***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,530,554 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a 26/30 shot. Not out here, Coors, MMP or Comerica.
The Beef01
AG
tjack16 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

stoneca said:

So if the rangers win; we're screwed. We'd have to play the Rays and Orioles and we're screwed.
We went 3-3 against both those teams this year.

And did better on the road against them… which is where all the games but two of them would be played

I'd guess that neither the Rays nor the O's would be horribly thrilled about trading out the Blue Jay's for the team with 6 straight ALCS appearances and a tendency to "turn it on" in October.
stoneca
Can't believe I'm rooting for the mariners like my life depends on it. Lol
W
AG
112 RBI

for Tucker
RED AG 98
AG
Dang. Just a bit under it. I want 30/30 for him.
W
AG
103 runs scored for Bregman
Satellite of Love
RED AG 98 said:

That was a 26/30 shot. Not out here, Coors, MMP or Comerica.

I guess because it's so dry there is why they have the line so high?
Frok
AG
We are Satan sign by Ford

Looks like it at least
W
AG
Yordan singles
Mr.Bond
AG
Go seattle

Insert Jim Carrey Gag Gif
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Project Gemini
AG
Quote:

Mr Gigem
2:41p

So the Mariners are really going to do this? Come on

Let Kirby go another inning then start pulling everyone. You have nothing to play for
They want to deep throat a .357 barrel over there because the M's wont hand them a game
RED AG 98
AG
Tuck's flyout was a Fenway special, 1/30, at 302'. Oof.

Yordan's "hit" looked like it was scalded but savant says 84 EV. If true I lean error but fine with the big fella recording another hit.
stoneca
Project Gemini said:

Quote:

Mr Gigem

Let Kirby go another inning then start pulling everyone. You have nothing to play for
They want to deep throat a .357 barrel over there because the M's wont hand them a game
typical Arlington. Wants everything handed to them. Doesn't want to earn anything
The Porkchop Express
AG
BTKAG97 said:

stoneca said:

So if the rangers win; we're screwed. We'd have to play the Rays and Orioles and we're screwed.
How glorious would it be to beat Tampa (2), Baltimore (1) and Atlanta (1) to win the Wrodl Series? it would be on par with the 1995 6th seeded Houston Rockets going through Utah (3), Phoenix (2), San Antonio (1) and then Orlando (1).
Can't top wiping out Boston, New York, and LA to win the '17 World Series. The national media must have had a collective aneurysm.
mwm
I know this is, for the most part, an anti-Maldy thread. Granted, he has not been good either offensively or defensively this year. And, his playing time has drastically cut into Diaz's playing time and that is an outright travesty. There can be little doubt that Maldy in the lineup when Diaz should have been has cost the team numerous wins.

But one of the things I remember and appreciate the most about Maldy this year was the night the rangerettes were kicking our butts at home and as several ranger players were crossing the plate and celebrating on our field after a homerun, he got right in the midst of them all by himself, got in their faces, and was ready to start a throw down.

The guy is likely at the tail-end of his playing days and his talents have fallen off the cliff. But, I appreciated the fervor with which he defended his teammates that night.

I've had my say. Flame away.
Farmer1906
AG
****ing camera man for the Seattle game sucks ass.
The Porkchop Express
AG
stoneca said:

Project Gemini said:

Quote:

Mr Gigem

typical Arlington. Wants everything handed to them. Doesn't want to earn anything
The rivalry aside, Mr. Gigem shouldn't be counted against the average Ranger fan, he is a Grade-Z conspiracy theorist wacko.

Hi Mr. Gigem, thanks for visiting our thread!
stoneca
Farmer1906 said:

****ing camera man for the Seattle game sucks ass.
just coming to say the same thing. Looked like 2 moon shots. One was foul off the wall and another was a lazy fly out
stoneca
Rangers and M's going to the 4th

0-0
RED AG 98
AG
mwm said:

I know this is, for the most part, an anti-Maldy thread. Granted, he has not been good either offensively or defensively this year. And, his playing time has drastically cut into Diaz's playing time and that is an outright travesty. There can be little doubt that Maldy in the lineup when Diaz should have been has cost the team numerous wins.

But one of the things I remember and appreciate the most about Maldy this year was the night the rangerettes were kicking our butts at home and as several ranger players were crossing the plate and celebrating on our field after a homerun, he got right in the midst of them all by himself, got in their faces, and was ready to start a throw down.

The guy is likely at the tail-end of his playing days and his talents have fallen off the cliff. But, I appreciated the fervor with which he defended his teammates that night.

I've had my say. Flame away.
I don't think this is really contrarian at all... it's clear he is a leader and has respect in the locker room with his peers.
BTKAG97
AG
Pitchers duel through 3 on Seattle.
stoneca
If we get up by 7+ I say we pull Javi
The Porkchop Express
AG
BTKAG97 said:

Pitchers duel through 3 on Seattle.
I don't understand why the Mariners just won't let the Rangers have 7 outs per inning. I mean they have nothing to play for.
Farmer1906
AG
Warning track shot in Seattle. Kirby's PC is good.
RED AG 98
AG
Kirby through 4 shutty with 45 ptiches.
stoneca
This camera man is going to give me a heart attack for the Mariners. Another ball that looked absolutely destroyed was a fly out
stoneca
Servis better not pull Kirby early…
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
The good news is the Rangers have to go to their bullpen at some point. As long as it is close or tied, I like our chances
stoneca
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

The good news is the Rangers have to go to their bullpen at some point. As long as it is close or tied, I like our chances
Dunning has a really good pitch count. I could definitely see the Rangers trying to ride him for a complete game. Need the M's to start working the pitch count
Project Gemini
AG
Chapman should get the chance to go 3 deep, just like Rangers fans prefer
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
stoneca said:

AlwaysNextYear89 said:

Dunning has a really good pitch count. I could definitely see the Rangers trying to ride him for a complete game. Need the M's to start working the pitch count
I think he is on short rest, though
Satellite of Love
Take it to the Mariners season thread people!!!
BmtAg96
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed but can the Astros win the division with a win today and rangers loss?
stoneca
Mariners threatening

1st and 2nd and 1 out
First Page Last Page
Page 2624 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.