*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,442 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
TDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

vander54 said:

I blame DallasAg and his sweep talk before the series started.
I'm losing faith in Bochy.

These loses are on him. You don't let a Rookie RP give up 5 ERs when you have a 6 Run lead.

You are up 6-1 with 1 out in the B8 and you lose the game before you can get 2 more outs.

What a terrible manager.

Relax it's not an even year. Next year is the year
DallasAg 94
DeangeloVickers said:

Regression to the mean for the pen. Needed more new arms in off-season
All joking aside... I think these losses are really more about a new manager and a pitching coach let their players show them what they are capable of doing.

You want to see now what LeClerc and Ragans can battle through and how they respond.

I like Bochy. He is hard to listen to on the radio interviews, but I see why players like him.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
rbtexan
S
Bruce Bochy is no Chris Woodward
Jimbo Franchione
alvtimes
TDub said:

DallasAg 94 said:

vander54 said:

I'm losing faith in Bochy.

These loses are on him. You don't let a Rookie RP give up 5 ERs when you have a 6 Run lead.

You are up 6-1 with 1 out in the B8 and you lose the game before you can get 2 more outs.

What a terrible manager.

Relax it's not an even year. Next year is the year

Ive seen this "nxt yr" on here several times….. so what happens next yr to make it happen…. pretty much 1st 2nd and SS are players with history, we pretty much know who they are gonna be….. 3rd should improve with experience…… 4/5 starters return…. with Perez being the one without a spot nxt yr. Outfield can improve but who and where Idont have a guess….. that leaves bullpen
FTAco07
AG
Evan Carter is your outfield improvement. Bullpen can generally be fixed for very reasonable cost/trade capital.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm curious what guys like Foscue and Huff could command from a bullpen help trade perspective
alvtimes
FTAco07 said:

Evan Carter is your outfield improvement. Bullpen can generally be fixed for very reasonable cost/trade capital.

I like Carter and I agree he is important….. but to think a guy thats never played above AA…. will cure the outfield issues is a stretch for me. Remember Adolis starts '24 on the wrong side of 30 so will he decline? Im of the mind to say not in '24. This way more fun than trying to figure out who can be a decent #3 in the rotation!!!!
Grapesoda2525

This is embarrassing. I can't believe this mural exists. I hope Arlington makes him take it down.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

This is embarrassing. I can't believe this mural exists. I hope Arlington makes him take it down.

Good lord. I hate government.
FTAco07
AG
I would normally agree with you, but this feels like a different situation to me. Carter has dominated AA across two different years now with out any weakness and all the advanced metrics back up the eyeball test.

I bet he'll be in AAA by early summer and make the big league club coming out of camp next year if they don't call him up this September.

They won't, and shouldn't, rush him, but at some point you have to reward what he's doing and how he's doing it.
JPN06
vander54 said:

If we don't win today DallasAg should be banned from posting until we sweep a series. To give him a little perspective.
TDub
AG
Calm down it's a joke because Bochy has only won World Series in even years ('10, '12, '14).
DallasAg 94
I'm down with that.
Tksymm7
AG
I think we'll know by the trade deadline. It seems clear to me that the areas we need help in are bullpen and outfield (LF in particular). Once Evan gets moved to AAA, I'd have him there until the deadline, and then you decide. If he's still showing the same consistent upward trajectory then you call him up. If not then you can let him marinate some more in AAA.

I think a lot of this hinges on Leody Taveras as well. If he's showing you that he can be an everyday outfielder AND Carter is still killing it, then you can call Carter up and have a set OF. If Leody goes back to being a big swing and miss .225 hitter, then you likely still need some help in the OF whether you call up Carter or not.
DallasAg 94
Historically, I would have posted such a prediction with my sock, "Baseball Gods." But, it got caught up in the Woke Summer of 2020 when this handle got banned. Since I don't have access to the email for "Baseball Gods" I can't retrieve it.

Schall 02
AG
Pretty sure using a sock is even worse juju.
KT 90
AG
Early bird day game alert: 11:35AM start time for today's game.

Then it's back to Arlington to face G. Cole and the Yankees on Thursday.
KT 90
AG
Schall 02 said:

Pretty sure using a sock is even worse juju.
In this case it's an unused sock (kind of like that sock lost behind your dresser), so he gets a pass for this one?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cincy is going to destroy them and finish the sweep. Probably take a no-no into the late innings.

[/take notes on how to do this, DA]
Danny Vermin
Reds are an absolute juggernaut. Unbeatable.
AgBQ-00
AG
Let's salvage one this series.
Mr Gigem
AG
Pitch #3 was a CALLED strike

Mr Gigem
AG
Brad Miller yikes. Worst AB I've ever seen
Mr Gigem
AG
Bases loaded, no outs. Zero runs scored. Ouch
Tksymm7
AG
Not watching, but Jon Gray seems sharp at least.

And then he gave up a double. Sorry.

And then a triple…really sorry.
dave94
AG
https://www.fox4news.com/news/arlington-mural-of-rougned-odors-famous-punch-will-be-allowed-to-stay-despite-controversy
Dwb22
AG
Can't believe we're still carrying Miller on the roster. With Duran and Smith offering the defensive versatility we need his only "value" is as a pure hitter, and he takes maybe the worst ABs on the team. Owed $5M this year, but even if you don't want to eat that $ this early in the year, I still don't see why he's getting starts over Duran and others. Truly don't get it.
WestTexasAg
AG
Not sure why Miller is playing over Bubba Thompson.
DallasAg 94
JPN06 said:

vander54 said:

If we don't win today DallasAg should be banned from posting until we sweep a series. To give him a little perspective.
17 Blue Stars.

That's how you know the Astros fans are lurking.
KT 90
AG
Didn't see it live, but Jung got hit in the hand with a pitch, left the game and they showed him in the dugout with ice wrapped on it.
Tksymm7
AG
Definitely not ideal. Been a pretty rough three games in Cincy.
JPN06
Sborz has been a nice surprise.
JPN06
IDK man, I insulted Dusty on their thread the other day and got about the same amount of stars and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Rangers fans.
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.