***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,522,795 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
txags11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy crap Longo what a play!!!
Mathguy64
AG
DBacks on their 5th arm in 5 innings. This is not a recipe for success.

And they get out of a mess with a great DP.
All I do is Nguyen
Yall HOW did the Dbacks get out of that with bases loaded no outs without giving up a run?
Pahdz
atmosphere was great at Target Field today, I get the Twins haven't won a playoff game in 19 years but holy crap did the crowd lose their mind at the end. We had a guy jump the field, people tossing beers in the air and on the field. C'mon what are you guys Ranger fans?
jkag89
tjack16 said:

astroaggie27 said:

Looking to be perfect weather for games 1 and 2. Chances we open the roof?

Don't give me that closed roof advantage crap after our play at home this year

I loved it being open last year for the ALCS …feels like a different stadium completely and it's great

Yep. Love it. Only been to one Astros game with the roof open but multiple college games with it open.
tjack16
AG
It's the best. Especially at night. I've always been a believer that the roof should be open unless it's raining or above 90 outside
agproducer
AG
Correa, man. *****

Just an Ag
AG
jkag89 said:

tjack16 said:

astroaggie27 said:

Looking to be perfect weather for games 1 and 2. Chances we open the roof?

Don't give me that closed roof advantage crap after our play at home this year

I loved it being open last year for the ALCS …feels like a different stadium completely and it's great

Yep. Love it. Only been to one Astros game with the roof open but multiple college games with it open.
As said, a different atmosphere at Minute Maid may be the tonic this team needs. It may feel like a road game!
maca1028

SIAP. Not a fan of AJ calling these games
Satellite of Love
Have we talked about each playoff team having a former Astros player? Do the Rangers know they have several on their squad?
Jackal99
AG
jkag89 said:

Jackal99 said:

I'm sure it's been asked already (so I apologize for any repeat), but is there any sense of what time Sunday's game might start? My son really wants to go, but we have a few commitments earlier in the day.
I'm fairly certain they won't set game times until the match ups are set.
I figured as much. Just wasn't sure if there are set times for the two Sunday games, and maybe could get a better idea of which time slot the Astros would wind up with.
ClickClack
AG
Why is marlins man at the brewers / dbacks game while the marlins are playing? That guy is such an attention hoar
bearkatag15
AG

No clue if this guy knows anything
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
BadAggie
AG
ClickClack said:

Why is marlins man at the brewers / dbacks game while the marlins are playing? That guy is such an attention hoar

Dude wants to live so not in Philly
ClickClack
AG
BadAggie said:

ClickClack said:

Good point. Could be.
Ag_07
AG
Wouldn't surprise me to see Philly make a deep run on the NL side.

They just look a solid team that gets up for October ball.
OKCAg2002
AG
BadAggie said:

ClickClack said:

I can't imagine what that guy spends on tickets. I mean good for him. He obviously has the means to do it. But it has to be in the hundreds of thousands over the course of his "career."
CFTXAG10
AG
Tick too long for Wheeler but great outing
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Altuve is #1, JV is #2, Maldy #3
Maldy over Bregs and Tucker...that's awful. Heck, over Uncle Mike...over LMJ?

They're all better players for sure, and I would want any of them up in a clutch situation, but Maldy's knowledge of the game is very appealing to me. The at-bat he had in the WS against the Braves a couple of years back really solidified it for me. In a game that is so painfully about advanced stats and percentages where I don't even know what the acronym means, much less what the statistic means, I really appreciate watching guys who grasp the mental side of the game.
CFTXAG10
AG
Damn. Yuli had a great chance to tie it
The Porkchop Express
AG
agproducer said:

Correa, man. *****

There should be a 30 for 30 on the Twins' third baseman there, sprinting in, totally whiffs it, turns around, realizes nobody is covering third, then grasps that if he doesn't duck, he's going to get a 400-MPH Correa relay throw to the face.
Mr.Bond
AG
Watching Philly Miami...... I forgot how much I hate Philadelphia fans and their **** hole town
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

nickstro66
AG
Beat40
This home plate ump for the Phillies/Marlins game has had some really bad calls.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beat40 said:

This home plate ump for the Phillies/Marlins game has had some really bad calls.
Bad news: He's working the A&M-Alabama game on Saturday.
Post removed:
by user
Beat40
There can't be a more invincible feeling that being a catcher throwing a runner out.
astros4545
AG
Beat40 said:

There can't be a more invincible feeling that being a catcher throwing a runner out.
That catcher sprung outta that stance and fired like he had a rocket up his ass

awesome throw
PhatMack19
AG
Big insurance runs for AZ
BadAggie
AG
Bregxit said:

OKCAg2002 said:

BadAggie said:

ClickClack said:

I can't imagine what that guy spends on tickets. I mean good for him. He obviously has the means to do it. But it has to be in the hundreds of thousands over the course of his "career."

Dude owns a worker's comp law firm and works a few hours a day while he is on the road. He is loooooooooooaded.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlins_Man
Mathguy64
AG
Counsell always struck me as being a weasel. I'm not a fan.
PhatMack19
AG
13 pitchers used so far in this game. Will be 14 when Az brings in their closer for the 9th. It's only 6-3
Post removed:
by user
fullback44
AG
Wish we could play the Dbacks somehow …6 pitchers in game 1

Ho Lee Chit..he just said 7 ( they just corrected it from 8) used by Councel ? Is that possible ?
Mr.Bond
AG
PhatMack19 said:

13 pitchers used so far in this game. Will be 14 when Az brings in their closer for the 9th. It's only 6-3

It's astonishing to me the complete over management by managers year after year in the post season
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

First Page Last Page
Page 2664 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.