***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,528,531 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would love the opportunity to play the Braves again this season
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

W said:

tjack16 said:

Speaking of the Yankees. Is this the first postseason without either the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals this decade?

Feels like at least one of those teams is always in it
and along those lines...

it's the Astros, Braves, and Dodgers that are providing the "star power" for TV ratings for the playoffs (plus Bryce Harper)

as a result the wildcard series look a bit underwhelming -- especially compared to last year (Phillies-Cardinals and Padres-Mets)

I have a feeling the MLB execs are praying for an Astros vs Dodgers/Braves World Series rematch.

Dodgers vs Astros for the "2017 rematch" storyline. Braves vs Astros for the star power

Not sure if any other potential matchups are rating draws. Maybe LA vs Baltimore?

I would love to face the Braves again. We got revenge on everybody else already.
gougler08
AG
Cromagnum said:

tjack16 said:

W said:

tjack16 said:

Speaking of the Yankees. Is this the first postseason without either the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cardinals this decade?

Feels like at least one of those teams is always in it
and along those lines...

it's the Astros, Braves, and Dodgers that are providing the "star power" for TV ratings for the playoffs (plus Bryce Harper)

as a result the wildcard series look a bit underwhelming -- especially compared to last year (Phillies-Cardinals and Padres-Mets)

I have a feeling the MLB execs are praying for an Astros vs Dodgers/Braves World Series rematch.

Dodgers vs Astros for the "2017 rematch" storyline. Braves vs Astros for the star power

Not sure if any other potential matchups are rating draws. Maybe LA vs Baltimore?

I would love to face the Braves again. We got revenge on everybody else already.

Count me out for wanting the Braves, they are stupid good and I'd like to see them get knocked out before the WS
RED AG 98
AG
If we are fortunate to return to the WS and face the Braves -- so be it. But I damn sure wouldn't pick the 2023 instantiation of the Braves if I had my druthers.
Chef Elko
AG
cone said:

it's that time again boys

https://streamable.com/vqvakv?src=player-page-share

It's only a game. Why you have to be mad?
jkag89
Mr President Elect said:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I would love the opportunity to play the Braves again this season
I'd love the opportunity to play any National League team again this season whether it is the Braves, Phillies Fish, Brew Crew, D-Backs or the Effin' Dodgers.
McInnis
AG
It's still kind of hard to believe how the NL played out last year. Three 100+ win teams and none of them made the LCS.
scrimp
AG
The 2023 Astros have proven they can sweep the best teams in baseball , while also proving they can get swept by some of the worst teams.

I have no idea if they get kicked in the first round or go back to back WS champs. Whatever happens, it should be an interesting ride.
BadAggie
AG
scrimp said:

The 2023 Astros have proven they can sweep the best teams in baseball , while also proving they can get swept by some of the worst teams.

I have no idea if they get kicked in the first round or go back to back WS champs. Whatever happens, it should be an interesting ride.

After 2019 it doesn't matter if you had a great regular season, that was the conclusion.

Mr President Elect
AG
What is our series record against the AL in the playoffs during our streak? Like 11-2?
W
AG
the Astros have only been eliminated by an American League team twice:

Red Sox in 2018

and Rays in 2020
W
AG
the 'stros will have a chance to make some playoff history / memories vs. new AL teams this postseason

Blue Jays, Orioles, and/or Rangers
McInnis
AG
W said:

Red Sox in 2018

and Rays in 2020

Royals in 2016?
All I do is Nguyen
That was 2015 I thought in the ALDS
Ag_07
AG
I'm just sitting here thinking how today ended up and how big it is. Not only from a bracket standpoint but from a morale and confidence booster.

Talk about peaking at the right time.
FrioAg 00
AG
Obviously the goal is alway win the WS, but it would also be pretty awesome to make our 7th consecutive League Championship Series, just one behind the all time dynasty record (held by the 90's Braves)

W
AG
do we consider the 2015 season to be part of the golden era?
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

do we consider the 2015 season to be part of the golden era?

Absolutely.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
cap-n-jack
****in' A Dude. It was the beginning of this journey that is not over yet. Go to bed now. I'm going to.
digging tunnels
AG
No way. Got eliminated in ALDS and didn't make playoffs in 2016
Silent For Too Long
True but it was clearly the beginning. We see the early signs of a budding era of dominance.
Cobra39
Mathguy64 said:

Champs. TOFA and a nice message for Arlingtonians.

She needs to get that mole checked.

Cobra39
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE
So…if Maldy HAS to play…

Is the best lineup strategy to start Diaz against lefties and Brantley vs righties, while occasionally PHing Diaz for Maldy late game?
Farmer1906
AG
Diaz technically hits RHP better.
Eso si, Que es
W said:

Red Sox in 2018

and Rays in 2020
White Sox in 2005
tjack16
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Jeff Passan is HIGH as a kite right now

Quote:

ALDS: Twins over Astros, Rays over Orioles

Perhaps this is a stretch, the notion that this team that hasn't won a playoff series in two decades will be the one that stops Houston's streak of ALCS appearances. Maybe the Twins are just due.
BQRyno
AG
Can't argue with that logic
KTAG05
AG
He should have just said..Correa's playoff magic
Ciboag96
scrimp said:

With all the injuries, hot and cold streaks and terrible home record, schizo pitching and pen, I have low expectations. Which means I'll just sit back and enjoy whatever happens.

Kind of reminds me of a Clayton Williams quote….
Ags #1
AG
Why isnt souza eligible for post season roster? Because he we claimed off Waivers too late in the year?
Blackbeard94
AG
He was acquired after Sept 1st, according to Brian Tagger
Ags #1
AG
Thanks
First Page Last Page
Page 2645 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.