*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,438 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I subscribed to DirecTV stream to watch the Rangers. I have MLB TV to watch other games I want to see. If they move the Rangers to MLB TV, I'll drop Direct and save money. I only have Direct so I can see the Rangers.

I would drop and do the same were it not for college baseball, provided it happened immediately. Now, I'd have the ability to shop a better provider if the Rangers were available completely separate. As it stands, that would really only enable me to not have a cable provider for the month of July.
DeangeloVickers
AG
fc2112
This is the time to stay agile with your TV provider. Things could change on a moment's notice.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
We're streaming only luckily so no contracts for us.
Yellerjacket
fc2112 said:

This is the time to stay agile with your TV provider. Things could change on a moment's notice.
I watch most games, but not through a streaming service. I hope to be able to watch them legally soon.
PatriotAg02
AG
I switched from Youtube TV to Fubo to be able to watch the Rangers for this season. Prior I wasn't able to. The options for Bally are slim. So if they put the Rangers on MLBtv it costs 70 for the year or per month? Big difference.
TefIon Don
AG
My wife is locked in to YTTV, so I'm really hoping for some relief considering I'm in Houston. Really don't want to pay 80/month just for Rangers games, but I'd do it.
Yellerjacket
PatriotAg02 said:

I switched from Youtube TV to Fubo to be able to watch the Rangers for this season. Prior I wasn't able to. The options for Bally are slim. So if they put the Rangers on MLBtv it costs 70 for the year or per month? Big difference.
It looks like the Padres are 74.99 for the rest of the season.
If that's what it is for the Rangers, I still won't pay.
I already have Youtube TV and I can't get rid of that or my wife and kids will kill me.
Carlo4
AG
Tksymm7 said:

You are one of the very few who's had them on cable. Very few providers carry Bally because Bally thinks their product is better than it is.
That's wild. I pay $60 a month for basic cable channels plus locals (and $60 for internet), and Bally's was part of that package. We don't do movie channels or anything else with Spectrum (just apps for anything else).

AT&T was screwing me over so made the switch.

I'm counting my lucky stars I've had a chance to watch 15 games this year!
Mr Gigem
AG
If I didn't already have the streaming option, I would happily pay $75 to watch every Rangers game for the rest of the season.
Legal Custodian
AG
Just looking up some random stats, but Semien is the only batter we have who is on pace for 200 (technically only 198) hits this season. And Adolis is the only guy on pace for over 40 HRs (42 at his current pace).

For as prolific of an offense this is that is quite amazing. We are just so deep right now across the board with hitters. We have 6 guys batting over .290 currently.

In 10 years, we've had only 7 instances of qualified batters hitting better than .290:

Beltre (2013, 2014, 2016)
Elvis (2016, 2017)
Prince Fielder (2015)
Lowe (2022)

And we haven't had a guy hit for 200 hits in a season since Michael Young in 2011.
DallasAg 94
Yellerjacket said:

PatriotAg02 said:

I already have Youtube TV and I can't get rid of that or my wife and kids will kill me.
We "cut-the-cable"

Now, we have:
YouTube TV
Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
Amazon Prime Video

Everyone in our house has their own niche/genre to watch. They want me to add Max.

And I still don't get the Rangers.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Love MLB.tv

Except for the outdated blackout rules.

If they remove the blackout rules for you guys and you sign up for it, you'll wonder how you ever went without it.
DallasAg 94

I agree it would appear to be that Jung and Yoshida are leading the pack.

Some stats on AL Rookies:
Jo Jung (3B-Tex-25): 51 G, .291, 12 HR, 1 SB, 39 R, 37 RBI, .338 OBP, .527 SLG, .865 OPS
Yoshida (LF-Bos-29): 46 G, .313, 6 HR, 3 SB, 28 R, 30 RBI, .389 OBP, .486 SLG, .872 OPS

Others:
Volpe (SS-NYY-22): 57 G, .198, 8 HR, 13 SB
Casas (1B-Bos-23): 47 G, .193, 6 HR
Noda (1B-Oak-27): 52 G, .234, 6 HR

Hoping Seager's return will help buoy Josh's numbers.
Water Boy
AG
Yeah I suffer from this problem. Have YouTube tv, hbo max, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Texags premium. Probably need to cut out most of those since I rarely even use them.
shack009
AG
Is this the first time Leody has not hit 9th?

He has been due to move up in the order for a while now, but I guess they just didn't want to change anything with how well he has been hitting.
South Platte
Yellerjacket said:

PatriotAg02 said:

DirecTV and Disney + for me. I hate throwing away money every month. Maybe when summer break is over.

Edit, but at least DirecTV has almost every Rangers and Stars game.
beagle2009
AG
I also switched from YTTV to Direct TV Stream as I couldn't go without Rangers or Stars. Still holding out hope somehow, someway they'll make it back to YTTV because in my opinion they are the hands-down, best all-around streaming service available. We could also probably do without most of the other platforms like many of you have mentioned (Netflix, Disney+, Max, AppleTV+, etc.).
AgBQ-00
AG
Allstar game voting opened today.
gigem1223
Came here to post this. Already got my 5 votes in. Go support our Rangers baws!
Legal Custodian
AG
I looked at it very objectively without a slant towards one team at all.
PatriotAg02
AG
Dunning is not himself today. Is it the kids in the stands screaming?
Legal Custodian
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Probably it's his new kid screaming at home
shack009
AG
He got the inning ending double play ball that Semien threw in to the 5th row. He should be through 3 with 0 runs allowed and at about 45 pitches.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I agree it would appear to be that Jung and Yoshida are leading the pack.

Some stats on AL Rookies:
Jo Jung (3B-Tex-25): 51 G, .291, 12 HR, 1 SB, 39 R, 37 RBI, .338 OBP, .527 SLG, .865 OPS
Yoshida (LF-Bos-29): 46 G, .313, 6 HR, 3 SB, 28 R, 30 RBI, .389 OBP, .486 SLG, .872 OPS

Others:
Volpe (SS-NYY-22): 57 G, .198, 8 HR, 13 SB
Casas (1B-Bos-23): 47 G, .193, 6 HR
Noda (1B-Oak-27): 52 G, .234, 6 HR

Hoping Seager's return will help buoy Josh's numbers.

Aggie Bryce Miller is also off to a good start with Seattle, although his last start was a little rough. Overall he has put up some numbers to be in the running as well.
KT 90
AG
And all the tv stuff makes by head hurt . Pretty sure we pay too much already for DTV, Netflix, Prime, and lord know what all else. I'm not messing with anything until the Bally mess is sorted out. Plus have college kids home for a while, so yeah, not messing with anything for a bit. Don't really want to add a MLB sub (already have the basic MLB channel), but probably would it I had to.
KT 90
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I looked at it very objectively without a slant towards one team at all.

What is Ohtani doing on there? Was Brad Miller not an option, lol??
alvtimes
HP ump cost the rangers a run there with horrible strike call
KT 90
AG
alvtimes said:

HP ump cost the rangers a run there with horrible strike call

strike 2 for sure. I thought strike 1 was questionable as well. That put two strikes on Semien and he could no longer be selective at the plate, so blue put him in a bad spot for sure. Bases were loaded with two outs.
Mr Gigem
AG

Yellerjacket
DallasAg 94 said:

Yellerjacket said:

PatriotAg02 said:

We "cut-the-cable"

Now, we have:
YouTube TV
Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
Amazon Prime Video

Everyone in our house has their own niche/genre to watch. They want me to add Max.

And I still don't get the Rangers.
Haha! Right there with you.
Yellerjacket
PatriotAg02 said:

Tells you how great he has been. 6 hits so far with 1 run. In the 6th inning. Great game so far, but he's "not himself".
Yellerjacket
Yellerjacket said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Tells you how great he has been. 6 hits so far with 1 run. In the 6th inning. Great game so far, but he's "not himself".
Now that I've said that, he's going to get hammered.
PatriotAg02
AG
Yellerjacket said:

Yellerjacket said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Now that I've said that, he's going to get hammered.

He's had some bad luck for sure. Hopefully the pen can put up 0's. Gonna need the bats to wake up.
PatriotAg02
AG
Bases loaded no outs. This probably won't end well.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.