 94
It is an approach.

I know many of you keep talking about how hard we're hitting the ball.

There is an approach that sasy, "take what the pitcher gives you." If you keep hitt 100+mph right at players, maybe another approach might be to focus more on where the defenders are NOT, rather than knocking the cover off of it.

This goes back to the 3-outcome approach and Gallo... and likely why we have so many SO.

It is who Milwaukee is... it is how we've lost many of our games.

When we slow it down and "chip away" we have had success.
CampingAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It is an approach.

I know many of you keep talking about how hard we're hitting the ball.

There is an approach that sasy, "take what the pitcher gives you." If you keep hitt 100+mph right at players, maybe another approach might be to focus more on where the defenders are NOT, rather than knocking the cover off of it.

This goes back to the 3-outcome approach and Gallo... and likely why we have so many SO.

It is who Milwaukee is... it is how we've lost many of our games.

When we slow it down and "chip away" we have had success.
I actually looked up some of our chase-rate stats today and somehow they aren't as bad as I thought. Maybe they've been worse lately. I don't see how we don't rank near the bottom of the league. We are hacking away. Even in hitters counts we are swinging at anything near the zone.
Tksymm7
AG
It's our whiff rate on balls in the zone that is concerning. We have quite a few guys who just flat out miss balls in the strike zone, and that is less than ideal and concerning to me. That means balls are there to be hit and we're missing them all together.
Grapesoda2525
3 AB's and 3Ks. Heim should just get the surgery and focus on next year at this point.
toucan82
alright, time to rough up their bullpen
Grapesoda2525
The Rangers have now scored 6 runs over the past 34 innings (3 1/2 games).
WestTexasAg
AG
Damn CJ. That was Dave Raymondesque on the excitement over Garcia's fly out to left that didn't even reach the warning track.
Dwb22
AG
The amount of times I've been blue balled by our announcers getting too excited about an out is crazy
South Platte
Leclerq for closer. Lights out Leclerq.
WestTexasAg
AG
I know Garcia and Taveras have really cooled off. That being said, losing two all stars in the 5 and 6 hole in your lineup really hurts. Obviously Jung is out right now, but Heim might as well be also.

Any chance Jung is ahead of schedule?
Coppell97
AG
Semien ropes it. Of course an amazing catch for the out.
Coppell97
AG
Another comeback falls short.
South Platte
Tough one. Garver missed 2 hanging sliders. Can't miss those
Coppell97
AG
And now a needed day off to hit reset and to refocus.
Grapesoda2525
Coppell97 said:

And now a needed day off to hit reset and to refocus.
We just got one Thursday. I don't think fatigue is the problem.
Grapesoda2525
Scoring only 3 runs total on 13 hits is actually very impressive, I don't think most teams could score that few amount of runs if they tried with that many hits.
Grapesoda2525

It's going from infuriating to comical pretty fast.
Proposition Joe
Not that I'm a super firm believer in some guy's inspirational talk in the clubhouse being the difference -- but it is worth noting that this is a team that it's been pointed out many times doesn't actually have a vocal leader. Seager/Semien are quiet leaders, and Scherzer basically likes to be left alone. Then you got a bunch of younger guys.

Basically you gotta hope Nate Lowe is gonna read everyone the riot act?
Tksymm7
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It's going from infuriating to comical pretty fast.
Two things to this: 1) Seager isn't immune to this either, he's comes back hard from his heater a week+ ago; 2) these numbers are SO bad they aren't sustainable. Guys like Garcia might not get to his May level but it's not going to be this bad forever.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Not that I'm a super firm believer in some guy's inspirational talk in the clubhouse being the difference -- but it is worth noting that this is a team that it's been pointed out many times doesn't actually have a vocal leader. Seager/Semien are quiet leaders, and Scherzer basically likes to be left alone. Then you got a bunch of younger guys.

Basically you gotta hope Nate Lowe is gonna read everyone the riot act?

Really good point. The other day when Emily asked Seager about Section 133 and Corey's Corner all he has to say was "I don't know I got nothing for ya" and I'm sitting there like really dude?! Had such a chance to just latch on to the fan base. We need a guy with some emotion bad
PatriotAg02
AG
Bochy may have to break a TV again
Hungry Ojos
Is there a worse fandom combo than A&M-Rangers? Good Lord, talk about misery.
gigem1223
Several batters hit the ball really well last night. I think we're close to turning this around. We don't need 5+ runs every night to win with this staff.
DeangeloVickers
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 481 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.