***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,522,358 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
OKCAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carlos Correa with another defensive play of the game
Mathguy64
AG
Wow. Vladdy just committed a massive tootblan getting picked off 2B. What a bad bad play.
Beau Holder
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Carlos Correa with another defensive play of the game

He's a winner. Plain and simple.
cone
AG
Carl having a pretty good lil series
MosesHallRAB04
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Football without hesitation.

Wrong
Prosperdick
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Wrong
I know we still have a few more days until Astros baseball but for the love of God can we not have a "I'd rather the Aggies lose than Astros" debate on this thread. I know I wouldn't shut up about Dusty or Maldy but for the most part, people agreed with my takes.

I don't want to read any negative football takes on an Astros thread so lets just stick to the games happening this week and when Ketch is going to disclose which veterans (rightly) can't stand Dusty.
LB12Diamond
AG
Slurve?

Slider/Curve?

How does that work.
Prosperdick
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Looking forward to a fun sports weekend:
Astros hopefully separate themselves form the Rangers and Ms
Aggies make a statement win over Auburn and the Cowboys keep rolling against AZ even without Diggs.

Without hesitation I'd take trade an Astros sweep for the Ags getting smashed by Auburn. Ags seasons ceiling in SEC is .500 at best and I seriously doubt they can even do that.
Exhibit A of horrible takes that I don't want on this thread. Yes, I realize I'm violating my own court order. Also, your take was bad and you should feel bad.
Satellite of Love
LB12Diamond said:

Slurve?

Slider/Curve?

How does that work.

Think of it like a fast curveball.
Beau Holder
AG
You're saying posters on a baseball thread aren't allowed to have a preference for baseball?

I hope both teams win and agree that's a useless debate. But I'll be watching the Stros.
Mathguy64
AG
Three hits the next inning after the Vlad screw up. Oh what could have been.
Beau Holder
AG
Not only that, Chapman was a foot to the left of tying it on that liner and then immediately grounded into a DP. Cruel baseball gods.

I'd like for the Jays to win this one so the Twins don't cruise into Houston.
stoneca
Blue Jays squander bases loaded 1 out

Looks like we'll be playing the Twins
cap-n-jack
I don't know if all MLB pitchers throw these the same way but I thought it was interesting.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I willing to sacrifice the tu vs ou result to get Astros in 3, Aggies by 31 over Bama and Texans by 17 over Atlanta. Tu can wait another year to beat ou.
Prosperdick
AG
Beau Holder said:

You're saying posters on a baseball thread aren't allowed to have a preference for baseball?

I hope both teams win and agree that's a useless debate. But I'll be watching the Stros.
Nope...I'm saying I don't want any bad juju for the Aggies on an Astros baseball thread. Keep it to baseball only and no hypotheticals where users sh*t on the Aggies to show how much they love the Stros.
wangus12
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Wrong

The answer is neither for me because I'm cursed. Which ever of my sports teams I try to watch live in big games is destined to blow it. Just the cross I have to bear for my incredible talents and good looks
Mr President Elect
AG
Beau Holder said:

As he says on an A&M forum
tjack16
AG
Let's hope this weekend is just like the ALDS in 2018

- Aggies win overtime game vs #13 Kentucky
- Astros go up 2-0 on Cleveland
Post removed:
by user
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

BayAg_14 said:

Wrong
I know we still have a few more days until Astros baseball but for the love of God can we not have a "I'd rather the Aggies lose than Astros" debate on this thread. I know I wouldn't shut up about Dusty or Maldy but for the most part, people agreed with my takes.

I don't want to read any negative football takes on an Astros thread so lets just stick to the games happening this week and when Ketch is going to disclose which veterans (rightly) can't stand Dusty.
Great post!

Personally, I'd trade another Astros World Series for the A&M football team never winning another game for the rest of the century. One team gives me joy, the other is the place where dreams go to die.
PhatMack19
AG
Lazy from Bichette on an easy double play ball
Mathguy64
AG
Jays playing like Rays. They just aren't sharp.
Beau Holder
AG
The ESPN commentary isn't rising to the crowd and the moment in this game.
BayAg_14
This hurt my eyes. I'd give away every WS ring for an Aggie NC.
Mathguy64
AG
2 outs B7 and Jays are having to use Romano. It's now or never.
The Porkchop Express
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Well, I'm going to tell you straight pal, you are never going to see A&M football win a national championship. I encourage you to respond, so we can keep this A&M football debate going on the Astros board, per Prosperdick's wishes.
Mathguy64
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Having watched Aggie football over more than 40 years only to have them find literally every way imaginable to **** the bed, you could give up WS rings for the rest of your life and they would still find unknown ways to not win a NC.
Beau Holder
AG
It's still not clear to me why Berrios was pulled to begin with.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

BayAg_14 said:

Well, I'm going to tell you straight pal, you are never going to see A&M football win a national championship. I encourage you to respond, so we can keep this A&M football debate going on the Astros board, per Prosperdick's wishes.

correct go back to the other boards this thread is for winners not Aggie sports
Mathguy64
AG
Beau Holder said:

It's still not clear to me why Berrios was pulled to begin with.
It's playoff baseball. The time of the year when every manager turns into Dave Roberts and overmanages the game from the minute they finish their morning bowl or Cheerios.
BayAg_14
The Porkchop Express said:

BayAg_14 said:

Not with that attitude.
Ag4life80
AG
Interesting adds from the PBS show last night. I thought it was well done and covered the major points I was hoping for. Mainly, Beltran and Cora led the way and that winning the World Series in the aftermath of Harvey forever cemented the Astros as Houston's team, no matter the scope of the scandal.
PhatMack19
AG
Twins pitcher just got trucked
Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2672 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.