***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,136,046 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Costas: 'Major League Baseball today faces a stark decision, whether to continue its postseason games now that there are no longer any teams from the states of California or New York participating.'
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Whoop2oo1
AG
Now that the series is over I cannot help but love Correa. He helped build this, and I hope he understands how important he is to what the Astros have built. I know he doesn't care right now, but one day he will realize he started the greatest dynasty in baseball history.
kb2001
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Breggy Popup
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Hopefully Carlos didn't just give away the keys on how we game plan against hitters
Nah. There was nothing deep in what he said.
Mathguy64
AG
Wabs said:

Not every season can only be 60 games. Sorry Doyers,

I regret that I have but one blue star to give to this.

All hail the LA Dodgers! Champions of the 35% long season played without fans, played with players out for random testing and crowned champs after playing in a bubble.
JDUB08AG
AG
As much as I can't stand Maldy, there is clearly a value he brings to this team and pitching staff that none of us see. What are the chances there is a scenario where he comes back as bench coach or something?
agdaddy04
AG
It's what everyone knows and still it works.
rak1693
AG
Me to my wife before the last pitch of the game: "Man, I really don't want to see Correa bat."

Me after the game ended: "I love that guy but the less times I can see him bat in another jersey in the postseason, the better."
agdaddy04
AG
Seems like he'd make a great pitching coach
BadAggie
AG
Bregxit said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Hopefully Carlos didn't just give away the keys on how we game plan against hitters
Nah. There was nothing deep in what he said.

Hey, he got his one FU Crane game in the playoffs.

Not that Crane didn't offer him market money, just not the player options.

Kinda funny to see him act angsty about Pena after he basically forced them to turn to Pena at 6.

The Porkchop Express
Whoop2oo1 said:

Now that the series is over I cannot help but love Correa. He helped build this, and I hope he understands how important he is to what the Astros have built. I know he doesn't care right now, but one day he will realize he started the greatest dynasty in baseball history.
His performance against the Rays in the 2020 ALCS is one for the books.
The Porkchop Express
Next time you're bummed about the Astros not being "as good" as last year, here's a few stats I dragged up about the Twinkies.

Since winning Game 7 of the World Series on October 27, 1991, the Minnesota Twins have missed the playoffs 22 times in 31 years and gone 10-30 in the post-season in their 10 playoff appearances, including a 16-game playoff losing streak that started in 2004 and ended this year
AggiEE
JDUB08AG said:

As much as I can't stand Maldy, there is clearly a value he brings to this team and pitching staff that none of us see. What are the chances there is a scenario where he comes back as bench coach or something?

Can we get a pitchcom for Maldy on the bench to Diaz?
redline248
AG
So many posts about Julia and not a single photo
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
kb2001 said:

Furlock Bones said:

this is really a fascinating chart

didn't realize how much the expansion franchises have struggled

Marlins and Rockies -- entered in 1993

Rays and D-Backs -- entered in 1998

very few LCS appearances in 25 to 30 seasons
BoxingAg84
Aggie Therapist
AG
I gotta say, if Dusty wins back to back titles……nice old man is welcome back in '24 and will be an Astros legend
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
Aggie Therapist
AG
redline248 said:

So many posts about Julia and not a single photo

She is a staple in the Astros ball club

You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what
BoxingAg84
Aggie Therapist said:

I gotta say, if Dusty wins back to back titles……nice old man is welcome back in '24 and will be an Astros legend

Too late, Dusty is already an Astros legend.
He has more Astro playoff wins than any other skipper in Astros history.
BadAggie
AG

mernaggie12
AG
I thought you do not win a game with solo HRs?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bkag9824
AG
mernaggie12 said:

I thought you do not win a game with solo HRs?

Well one of them was a 2 run HR last night. . .
All I do is Nguyen
Think this will happen during this years ALCS?

No matter what
BMX Bandit
Title should be "old man FAFO"
Harry Dunne
You've got to give Dusty credit for going with Urquidy last night, sticking with Abreu all year and for playing the long game in general.

Haters will say he didn't have a choice, but as he likes to prove to us sometimes, there are always other options out there.

For example, I hate Maldy being out there but we are in the ALCS again and I'm willing to accept that maybe a HOF manager knows more about how the intangibles make a difference in the outcome than a bunch of dorks like me on a message board.
tjack16
AG
Fun pieces of info

- This is the first time during this 7 straight that the Astros will not be playing an AL East team in the ALCS

- Also, no team from the central division has made the LCS since the Cubs lost to LA in 2017
The Porkchop Express
W said:

kb2001 said:

Furlock Bones said:

this is really a fascinating chart

didn't realize how much the expansion franchises have struggled*

Marlins and Rockies -- entered in 1993

Rays and D-Backs -- entered in 1998

very few LCS appearances in 25 to 30 seasons
The expansion franchise plus our two pals the Mariners and Rangers - doing business since 1977 and 1972, respectively
AggieDub25
BadAggie said:

Costas: 'Is it truly a "World" Series without New York or Los Angeles represented?'

Once you realize that's the basis of his commentary you tune him out

Yes Bob. It is indeed still a World Series without those 2 trash cities. Unlike college football Bob, the media darlings aren't given an unfair advantage to make it to the championship game. You see, we actually play the game on the field in this sport.
Big Bucks
AG
Good morning from the east coast all of you magnificent *******s! Looking forward to more nights of less than ideal sleep this month. Been a nice problem the last several years!
texasaggie2015
AG
JDUB08AG said:

I can't say definitively what role… but he's been offered a spot on the staff next year.
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

JDUB08AG said:

I can't say definitively what role… but he's been offered a spot on the staff next year.

I'm fine with that. As long as he's not getting 400+ at bats next season
texasaggie2015
AG

Good morning fellas
First Page Last Page
Page 2831 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.