*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,058 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I looked at it very objectively without a slant towards one team at all.

PatriotAg02
AG
Shoulda stayed with Dunning.
Legal Custodian
AG
Carlo4 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I looked at it very objectively without a slant towards one team at all.

Get it?
Yellerjacket
PatriotAg02 said:

Shoulda stayed with Dunning.
I thought the same thing. I guess it was a pitch count decision.
Tksymm7
AG
That's a really tough spot to throw Hernandez into. Runners on first and second, then get bunted on. Pretty much a lose lose for him.
PatriotAg02
AG
Why Seager??!
gigem1223
DUMB. Need Lowe to bail us out
Tksymm7
AG
That's tough.
NukeAg10
AG
Bad luck on the hop and how fast it to the wall.
NukeAg10
AG
The announcers are chuckling about pitches in the exact same spots being called differently.
Yellerjacket
NukeAg10 said:

Bad luck on the hop and how fast it to the wall.
Yeah I don't blame him for going for 2. Just bad luck and a great play by the RF.
PatriotAg02
AG
Ump is ready to get the hell outta dodge
Tksymm7
AG
3K's for Adolis today. Sad.
Yellerjacket
Tksymm7 said:

3K's for Adolis today. Sad.
I feel like Adolis will always get his HRs and RBIs, but he probably won't ever be much more than a .240 hitter for us.
Tksymm7
AG
Oh absolutely. He's a better version of Khris Davis. Batting .247, 35+ homers and 100 RBIs, but happens to have a rocket launcher for an arm.
Carlo4
AG
Taveras with the triple! Good chance here.
Yellerjacket
Carlo4 said:

Taveras with the triple! Good chance here.
Seems like those chances always come with 2 outs. Man, it's hard to sweep a decent team. Maybe we can jack one out in the 9th.
Mr Gigem
AG
Semien is going to put this one back into our favor. I can feel it

Water Boy
AG
We are due for some ninth inning magic. Crazy to think that with this wildly impressive start we only have 1 game that I can think of where we took the lead in the ninth. Probably some more games I'm forgetting about.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I am curious how do you guys like Bruce Bochy? I am a Giants and Mets fan so I am rather curious how you guys regard Bochy now.

I already have a good idea on how you view DeGrom, good when healthy
Mr Gigem
AG
This ump has been garbage today. Looking forward to the scorecard
alvtimes
Mr Gigem said:

This ump has been garbage today. Looking forward to the scorecard

Needs to be ejected by a player and suspended a game by the league
Mr Gigem
AG
Well when you're so such a bad ump that you force hitters to swing at pitches outside of the zone...

Oh well
Legal Custodian
AG
Not sure he threw a pitch in the strike zone the last two batters. Terrible calls by the ump
PatriotAg02
AG
Eh that was definitely an end of a long roadtrip game. Seemed a bit checked out.
Yellerjacket
Propane & Accessories said:

I am curious how do you guys like Bruce Bochy? I am a Giants and Mets fan so I am rather curious how you guys regard Bochy now.

Bochy? He's winning, so I love him! Check back later.
DeGrom? Love him, too. Needs to stop missing so much time due to "inflammation". Check back later.
AgBQ-00
AG
Good road trip. IIRC we are done with our 2 longest road trips for the year. Will be good to get home for a little bit.
Yellerjacket
Legal Custodian said:

Not sure he threw a pitch in the strike zone the last two batters. Terrible calls by the ump
All day long. His strike zone was about 6 inches outside the traditional strike zone. Of course, we were helped by it a few times as well.
Legal Custodian
AG

Even when he managed other clubs I think every one here had good things to say about Bochy. He's obviously manager of the year so far.

And to correct your last statement, deGrom is fantastic when healthy. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir with you saying your a Mets fan, but he's much better than "good".
awrollins
That ump was so bad. Cost us all day
fc2112
Fairchild is gonna score out badly today.

Propane & Accessories
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Even when he managed other clubs I think every one here had good things to say about Bochy. He's obviously manager of the year so far.

And to correct your last statement, deGrom is fantastic when healthy. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir with you saying your a Mets fan, but he's much better than "good".
DeGrom is the pitching version of David Wright. Fantastic when healthy but injuries derailed Wright and it looks like it might do the same to DeGrom. I just said good since I felt some on here may not like him due to money and injuries. I hope the Express are playing at home if he plays in rehab games.

I hope he is manager of the year he is a great coach and my gut feeling is that SF told him, "Hey its time to leave, retire so we can all save face". I'll admit his last few years in SF were not the best but He took teams to the height of Baseball and he is phenomenal

I am rooting for ya'll, I hope you keep this up.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great outing by Dunning. bummer not to get a win, but great series win. Really great road trip with 3 straight series wins against decent to good teams.
Grapesoda2525
Umpire sucked dick. What was he looking at?

Cost us in several crucial at bats that could've tied it up. Bounce off the wall on Seager "single" was really unlucky. Was also unlucky that heim hit into a double play right before the Taveras triple. Seemed like nothing went our way at all today, got screwed by the ump, and we still lost by just 1, but a loss is a loss I guess. Annoying.
Grapesoda2525
Will be so nice to get Duran back. He makes a difference in the lineup. Still think smith and Thompson are black holes who look overmatched most of the time. Smith had an awful game today.
First Page Last Page
Page 137 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.