*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,126,980 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Daveintx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boom
PatriotAg02
AG
40th win and 20 games over
awrollins
Great win!
LeagueCityAg
AG
That was for Jake! Hello Win Column!
gigem1223
Who besides DallasAg had The Rangers 20 games over .500 60 games into the season?
Danny Vermin
This team........They are really something else.
DallasAg 94
Sborz has given up 9ERs in 15 appearances.
3, 3, 2, 1. 7Hs in those 4 G

Zero ERs in the other 11 G. 7Hs in those 11G

Hoping Maddux/Bochy have unlocked the puzzle.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Who besides DallasAg had The Rangers 20 games over .500 60 games into the season?
In my defense, I have a history of projecting the Rangers to the WS.
gigem1223
Member when ASStros fans got there little peens hard for being a game back that one day? I member.
Grapesoda2525
awrollins said:

Duran is just so good man
I'm just glad Bochy is smart enough to play him pretty much everyday. You know wash or banny would bench him for an underperforming veteran.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Member when ASStros fans got their little peens hard for being a game back that one day? I member.
BUT BUT BUT WE HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE GOOD YET!
LeagueCityAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Member when ASStros fans got there little peens hard for being a game back that one day? I member.
Their little trash talk thread they always circlejerk in has been really quiet lately
cr06gis
AG
Fun team
awrollins
LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Their little trash talk thread they always circlejerk in has been really quiet lately
Started by Stros fans who learned their team existed in 2017 and only used to dunk on tanking Rangers teams. It's reeeeeaaallll quiet now
Coppell97
AG
Anyone see that interview with deGrom. He was totally tearing up, choking up, in tears. Talked about how special the team is, how sorry he is he can't help the guys. He also recognized the others who have stepped up so much. Can tell deGrom loves this team and knows how special it is.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Rangers are cheating like they did in 2017.
Grapesoda2525
awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Started by Stros fans who learned their team existed in 2017 and only used to dunk on tanking Rangers teams. It's reeeeeaaallll quiet now
That idiot poster named farmer chased away both ranger and Astro fans from that thread by calling the Astros "daddy" every post. What a creep.
PatriotAg02
AG
Coppell97 said:

Anyone see that interview with deGrom. He was totally tearing up, choking up, in tears. Talked about how special the team is, how sorry he is he can't help the guys. He also recognized the others who have stepped up so much. Can tell deGrom loves this team and knows how special it is.

Yep dude is down. They said he's done this before…..he's already had Tommy John?
JWinTX
awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Houston fans hate DFW teams. Why? No idea. I've lived in DFW my whole life. Never met one person who cared one iota about Houston's teams. Maybe now that we play them, as well as the Astros being so good, some don't like them, but overall, nobody really cares.

Houston will make a run here and probably still win it all. They've got the talent and experience. As a Rangers fan, I'm just enjoying the ride. Wherever it goes from here, it's been a lot further than I expected and I'll enjoy it tremendously.
shack009
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Coppell97 said:

Yep dude is down. They said he's done this before…..he's already had Tommy John?

In 2010, I think I read.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

That idiot poster named farmer chased away both ranger and Astro fans from that thread by calling the Astros "daddy" every post. What a creep.
There are some real weirdos on the MLB board *glares at the Joey Gallo thread*
LeagueCityAg
AG
JWinTX said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Houston fans hate DFW teams. Why? No idea. I've lived in DFW my whole life. Never met one person who cared one iota about Houston's teams. Maybe now that we play them, as well as the Astros being so good, some don't like them, but overall, nobody really cares.

Houston will make a run here and probably still win it all. They've got the talent and experience. As a Rangers fan, I'm just enjoying the ride. Wherever it goes from here, it's been a lot further than I expected and I'll enjoy it tremendously.
Same here, I came into this season expecting an improvement and to maybe make the wildcard. I still expect Houston to win the division, but this season has been a fun ride.
shack009
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

JWinTX said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Same here, I came into this season expecting an improvement and to maybe make the wildcard. I still expect Houston to win the division, but this season has been a fun ride.

Shun the nonbelievers…
LeagueCityAg
AG
shack009 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

JWinTX said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Shun the nonbelievers…
Just trying to keep the expectations in check. The Aggies taught me that a long time ago.
aggietony2010
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

Weirdos doesn't begin to describe some of the guys on that thread.
aggietony2010
AG
shack009 said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Coppell97 said:

In 2010, I think I read.

You could hear the "crap I have to go through that rehab again" in his voice, along with a lot of other emotions. It's got to feel completely different to go back down a difficult road you've already slogged through once.
DannyDuberstein
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

"Weirdo" does not even begin to describe that OP based on actual news reported real world events that I won't go into
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525

Thanks asshats! I bet they enjoyed Garcia going 4 for 4 tonight against them including a majestic home run to left field.
Grapesoda2525
Degrom update

Quote:

UPDATE Evan Grant has now clarified that it will be ligament repair surgery, which could be Tommy John surgery or could be the new brace procedure. The exact surgery will apparently be determined once Dr. Meister opens him up. The brace procedure would have a shorter rehab time and would have deGrom back earlier than TJS, which would keep him out until the second half of 2024, at least.
Don't want to get anyone's hopes up about it not being TJ because it always seems to be worst case scenario when it comes to Degrom and his health.

Would love for it to be the brace procedure tho. I guess we'll find out next week.
gigem1223
JWinTX said:

awrollins said:

LeagueCityAg said:

gigem1223 said:

You keep saying this but why? The Rangers are better 1-9 and have more depth (it's really not even close right now). The ASStros SP is Framber/ Javier and 3 rookies that are starting to come back down to earth. Bochy is 10x the manager Dusty is at this point. The only clear area they're better currently is the bullpen. The Rangers can and will address that at the deadline
MrCoachEricTaylor
I believe I heard the tv crew mentioning that possibility.
Grapesoda2525
Blow out win would be nice tomorrow since we've used Smith 2 days in a row. He might not be available. Sweeping this team would be great too because of the history.
Grapesoda2525
Zeke slashing .322/.374/.531. That's near Wander Franco numbers. 31 plate appearances from qualifying but would be 2nd in AL in batting average, 5th in Slg, and 4th on OPS with .905.

Kid is special and now he's starting to take walks when pitchers are giving him nothing but garbage.
thegoodolag15
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

awrollins said:

Duran is just so good man
I'm just glad Bochy is smart enough to play him pretty much everyday. You know wash or banny would bench him for an underperforming veteran.

Listened to Bochy on 105.3 the Fan the other day and he talked about his philosophy of playing the hot hand. It sounds like common sense but some managers get so match up crazy they miss the fact that one guy is on fire.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.