***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,515,213 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll see how Javier does in game 3 but I think it's gonna be clear who our 2nd starter is after that. Framber was tonight who he's been since the All Star break
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

AggiEE said:

Has Javier pitched to Diaz at all this season?

You'd think with us going back to Minnesota 1-1, the momentum/advantage shifts to the Twins and you'd want to put your best lineup in especially after this pathetic offense tonight.

Yes he has, but we all know who will start that game

Game 3 is going to tell me all I need to know on whether the FO has any say in lineups.

I don't think there's any excuse not to start Diaz.
spadilly
S
Just tip your hat to Lopez tonight for the way he pitched us, regroup, and go win the next two.
tjack16
AG
We can blame Framber, and he sucked tonight.

But it's pretty hard to win a game scoring zero runs. Statistics say if you score zero runs… you are unlikely to win.
AggiEE
spadilly said:

Just tip your hat to Lopez tonight for the way he pitched us, regroup, and go win the next two.

Yah, if there's any consolation...

If we are getting Garbage Framber, at least we wasted him against the Twins' best starter with this terrible offense tonight. Wouldn't have mattered if Framber pitched a gem.

I feel better about these other matchups going forward.
Beau Holder
AG
Pretty concerned about all the advantages going the Twins way in game 3 but I hope worst case they can get it to 5 and hand the ball to Verlander again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

AggiEE said:

You'd think with us going back to Minnesota 1-1, the momentum/advantage shifts to the Twins and you'd want to put your best lineup in especially after this pathetic offense tonight.

Game 3 is going to tell me all I need to know on whether the FO has any say in lineups.

Especially after how maldy played in Minnesota earlier this year. Remember how many passed balls he had there that he blamed on the "glare"? I really hope diaz gets the start, but I have no confidence it will happen.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Bullpen has been nails though except Dusty throwing Ana em out there for another inning
1836er
AG
That was a good 8th by Montero.
redline248
AG
I wonder how much different this all would have gone if Framber had been good. Opposing pitcher never felt pressure with the big lead, our batters probably felt every pitch was high leverage.

Oh well. Relax and see if we can scratch a couple across if for nothing more than a little feel good going home tonight.
1836er
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

AggiEE said:

tjack16
AG
You know it's bad when the "game recap" video shown at the stadium is all crowd shots and 2 defensive plays
bullard21k
AG
tjack16 said:

But it's pretty hard to win a game scoring zero runs. Statistics say if you score zero runs… you are unlikely to win.

The problem is that our rotation (especially Framber) gives up a ton if early runs since the ASB and the lineup then starts pressing as a result.

We have got to be one of the worst teams in the mlb the last month or so giving up runs inning 1-2

It puts you in a difficult hole to come out of. Like starting a FB game in the hole 17-0 after 5 minutes and your offense starts changing the pregame plan as a result
wessimo
AG
spadilly said:

Great story, seems like a great dude. Now go win the next two.
BayAg_14
This guys scorecard is going to be a mess.
1836er
AG
I was displeased with that all on Altuve as well.
BQRyno
AG
They don't need your help blue.
AggiEE
bullard21k said:

tjack16 said:

The problem is that our rotation (especially Framber) gives up a ton if early runs since the ASB and the lineup then starts pressing as a result.

We have got to be one of the worst teams in the mlb the last month or so giving up runs inning 1-2

It puts you in a difficult hole to come out of. Like starting a FB game in the hole 17-0 after 5 minutes and your offense starts changing the pregame plan as a result

Walks continue to kill us too

You can't start getting into ball 3 counts in the first inning and expect a good outcome in the playoffs.

Go after the hitters. If they hit a solo home run, who gives a ****, that's more rare than the predictable walk-> advanced runner to 2nd --> hit = run
BadAggie
AG
Lol ump has called 2 balls strikes on Altuve
PoppaB05
AG
Seriously f this ump
Hulla Baller
AG
None of those pitches were strikes…
Bondag
AG
Should have been a 4 pitch walk
Wabs
AG
Just calling everything a strike.
BadAggie
AG

agdaddy04
AG
Okay I did not think he got all of that. Wow
BadAggie
AG
Hey, runs
PhatMack19
AG
Need 2 more of those
1836er
AG
that'll do Yordon!
redline248
AG
Incredible. Didn't even look like he got it
tjack16
AG
Alright now we can really blame Framber
wessimo
AG
DONG!!!!
Post removed:
by user
kb2001
AG
Finally, some life out the lineup. Keep hammering the bullpen
BadAggie
AG
BS calls on Altuve cost a run, we'll see if it matters
Hulla Baller
AG
But it should have been a 3 run homerun. Just saying
First Page Last Page
Page 2730 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.