***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,516,894 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
PoppaB05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playoff Kershaw doing playoff Kershaw things

…oof
Boiling Denim
You hate to see it
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Kershaw looks old

He's only 35. He's been around forever but he's quite a bit younger than Verlander-Scherzer-Greinke.
PoppaB05
AG
But more than that, You love to see it
All I do is Nguyen
Make it 5-0 now
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
htxag09
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Playoff Kershaw doing playoff Kershaw things

…oof

Costas seems to be taking it rough. Not a great showing after his 15 minute opening epilogue of him being the best ever.
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
6-0 D-Backs
htxag09
AG
There are the boo birds
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Kershaw looks old

He's only 35. He's been around forever but he's quite a bit younger than Verlander-Scherzer-Greinke.

He's also got a lot of miles on him. I think they were hoping he could go 4 plus.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Kershaw looks old

He's also got a lot of miles on him. I think they were hoping he could go 4 plus.

Dodgers have a serious pitching problem. I was wondering why the books were so high on them. Injuries & domestic violence took their toll. If they made that E-Rod deal things would be much better for them but they had to settle for Lynn.
All I do is Nguyen
How crazy would it be that the Astros may be the only home team to win today
No matter what!
Post removed:
by user
BayAg_14
Kershaw in October. Woof.
PoppaB05
AG
I'm rooting for a Dbacks -Philly NLCS because that's a worst case scenario for MLB and f*** them and Manfred
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yordan is special. The Trout, Ohtani, Judge, Acuna, & Betts conversation and hype needs to include 44. And he's only 26 with 5 more years of control. He's got a chance to go down at the Astros goat.

Correct
bearkatag15
AG
Did Lance Lynn make their playoff roster? He might be their best bet at a starter going deep
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
bearkatag15 said:

Did Lance Lynn make their playoff roster? He might be their best bet at a starter going deep
Yes
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Kershaw looks old

Dodgers have a serious pitching problem. I was wondering why the books were so high on them. Injuries & domestic violence took their toll. If they made that E-Rod deal things would be much better for them but they had to settle for Lynn.

Yep. And now Sheehan has to come in T1 of game 1. I really think they were hoping he would be a tandem with Kershaw. Now he's it in a losing battle.

I just don't see how their pitching gets pieced together at this point. That have to pray they can out slug AZ.
All I do is Nguyen
Wonder if Kershaw was tipping
No matter what!
bearkatag15
AG
Thanks. I was clearly being lazy. Appreciate you
jkag89
The Astros showed the D-Backs how to hack pitchcom in order to throw the final series of the season.
PoppaB05
AG
Yordan is special and extremely underrated, I think because he's on a team with Altuve/Verlander and is incorrectly thought of as a power hitting DH.

However, he's going to have to do a whole lot to pass Altuve for Astros goat. I want it to happen because that means several more parades.
Mathguy64
AG
I love playoff small sample stats.

Kershaw now has a 2023 playoff ERA of 162.00 and a WHIP of 21.00
bearkatag15
AG
PoppaB05 said:

Yordan is special and extremely underrated, I think because he's on a team with Altuve/Verlander and is incorrectly thought of as a power hitting DH.

However, he's going to have to do a whole lot to pass Altuve for Astros goat. I want it to happen because that means several more parades.
I'm not sure he will have the longevity to pass Altuve over an entire career. But he will have some really awesome early career numbers
JB!98
AG
Oh yeah, Redheads for Astros! Keep it going.

Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Post removed:
by user
kb2001
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

How crazy would it be that the Astros may be the only home team to win today
Especially given the Astros home record this season
jkag89
Are you allowed to use a position player to pitch in the postseason? It is hard to imagine one doing a lot worse the this.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Dodgers and Braves getting p-whipped at home? What is this, 2022?
kb2001
AG
jkag89 said:

Are you allowed to use a position player to pitch in the postseason? It is hard to imagine one doing a lot worse the this.
I would think the same rules apply as in the regular season, but I don't know for sure
AggiEE
JV starting was the right move, IMHO. He had a great game today and will be an option should it go to G5. Framber probably has a better ability to pitch on short rest too, so could also go G5 if we need him to, but I don't think JV would had he started G2.

I just hope we get good Framber tomorrow. Unfortunately Maldy is going to be a permanent fixture into the lineup. As predicted, they won't even bother giving Diaz a chance at catcher as a late game substitution. That was thrown out the window when they didn't pick up a 3rd catcher on the roster.

It's insanity that someone as talented as Diaz will effectively not be playing hardly at all unless Brantley doesn't play.
First Page Last Page
Page 2702 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.