***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,531,121 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOLOL

Seattle pulling starters, pulling Kirby at 75 pitches, putting in a dude for his first full inning of work in the majors….

And the Rangers still haven't been able to do anything

6 outs a way from losing a game the opponent is trying to give you
tremble
AG
Mowed down by a rookie
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

LOLOL

Seattle pulling starters, pulling Kirby at 75 pitches, putting in a dude for his first full inning of work in the majors….

Struck out 2!
JohnnyTexAg1995
Damn rangers lol
stoneca
6 outs!
BTKAG97
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

Billy Baroo said:

Watching both games but sound on Rangers game and their announcers are salty about our game. "Arizona just giving them runs. Does someone there have something against Bochy?"

As Servais about to put in a rookie he just called up to throw some BP
I hope this kid mows them down
RED AG 98
AG
nice job rook
AggiEE
Mr President Elect said:

AggiEE said:

Mr President Elect said:

AggiEE said:

Prosperdick said:

AggiEE said:

A tired Maldy playing catcher non stop doesn't get any breaks after a late game last night and an early start today

We are never getting the lineup of Death.

Our team lives and dies by Maldy and Dusty, and the FO is too chicken **** to do anything about it
What? Dana called Dusty out very publicly the other day and in his contract he has final say over the lineup card. What else do you want them to do? Hold his wife hostage? Donkey is donkey for a reason and nobody will tell him he's wrong and it has nothing to do with being chicken s***. What a horrible take.

I'm saying I don't think that the FO will set the lineups in the post season
Ketch has stated they do have oversight on the postseason lineup.

Just look at the difference between the past couple of regular seasons and postseasons for evidence of this.

We shall see.

I will be SHOCKED if we ever see Diaz catching JV, Framber, and Javier....you know, the guys we will rely on for the vast majority of the post season.

Dusty didn't have Diaz catch any of those guys all season. And due to Dusty being Dusty, the F.O. will not rock the boat and try and change up what has been done all season even if they do have the power to reverse it.
Yeah, I agree with you here and mentioned this earlier. We won't be seeing Meyers get a spot start though, just so everyone can play.

Unfortunately, swapping Maldy with Diaz is the biggest improvement this team can make, and we won't.

At this point, I'm not even sure Diaz gets much playing time at all in the post season.

And the FO can't control PH substitutions, right? So when JV or Framber leave in the 6th or 7th, they won't bring in Diaz either.

It's just a ****ty situation all around.
Farmer1906
AG
Beau Bevers said:

That M's rookie has got some stuff.

Nasty. Not going to enjoy facing him next year.
DVC2010
AG
tremble said:

Mowed down by a rookie

On Strike 5, no less!
Project Gemini
AG
We should trade Jake for this pitcher
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. The Pacman death sound.
Beat40
FrioAg 00 said:

LOLOL

I don't expect them to lose this game now. 6 outs will be tough with an AA guy versus an MLB roster. Hope the bid goes through them though.
Mr.Bond
AG
If a position player comes in to pitch......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

JohnnyTexAg1995
Lol Dave Raymond talking over God Bless America
n_touch
Mr.Bond said:

That wont happen
jetch17
AG
Rangers thinking they should have had a classy champagne evening last night instead
W
AG
here's Bregman's chance for 100

gotta swing for the fence
RED AG 98
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

Mr.Bond said:

That wont happen

Yup. Against the rules unless it's a certain margin.
FrioAg 00
AG
Didn't realize he couldn't

Does he have any other rookie pitchers to try?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Give the Rangers a few more times through the lineup and they'll start making good contact on that Double A pitcher.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Give the Rangers a few more times through the lineup and they'll start making good contact on that Double A pitcher.
Unless they don't.
Beat40
M's need to pop a couple out vs Perez. Build a little margin!
Mr.Bond
AG
If I paid money as a Ms fan I'd be pretty aggravated that in the last game of the year the stars are being pulled
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

AustinAg2K
I feel dirty rooting for the Ms right now...
Bob Lee
AG
Mr.Bond said:

If I paid money as a Ms fan I'd be pretty aggravated that in the last game of the year the stars are being pulled

Nah, they'll go home happy with a loss.
stoneca
Rangers bullpen going to win this game for them. They're cruising
jetch17
AG
It's only 1 run over there - I love seeing the struggle, but just be ready in case they blindly find one
Bob Lee
AG
stoneca said:

Rangers bullpen going to win this game for them. They're cruising

The irony
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Man, every team does this every year if they aren't in contention, unless guys have milestones they are going after.
DoitBest
S
I understand what you're saying, just hate that poor fundamentals on the relay will cost Tuck a HR. I can't recall seeing a FC or indifference call when the was not another out to be had...
Project Gemini
AG
Mr.Bond said:

They've made the playoffs once in the last 21 seasons. I doubt today is all that high on the list grudges for their fans.
Mr.Bond
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Mr.Bond said:

Man, every team does this every year if they aren't in contention, unless guys have milestones they are going after.

I understand not playing..... pulling in middle of game? Not sure I've seen that often

MAGA

RED AG 98
AG
DoitBest said:

I understand what you're saying, just hate that poor fundamentals on the relay will cost Tuck a HR. I can't recall seeing a FC or indifference call when the was not another out to be had...
On the flipside, Tuck gets a triple on what was <50% chance of a hit and had a pretty high catch probability. It was a weird play all around and is borderline to score either way.
First Page Last Page
Page 2629 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.