***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,515,230 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

Has anybody done Standing room only for playoffs? Is it worth it?

Thinking of doing that for a potential game 6 or 7 ALCS since I didnt get presale

I liked it. Better than nosebleed seats, in my opinion, but it helps when you have a group with you. Tough to keep your spot with beer and restroom trips.
htxag09
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

Thinking of doing that for a potential game 6 or 7 ALCS since I didnt get presale

I liked it. Better than nosebleed seats, in my opinion, but it helps when you have a group with you. Tough to keep your spot with beer and restroom trips.
I feel like it also depends on the game and the attendants. Some times they power trip, I've seen them booting people from being near the rails in front of the Insperity Club seats that were posted earlier. Other times I've seen people lined in front of the brick wall with no issue.
CFTXAG10
AG
htxag09 said:

Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

I feel like it also depends on the game and the attendants. Some times they power trip, I've seen them booting people from being near the rails in front of the Insperity Club seats that were posted earlier. Other times I've seen people lined in front of the brick wall with no issue.
This. You just gotta find the right spot and the right attendants. Maybe dress up in custodian or food concession uniform and have your pick of the litter.
BadAggie
AG

Pray for six scoreless from Urquidy tonight.

Wabs
AG
BadAggie said:

Pray for six scoreless from Urquidy tonight.

txags92
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Honest question. What would you actually be willing to pay monthly/yearly to posses a channel that shows Astros and rockets games as well as their PR coverage and maybe a few other random things?
I'd pay $10-15/month for the Astros during the season, but I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel to watch the Rockets.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Honest question. What would you actually be willing to pay monthly/yearly to posses a channel that shows Astros and rockets games as well as their PR coverage and maybe a few other random things?
at least $74.99 because thats what I pay for Fubo. Until football season starts, I don't really watch anything other than baseball on it.
AggieJ2002
AG
Definitely feel we are in the midst of a "modern dynasty" regardless of what happens this year, and as far as MLB goes, what the 'Stros have done is about as much of a dynasty as you are ever going to get again IMO. With the new playoff format and the added wild card series, it just feels impossible for any team to really go on a run to so many LCS appearances in a row, let alone winning multiple World Series at a rate of some teams in the past where it was strictly a World Series champion between the 2 best regular season's team.

I have to admit, the '96-2000 run from the Yankees where they won 4 out of 5 World Series titles in the Division series era is unbelievably impressive (and adding 2 more WS appearances the next 3 years). A lot has to go right for that to happen. It's not enough to just be good and spend 3x the payroll of everyone else.
wangus12
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Bochy is 13-1 in his last 14 playoff series
He probably invented hacking pitch coms
The Porkchop Express
AG
Bob Lee said:

If the 1970s Reds are a dynasty, then we are a dynasty. In 10 years they:
1. Went to 6 LCS
2. Won 4 pennants
3. Won 2 WS championships

The Astros did that in 6 years and change.

I don't understand how they're almost universally considered a dynasty, and there's some debate about whether or not this Astros run is a dynasty.
And they also had a massive cheater on the team!

jkag89
The Porkchop Express said:

Bob Lee said:

1. Went to 6 LCS
2. Won 4 pennants

I don't understand how they're almost universally considered a dynasty, and there's some debate about whether or not this Astros run is a dynasty.

Rose did not cheat. He gambled on games he was managing.
texasaggie2015
AG
And never against his team.
AggieDub04
AG
Supposedly. I can imagine he went more all in on games he bet on and less so on games he didn't. Pitch his closer up 5 type of things.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jkag89 said:

Bob Lee said:

1. Went to 6 LCS
2. Won 4 pennants

You guys are the place where humor goes to die.
BMX Bandit
texasaggie2015 said:

And never against his team.
that may be true, but not exactly a credible source.

rose said he never bet on baseball as manager or player, then admitted he did as a manager

rose then insisted he never bet on baseball while a player, then documents showed he did
FrioAg 00
AG
There is zero denying the Astros are a dynasty already.

If we make it to 2 more LCS (one game away this year) and manage to turn one of them into another WS victory, we are in the center of the conversation for BEST DYNASTY EVER.

We are already the 2nd most consecutive LCS appearances ever. That ends any question about whether we are a dynasty.
CoachAg19
AG
There's absolutely no question it's a dynasty. 6 straight LCS appearances with a 7th looming plus 2 WS titles and still in the hunt for another one. Will the media acknowledge this? No, they wont.

The crazy thing is that most people don't want to admit, is that we aren't anywhere close to being done. If we stay healthy, I could see this run going for another 2-3 years easily.
Class of 2010
Mathguy64
AG
Can you people stop talking about playing in a 7th ALCS, playing the rangerettes, playing in ANYTHING but the game tonight?

Now I have to go post hood karma tits to fix this. And I don't have time for this right now.

Wabs
AG
I'd have to look all this crap up for comparison, but what dynasties have there been since say 1960?

A's?
Reds?
Yankees?
Braves?

I would think this Astros run would be a close comparison. What we need to leave no doubt is a back-to-back championship.
All I do is Nguyen
Those don't look like HOOD karma tits. Was expecting more of a street grunge vibe, and less sally home maker.

I'll take it tho
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Mr.Bond
AG
As tremendous of a run as Atlanta had there is no way in hell I can call anything a dynasty when it has a total of one championships during that run
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BadAggie
AG
Alvarez, Bregman, and Chas have multiple hits and each a HR off Ryan.

Overall the team had a successful approach yesterday v Gray. One would expect they will prep the same for Ryan.

All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Wabs
AG
The Twins do realize the Astros are playing in literally the exact same conditions, right? Do the Astros have some kind of magic eyes or something? That crap is ridiculous.
jkag89

jkag89 said:

Bob Lee said:

1. Went to 6 LCS
2. Won 4 pennants

You guys are the place where humor goes to die.
Sorry
n_touch
Wabs said:

The Twins do realize the Astros are playing in literally the exact same conditions, right? Do the Astros have some kind of magic eyes or something? That crap is ridiculous.
Buzzers in contact lenses that auto feed the pitchcom notifications and use lighting technology that blocks out everything but the baseball. Some of them also have a feature that is tied to their audio senses and blocks out all crowd noise.

Wabs
AG
n_touch said:

Wabs said:

Buzzers in contact lenses that auto feed the pitchcom notifications and use lighting technology that blocks out everything but the baseball. Some of them also have a feature that is tied to their audio senses and blocks out all crowd noise.

Yes! That's it! Get this to Jomboy now!
agproducer
AG
They are celebrating, but STILL thinking of the Astros.

htxag09
AG
Astros own prime real estate in the head of Bally sports
Buck Compton
AG
agproducer said:

wE dON't CaRe aBOuT hOUstOn!! /rangers and their fans
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Buck Compton said:

agproducer said:

wE dON't CaRe aBOuT hOUstOn!! /rangers and their fans

Nothing screams little brother louder than copying the slogan of the traditional superpower in your division.
Big Al 1992
AG
Raving about Yordan on MLB network all morning. Best hitter in the league.
W
AG
Wabs said:

I'd have to look all this crap up for comparison, but what dynasties have there been since say 1960?

A's?
Reds?
Yankees?
Braves?

I would think this Astros run would be a close comparison. What we need to leave no doubt is a back-to-back championship.
perhaps hard to believe...

but the Astros have matched the Big Red Machine of the 1970's

the Reds had a 7 season run (1970-1976) of 4 World Series appearances and 2 titles plus 5 NLCS appearances
cone
AG
Quote:

perhaps hard to believe...
not hard to believe at all
First Page Last Page
Page 2786 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.