*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,224,700 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pssst, guys, this Cleveland bullpen ain't bad.

Bats are fine. Lets go get a plus arm.
TefIon Don
AG
Another 10+ run game
Danny Vermin
Let's just hope the power Rangers are back!!!!
Old Tom Morris
This is nuts
aggietony2010
AG
Apparently Adolis saved the Home Run derby for today. And the whole team is in on it
Mr Gigem
AG
My goodness
Proposition Joe
Quote:

Been hearing this for a month now, yet the rangers are about to go to 5-17 in their last 22, and will probably drop another series to an average to below average team. The pitching has been enough, if the bats could string any semblance of an offense together and get hits with RISP. That's with Tampa and Houston coming up soon.

Nailed it.
aggiefan09
AG
Wouldn't mind seeing another HR the way June ended and July started. But now that Miller is batting probably not.
beagle2009
AG
beagle2009 said:

Getting knocked around by another **** team. Picking right back up where we left off….

Picking right back up where we left off
NukeAg10
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Quote:

Been hearing this for a month now, yet the rangers are about to go to 5-17 in their last 22, and will probably drop another series to an average to below average team. The pitching has been enough, if the bats could string any semblance of an offense together and get hits with RISP. That's with Tampa and Houston coming up soon.

Nailed it.

Couldn't be happier to be wrong. It's been a frustrating month, and I don't have a track record of being someone who overreacts to one baseball loss.

Hopefully tonight will be the spark to have a strong second half of the season, and they can start stringing together series wins again, and some sweeps in there. I stopped checking the thread and the score on the mlb app after 4-0, and have only have score updates since then. I'll stick to the for awhile.
AgBQ-00
AG
That's the way to start the second half
DallasAg 94
TefIon Don said:

Another 10+ run game
AND 9 LOB.
beagle2009
AG
17H, 4HR. LFG
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!

Great win to start the second half of the season!
AgBQ-00
AG
Have to remember they were on a stretch of 30 games in 31 days before the ASG. They were out of gas. Iirc we don't have another stretch like that
TexAg1822
AG
Proposition Joe said:

DeangeloVickers said:

NSIAP

Wow. Great stuff. Knew he was good at framing but didn't realize that good. Does beg the question though, is a frame the baseball equivalent of a flop?

Have y'all seen some of the discourse on this? Don't agree that it's a form of "cheating"

The ability to frame pitches is part of what makes a catcher a great defensive catcher. It's an art imo
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Framing has been going on at least since I was in little league 40 years ago. (I know it's been around probably since the beginning of balls and strikes.) I remember my coach telling me to frame pitches if they were out of the zone. If Jonah is the best, great for him and the team.
Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00 said:

Have to remember they were on a stretch of 30 games in 31 days before the ASG. They were out of gas. Iirc we don't have another stretch like that
Lots of days off the next couple weeks.
Dwb22
AG
If the positive developments for the big league team weren't enough for you, Walcott hit his 6th home run of the season tonight for the ACL Rangers - this is his 12th game
CampingAg
AG
Man, I'm definitely pulling for the Angels this series against HOU. However, the longer the Angels can go without falling completely out of it, the higher odds they keep Shohei, miss the playoffs, and get nothing in return when he walks.
Water Boy
AG
Great comeback win! We needed that one!
alvtimes
Re: Ohtani trade… deleted, just realized there is a whole thread for this.
KT 90
AG

Tksymm7
AG
I'm afraid it's time to cut bait here.
fc2112
jkag89
It is what TexAgs does best!
Tksymm7
AG
Overreacting? He's gotten worse since he's been here, and he's absolutely no where near helping the Rangers. I'm not saying he's totally washed or won't make the big leagues, but if he does I doubt it's with the us. We drafted him to help this franchise by the end of this season or the beginning of next, and that isn't anywhere near happening, so trade him him now and try to get someone who can help this team sooner rather than later.
rbtexan
S
Here's what will happen. The Rangers will trade Leiter for next to nothing, because that's what he'd bring right now. Once he gets in a new organization, he'll figure out that his daddy isn't the pitching coach he needs and he'll start listening to instruction and doing what his actual coaches are telling him to do, and he'll turn into the stud he should be. Meanwhile the Rangers will be the team who gave up on a player "too soon".

The problem isn't with Jack. The problem is Al Leiter.
Jimbo Franchione
MrCoachEricTaylor
That is a little bit of an overreaction. I get he was expected to help in the next year or so.. but you don't just bail on your top 5 picks like that. You do have some help that should be ready by next year in Bradford and White. You just hope that with the flashes he has shown and some time on the development list, he can get something figured out and keep improving his command.

And command tends come with more time and experience.
Tksymm7
AG
It's definitely possible, but it just isn't happening for him in this organization right now for whatever reason. Whether that be his dad, how the organization develops pitchers, or his own personal battles, it's rough. Now, I don't want to trade him for a bag of chips, but if you need to add him in a multi-player deal to get someone like Corbin Burnes or any other high caliber pitcher, then he's getting included for me.

In other news, Baseball America came out with their top 100 prospects list post draft, and Wyatt Langford (#11) just edges out Evan Carter (#12) for the top spot on our organization. Walcott also cracks the top 100 at #93, which is super impressive for a 17 year old. He and Ethan Salas of the Padres might be the youngest guys on there at 17.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Tksymm7 said:

but if you need to add him in a multi-player deal to get someone like Corbin Burnes or any other high caliber pitcher, then he's getting included for me.

I wouldn't be against that, but only for Burns or Cease.. and only if we can lock them down long term!
Tksymm7
AG
I'll hang up after this, but this is exactly what I am talking about. I don't want to trade him for Lance Lynn or some 35 year old veteran we're going to have for one season, but for someone who's currently in their prime and willing to stay here. Easier said than done I know.
Proposition Joe
Are we really scapegoating his dad? This franchise hasn't produced a top SP from the farm in decades. The last one actually had to beg to be converted from a RP.

Daddy may not be helping, but he isn't hurting and has every reason to believe his son might get mishandled.
rbtexan
S
Proposition Joe said:

Are we really scapegoating his dad? This franchise hasn't produced a top SP from the farm in decades. The last one actually had to beg to be converted from a RP.

Daddy may not be helping, but he isn't hurting and has every reason to believe his son might get mishandled.
Every single thing I've read, including comments from scouts outside the Rangers organization, is that Al has been meddling and interfering, arguably hampering Jack's development. If nothing else, contradictory input could at the very least be confusing for a young struggling pitcher. He needs to stay the hell out of it. Ranger's history of developing pitchers has nothing to do with that.
Jimbo Franchione
MrCoachEricTaylor
I agree with that
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.