***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,526,080 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Bob Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It absolutely is a privilege. But feels wrong to allow all these proven people who did actual despicable things to women back but then Tyler Bauer gets made an example of for something that seems mostly fabricated (based on his story).

Unfortunately for him, women now have the power to ruin your life with impunity, and the threshold to be believed is literally just that they're women. It sounds like Bauer had some pretty debased sexual proclivities. The best thing these guys can do to stop this is to stop being promiscuous. I'm not saying that's what you get, but in real life this is just the way it is now. These organizations don't have the will or the spine to tell the mob to pound sand. I wish they would.
LarryBird
The Porkchop Express said:

LarryBird said:

It would be great if we could stop having to report back on the Rangers' thread hour by hour now that the playoffs have started.
Emily Jones thing is all over twitter. She's the tv host for rangers pre and post game.
Who cares? Does she play baseball? Some other random talking head having a piss fit on Twitter about the Astros.
you can ignore the post no? obviously you care/.....man people so testy on what gets posted on these threads they are not sacred ground
Ag_07
AG
Bauer deserves to be blackballed for being a shltty teammate, extremely difficult to deal with, and an overall fckn clown.

He shouldn't be blackballed for this skank's accusations.*

*Based on his side of the story I'm hearing today.
Farmer1906
AG

Another one bites the dust.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

This may be the worst article I have ever seen on the postseason.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2023-mlb-postseason-ranking-top-30-players-in-baseballs-playoffs-with-four-nl-mvp-candidates-in-top-five/
Montgomery and Gray? Are they drunk?

No TUCKER! Not even Semien.
BadAggie
AG
Lol 130 different Dusty lineups, various significant injuries, checked out for most of September, losing however many series, and still won the division.

Really hope the front office now has control over lineups, with the bye week now in good spot to make another postseason run.

Also huge if Urquidy can pitch as he did on Friday. That lessens the need for France or Brown to step up

All I do is Nguyen
Wow that is crazy.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2023-mlb-postseason-ranking-top-30-players-in-baseballs-playoffs-with-four-nl-mvp-candidates-in-top-five/

Semien is 9. 5 spots in front of the human Cuban Missile Launcher.
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Another one bites the dust.
After the interim partial year before I was surprised they bothered to bring him back this year.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Very slippery slope you've created there if you are referrign to criminality. "Shouldn't" isn't a legal term. Morality is a different matter altogether, and I happen to fully agree there, but that's not the standard of law.

She needs to go to prison and the MLB should absolutely reinstate him (no desire to see him wear an Astro uniform). Will be interesting to see the MLBPA's take on this one for sure.

ETA: GREAT BIG CAVEAT -- assuming what he said is true.
I didn't say anything about legally.

I'm just making a statement on what I took from the video. As he stated he wasn't criminally charged so she didn't really lie in a criminal procedure. I don't think she can be arrested for lieing, and he settled with her as I understood to stop the civil proceedings.

As far as MLB I agree he should be reinstated I wasn't addressing that either. But agree if my team, any team went after him I'd be disappointed
Beat40
tjack16 said:

I'd never sign Bauer even without all the legal stuff. He's one of, if not the biggest Astros hater in the MLB and continuously tried to stir up crap about us.

Also him throwing the ball over the fence. Locker room cancer IMO
I may be the only one who thought him throwing the ball over the center field wall from the pitcher's mound was awesome.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Who is Emily Jones and what did Astros fan allegedly do to her on Twitter?

That's what I was going to ask.

She is the side field reporter for the Rangers. She got upset at Tags tweet below;

She responded with something about how they only partied for 30mins and then went up against an Ace the next day. Then she tweeted again asking Astros fans to stop getting in her DMs calling her a skank. Then she deactivated her account.
1. Social media is a toxic disaster zone. We would all be better off if twitter/x/instagram/Facebook etc all ceased to exist yesterday.

2. They are here to stay and it's a toxic disaster zone. If you dip your toes into those waters, expect to have them bitten off by the human debris that travel in packs in those same waters.

3. Don't want to lose toes? Don't go near the water.

I'm not condoning this. People have no filter online and it draws the worst kind of humanity. But surely a team media personality knows this and knows how to handle it.
Do you not consider this social media? I do, I'd rather not ban all social media therefore.
Bondag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Wow that is crazy.

Captured by

https://instagr.am/p/Cx30AMkOF0v
Mathguy64
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Mathguy64 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Who is Emily Jones and what did Astros fan allegedly do to her on Twitter?

That's what I was going to ask.

She is the side field reporter for the Rangers. She got upset at Tags tweet below;

She responded with something about how they only partied for 30mins and then went up against an Ace the next day. Then she tweeted again asking Astros fans to stop getting in her DMs calling her a skank. Then she deactivated her account.
1. Social media is a toxic disaster zone. We would all be better off if twitter/x/instagram/Facebook etc all ceased to exist yesterday.

2. They are here to stay and it's a toxic disaster zone. If you dip your toes into those waters, expect to have them bitten off by the human debris that travel in packs in those same waters.

3. Don't want to lose toes? Don't go near the water.

I'm not condoning this. People have no filter online and it draws the worst kind of humanity. But surely a team media personality knows this and knows how to handle it.
Do you not consider this social media? I do, I'd rather not ban all social media therefore.

Is this board social media. Maybe. There are tons of message boards devoted to various topics and many have been around way before Mark Zuckerburg started creeping the hallways at Harvard.

Is what Liucci and the TA sports side does social media? Yes.

If you participate in Twitter you need to be prepared to take what that gives.
Project Gemini
AG
To be clear, TexAgs is definitely social media. And there are very toxic things that get posted around here a lot. The scope of this social media site makes it such that moderation has much more defined guardrails and in general, moderation here is free from complaints about "free speech" because this site is not intended to let users post about whatever they want. But really this is for another board, your points all stand regarding Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Rangers still choked and I hope Framber is doing lots of mental prep for the playoffs. Ace Framber can put the team on his back for entire games.
All I do is Nguyen
Need obese Framber to do obese no-hit Framber things
Prosperdick
AG
Talk about poetic justice....the rangerettes, after screwing us over during Hurricane Harvey where we ended up having to play our games in Tampa rather than our home ballpark, now get to travel across the country and play in Tampa rather than their home ballpark.

Sometimes I just love those baseball gods.
LarryBird
Prosperdick said:

Talk about poetic justice....the rangerettes, after screwing us over during Hurricane Harvey where we ended up having to play our games in Tampa rather than our home ballpark, now get to travel across the country and play in Tampa rather than their home ballpark.

Sometimes I just love those baseball gods.
Its funny everyone knows that whole organization is full of dbags expect them, they need some serious introspection.
Taxman90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

William Contreras slotted just above Yordan seems about right.
Farmer1906
AG
Taxman90 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yordan should be top 5 easily.

William Contraras has an excellent season tho. Brewers got a deal trading for him because the Braves had a hard on for Murphy.
BadAggie
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Need obese Framber to do obese no-hit Framber things

Dare I say we've seen "vintage" starts by JV, Urquidy, and Javier in the last week? If Framber can also get it together I think the starting pitching is where it needs to be.

For the bullpen, trust is in the order of

1. Nervis
2. Abreu

After that I guess you can maybe count on Pressly's postseason history. Brother Phil has had 4 good appearances to end the regular season. After that everyone else looks shaky: Graveman, Montero.

France and Brown will probably join the pen.

The pen feels less solid than last year. Montero's regression and the loss of Garcia are two big reasons.

Still, it's a very good staff and gives the Astros a good shot at another WS appearance.
wangus12
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Semien is 9. 5 spots in front of the human Cuban Missile Launcher.

My favorite is they call Semien the best 2nd baseman, but he's listed multiple spots behind Altuve
Mr President Elect
AG
Some of you guys are making this thread unbearable. Obsessing over some team that I'm sure some of our soon to be, playoff only posters, didn't even know existed, and actually probably still won't this year.
LilSebastian13
AG
Has anyone come back to see TAMUworkingAG yet??
Mr President Elect
AG
To his credit, he came back… to let us know he was right at the time
tailgatetimer10
AG
come on, he's busy working.
LilSebastian13
AG
I must have missed that. Too much going on on this thread to catch it all!
Prosperdick
AG
Mr President Elect said:

To his credit, he came back… to let us know he was right at the time
Put him on ignore.
concac
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Some of you guys are making this thread unbearable. Obsessing over some team that I'm sure some of our soon to be, playoff only posters, didn't even know existed, and actually probably still won't this year.
They're our rivals, right? They talk trash, we talk trash. It's harmless banter.
rosco511
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Taxman90 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yordan should be top 5 easily.

William Contraras has an excellent season tho. Brewers got a deal trading for him because the Braves had a hard on for Murphy.

And yet Contreras would have no chance being anything but a backup on the Astros.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Time for some light-hearted fun: Astros Anagrams

Alex Bregman = An Ex-Gambler
Jose Altuve = O, just leave!
Yordan Alvarez = Zany, Rad Lover
Jeremy Pena = Near My Jeep
Chas Kane McCormick = Mom Cracks a Chicken
Martin Maldonado = Martian Doom Land
Grae Kessinger = Geek's Ears Ring
Justin Verlander = Javelin Turns Red
Jonathan Patrick France = Pack tent in a jar of ranch.
Lance Graye McCullers = My legs cure all cancer.
kb2001
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

I'd never sign Bauer even without all the legal stuff. He's one of, if not the biggest Astros hater in the MLB and continuously tried to stir up crap about us.

Also him throwing the ball over the fence. Locker room cancer IMO
I may be the only one who thought him throwing the ball over the center field wall from the pitcher's mound was awesome.
The throw was awesome, the temper tantrum that led to it was an embarrassment. Enough to get him traded within 2 days. He's been a cancer in every clubhouse in his career, even at UCLA. Don't want him anywhere near Houston, and most MLB clubs feel the same way.
kb2001
AG

Oh yeah, NSFW
That's awesome!
Beau Holder
AG
Arlington fans are reaching for rageposting straws because they had high hopes to win the division all year just for it to get snatched away by the team they've already spent three quarters of a decade looking up at. It's a natural reaction but a worthless one from any other perspective. I don't care one little iota what they (or any salty message board fans really) have to say and I wish a lot of y'all would stop as well, it's a complete waste of time and not what we come to this thread to read.
Beau Holder
AG
Scrap Iron Ag said:

Time for some light-hearted fun: Astros Anagrams

Chas Kane McCormick = Mom Cracks a Chicken
Lance Graye McCullers = My legs cure all cancer.
First Page Last Page
Page 2651 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.