***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,148,791 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
AggieDub25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

Costas trying to rationalize the Dodgers failings.

"It's such a grind nowadays. It's not like you can just roll into the LCS every year."

Hey Bob. Look this way will yah? Yo. Bob. Over here.

Interesting take when you have that exact scenario playing out in the exact same sport currently
amercer
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Hey the Astros were there the last three times the Yankees made it!
scrimp
AG
As far as the "First LCS with teams from the same state" thing.... It is pretty cool, but there aren't that many combos that could happen. As previously mentioned, it would have to be California (A's/Angels or Dodgers/Giants/Padres), Pennsylvania (Pirates/Phillies) or Texas (Astros/Rangers). All other states with 2 teams are opposite leagues (Florida, Illinois, New York, Missouri, Ohio, and DC/Maryland if you want to count that). More likely to happen now with the expanded playoffs.

Interestingly enough, two teams from the same state in the world series has happened 21 times.

Furlock Bones
AG
iamtheglove
Tuned into the dodgers game just in time to hear a 10 minute soliloquy from Costas on why Dave Roberts is actually a brilliant manager. Then notice the extra wide shot from the center field camera that seems to be framed to emphasize the backstop advertising rather than covering the game. Finally they mention Keke Hernandez and a strange chicken cackling sound effect plays just as the cut to a shot of him. This is a bizarre bottom of the 6th.
BadAggie
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I mean glad to see him get hot at the right time as it won playoff games

Also glad to see him get off the snide as he's had a heck of a career and much better player than his struggles this year.

Bioish
AG
RIP my wallet when I have to buy Astros' Tickets on the second-hand market
Furlock Bones
AG
BadAggie said:

Mathguy64 said:

Costas trying to rationalize the Dodgers failings.

"It's such a grind nowadays. It's not like you can just roll into the LCS every year."

Hey Bob. Look this way will yah? Yo. Bob. Over here.

Lol. Costas should help end any illusions that sports media offers any real insights.

Other than loving every time the fraudgers lose, I don't have a dog in this fight. So I can objectively say Costas is truly ****ing terrible. He must honestly believe people are tuning in to listen to him talk. So many pitches that we waits until the ball is leaving the pitcher's hand to interject so bull***** It's so terrible.
Buck Compton
AG
amercer said:

Furlock Bones said:

Hey the Astros were there the last three times the Yankees made it!
Second thing my eyes jumped to after reading the top few teams was the Rangers finally getting out of a tie for second to last.

And then I saw the number. This chart means that in 2009, the Rangers were the only team who had NEVER been to an LCS. And they talk like their franchise is somehow superior.
SW-14
AG
For some reason I want to punch everyone in that taco bell commercial. Can't figure out why…
BCEDAg
AG
Only 8 more wins…..
linkdude
AG
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what
kb2001
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

That account has a lot of things that are too believable. Good parody
Prosperdick
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Prosperdick said:

ESPN homepage has WNBA. Never change ESPN, never change.
You can customize the view to eliminate sports you don't care about.
I don't care...it's absurd that the casual fan gets the WNBA on their splash screen when the MLB is in full swing. They should be ashamed but I guess it's all reflected in the shareholder price of the Mouse.
Prosperdick
AG
Bob Lee said:

AggieDub25 said:

Man, what a ride. Seriously. 7 straight ALCS. This has to be a baseball mathematical impossibility.

It can't be overstated. Back when the Braves did it, you didn't have to win a divisional round to reach the LCS until 95 while they were in the middle of their run. To win an elimination round 7 straight seasons is not likely to be duplicated for a very, very long time. The Dodger and Braves last year and maybe now this year are proof of how difficult it is.
They also had the benefit of a strike zone wider than last night's HPU's ass.
Silent For Too Long
Doyers showing life.
MelvinUdall
Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Prosperdick said:

ESPN homepage has WNBA. Never change ESPN, never change.
You can customize the view to eliminate sports you don't care about.
I don't care...it's absurd that the casual fan gets the WNBA on their splash screen when the MLB is in full swing. They should be ashamed but I guess it's all reflected in the shareholder price of the Mouse.

Their splash page is based on your history of viewing their app…
jkag89
Damn It! D-backs are letting the Effin' Dodgers back into this thing.
BadAggie
AG
Correa forced the Astros to go with Peña last season. Kinda funny he has any animosity there.

He lost out on a 10 year mega deal, twice, because apparently his body is brittle AF.

Heck of a player and a part of Astros history but that's kinda worked out for the Astros

If you didn't know any better you'd think he was a MVP candidate this season watching the playoffs instead of turning in a particularly forgettable performance
Prosperdick
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Little brother 6th from the bottom.
Prosperdick
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Aside from Neris first batter or two, bullpen was NAILS! A little worried about Pressly after the stumble off the mound and how he was flexing his right wrist/hand.

But damn, what a clutch win to close this series!
Well if he's hurt he sure dotted up that last strike!
Bioish
AG
BadAggie said:

Correa forced the Astros to go with Peña last season. Kinda funny he has any animosity there.

He lost out on a 10 year mega deal, twice, because apparently his body is brittle AF.

Heck of a player and a part of Astros history but that's kinda worked out for the Astros

If you didn't know any better you'd think he was a MVP candidate this season watching the playoffs instead of turning in a particularly forgettable performance
Daniella was rough on his ribs
Ag_07
AG
Prosperdick said:

An L of an Ag said:

Aside from Neris first batter or two, bullpen was NAILS! A little worried about Pressly after the stumble off the mound and how he was flexing his right wrist/hand.

But damn, what a clutch win to close this series!
Well if he's hurt he sure dotted up that last strike!

Damn that was such a beautiful pitch!
AustinCountyAg
Great series win. Obligatory F Dusty!!!
Cromagnum
AG
Could you imagine a championship series that's the Astros, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, and Phillies? The blue bloods may just petition to cancel the whole damn thing.
Mathguy64
AG
That's chart is crazy. Pittsburg and Cincy haven't been since the 90s.

And Miami only twice. Both times as a WC team. And both times they won a ring.
agdaddy04
AG
Looking at the LCS chart is a reminder of how fleeting these good times can be. Cherish them. Look at Reds and Pirates.
BadAggie
AG
Mets and Giants probably gave their team physicians bonuses after seeing Correa's performance this season. $300+ mil for a .711 OPS in his first year?

McInnis
AG
scrimp said:

Interestingly enough, two teams from the same state in the world series has happened 21 times.

I'm sure the big majority of those were the Yankees beating the NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers.
Harry Dunne
kb2001 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Boiling Denim said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Correa has to be questioning his decision making by now

Ehh he got his bag and broke the Twins playoff streak. They should be back in it again next year. He could become a Twins legend as well by the end of it
He ain't gonna be a Twins legend.

He's gonna be a player that they remember fondly that gives them 5 years, a couple of playoff appearances and about 600 games before he gets traded at the deadline towards the end of his contract.

Coulda had his number retired for the Astros and been a real legend with all the rings & postseason records.
5 years? He'll be shopping himself again this off-season. There's a reason he included a player option for every year of his Twins contract. He wants 10 years 350MM in a big market, and he almost got it, it was only blocked by uncertainty about his leg from the medical.
His new deal does not have opt outs.

Even if it did, he's not getting anywhere near what he's currently making from anyone else after a .711 OPS season and a 1.4 WAR.
Mathguy64
AG
Watching the Dodgers I kind of want LA to win tonight. Because I want to see Kershaw get shelled tomorrow.
Prosperdick
AG
Someone needs to put together a compilation of all the Fox and FS1 calls of Astro home runs this ALDS then show all the other home run calls to show the disparity, it's ridiculous.
scrimp
AG
Yes, looks like that was the case in 13 of the 21.

WS played by teams from same state
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Please tell me we're not stuck with AJ again for ALCS? Dude sucks so much…. Really wish I knew what the Astros did to him because he hates us
First Page Last Page
Page 2829 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.