*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,047 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Dwb22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice veteran AB from Miller to tie the game there in the 9th. Thats why clowns like you don't run the team. Take a seat pal
Tksymm7
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lowe is such a bad bailout 1B. You gotta pick that thing, dude
WestTexasAg
AG
Damn. Lowe has to make that play.
DallasAg 94
Water Boy
AG
Lose this and we will be 1-4 in 1 run games. Don't like this trend carrying over from last season.
KT 90
AG
Oopf.... walkoff HR to complete the sweep.

Yikes.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What a series. Way to go DA. See you after the Rangers sweep a series
Tksymm7
AG
Man…the team defense across the board is such an issue, and the bullpen looked putrid.
dave94
AG
This was not good.
topoftexasag
AG
What is the fastest way out of Cincinnati?
AgBQ-00
AG
well fart. walked off again. hope we get it back together and back on track.
PatriotAg02
AG
Glad I had to miss that one and the one last night.
JPN06
Four-game series against the Yankees coming up. No rest for the weary
Grapesoda2525
3 walk off losses. 3 bull pen implosions. Terrible defense all over the great American ball park. Injuries galore.

Gerritt Cole faces us tomorrow. There's a good chance that a little over 24 hours from now the division lead will be completely gone.

Completely losing our division lead in a week where we play the A's and reds while the Astros play the braves and rays is something only the rangers could probably accomplish.

Going 3-4 against the A's and reds is infuriating.
BCSWguru
bullpen is absolute doo doo. I wish I hadnt watched.
Grapesoda2525
Senzel had a batting average of .139 and OPS of .392 before yesterday. Last 2 games against us was 5 for 8 with 2 walks and a game winning homer lol
Tksymm7
AG
Jankowski left todays game as well, with a barking hip. Jung's x-rays we're negative. Bout the only positive.
vette
AG
vette said:

JPN06 said:

The Reds aren't nearly as bad as the A's. Sweep is a tall order, but we do need to keep winning series.
The Reds schedule has been brutal this year.

Pirates - 16-7 (2-5)
Cubs - 12-9 (1-1)
Phils - 11-12 (3-4)
Rays - 19-3 (1-2)
Braves - 14-8 (0-3)

I agree... let's just ensure we get 2/3

Welp… thought it would be tough, but a sweep is no bueno
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

3 walk off losses. 3 bull pen implosions. Terrible defense all over the great American ball park. Injuries galore.

Gerritt Cole faces us tomorrow. There's a good chance that a little over 24 hours from now the division lead will be completely gone.

Completely losing our division lead in a week where we play the A's and reds while the Astros play the braves and rays is something only the rangers could probably accomplish.

Good lord you can be such a beat down. They're still in first place after tonight no matter what happens this evening. Just as easily as the Reds swept the Rangers, The Rangers could sweep the Yankees. That's the way baseball go. You're gonna have head scratching series that make no sense.
JPN06
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Good lord you can be such a beat down. They're still in first place after tonight no matter what happens this evening. Just as easily as the Reds swept the Rangers, The Rangers could sweep the Yankees. That's the way baseball go. You're gonna have head scratching series that make no sense.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
LSCSN said:

bullpen is absolute doo doo. I wish I hadnt watched.

Evan Grant may have to dust off his unfortunate hashtag from a while back.
gigem1223
M's with a huge injury. Robbie Ray out for the season.
Tksymm7
AG
Hunter Brown tossing 7 shutty makes me want to beat my freaking brains in.
Mr Gigem
AG
Nvm
JWinTX
Tksymm7 said:

They're still way better than everyone else, talent-wise. And it's not that close, to be honest. Baseball is a grind and they always start off sluggish and then go crazy by the time May gets here. They'll be the AL Champs at the minimum, probably world champs again.

Nothing has changed here. We are still hoping to finish .500 and at keep DeGrom healthy. A bullpen like ours is not playoff worthy. And that part of your team cannot suck beyond belief. Ours had for the last few seasons and doesn't appear to be any different this season.
WestTexasAg
AG
JWinTX said:

Tksymm7 said:

They're still way better than everyone else, talent-wise. And it's not that close, to be honest. Baseball is a grind and they always start off sluggish and then go crazy by the time May gets here. They'll be the AL Champs at the minimum, probably world champs again.

Nothing has changed here. We are still hoping to finish .500 and at keep DeGrom healthy. A bullpen like ours is not playoff worthy. And that part of your team cannot suck beyond belief. Ours had for the last few seasons and doesn't appear to be any different this season.
I look at it this way - if we have a contending ball club at the trade deadline, we will make the necessary moves to shore up the bullpen. Right now we need Seager and Garver back, and hopefully Jung isn't going to miss any significant time.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

When you look at it from top to bottom, this series is the worst series for the rangers since the last time they got knocked out of the playoffs years ago.

Everyone was in a great mood and thinking this team could be pretty good. Now we leave Cincinnati with a ton of questions, a few holes to fill due to several injuries, and a bullpen that looks like it went from being rated in the top 5 to the bottom 5 over the course of a few measly days. Every loss was a kick in the balls and the cumulative effect of it all is very demoralizing.
alvtimes
JPN06 said:

gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Why is talking about bad baseball such a "beat down"…. it would be great if everything was all honey and roses….. but there are plenty of warts present….. it seems weird that the warts cant be discussed but honey and roses is ok…..: Reds series was multiple warts!
gigem1223
alvtimes said:

JPN06 said:

gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Why is talking about bad baseball such a "beat down"…. it would be great if everything was all honey and roses….. but there are plenty of warts present….. it seems weird that the warts cant be discussed but honey and roses is ok…..: Reds series was multiple warts!

I never said the warts couldn't be discussed, hell I discuss them often but to act like 1 road series sweep in May is suddenly the death of this team is silly. It's baseball. The good is never as good as you think and the bad is never as bad as you think.

This team was playing good baseball heading to Cincinnati, controlled 2 out of the 3 games. 2 bad innings from the bullpen just let it get sideways.
Tksymm7
AG
Idk how many or if anyone here follows and listens to Jomboy Media/Talkin Baseball, but they posted the most epic call in rant I think I've ever heard. Guy called into a Chicago radio show talking about the White Sox. It's not screaming, yelling, or banter. It's pure passion, disappointment, and frustration rolled into a pretty dang well put together monologue rant. Take a listen.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cri-IJaMl-R/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
JWinTX
WestTexasAg said:

JWinTX said:

Tksymm7 said:

I look at it this way - if we have a contending ball club at the trade deadline, we will make the necessary moves to shore up the bullpen. Right now we need Seager and Garver back, and hopefully Jung isn't going to miss any significant time.
Agree completely...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Pen gonna get some work tonight. 45 pitches for Heaney thru 2. Got hit hard in the second inning.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
After that 2nd inning, Heaney has looked pretty good.

And finally have Cole in some trouble.

Bases juices for Adolis.
gigem1223
Heaney has had some tuff matchups. He's done a great job as a #5.
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.