***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,530,851 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

stoneca said:

Meanwhile the Astros are all business

Pretty lame celebration. Guess that's what I expect from a bunch of guys that don't care.
yeah seriously GTFOH with that bull****
Texaggie7nine
Ag_07 said:

stoneca said:

Pretty lame celebration. Guess that's what I expect from a bunch of guys that don't care.

Is this a serious post? You want the Astros, the best team in baseball over the past 6 or so years, to celebrate squeaking into a wildcard clench on the second to last game of the regilar season after having gone 7-10 over the last 17 games, most against horrible teams? They should be pissed and embarassed it has come to this.
7nine
AgLA06
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Ag_07 said:

stoneca said:

yeah seriously GTFOH with that bull****

Both can be true. They celebrated like they've been there. Compared to other celebrations, it was Yankie style lame.

I'd rather they did nothing yesterday and celebrated after a win today or nothing at all. Just making the playoffs wasn't a goal.
Ag_07
AG
GD you guys are wound too tight.

It was sarcasm. I was poking fun at the nimrods on here earlier this week saying this team just didn't care.

Guess I'll tone it down a bit
All I do is Nguyen
Ah my apologies then. Whenever I'm being sarcastic I always use a winky face or something. Intent is so difficult to infer through text
AgLA06
AG
Ag_07 said:

GD you guys are wound too tight.

It was sarcasm. I was poking fun at the nimrods on here earlier this week saying this team just didn't care.

Guess I'll tone it down a bit

I wish people would figure out sarcasm doesn't work on a computer.
W
AG
several stats before the season finale...

top 5 games played:

160 - Bregman
156 - Tucker
149 - Pena
140 - Abreu
131 - Dubon

top 5 x-base hits:

69 - Tucker
56 - Yordan
55 - Bregman
45 - Pena
45 - Yainer
JDUB08AG
AG
W said:

several stats before the season finale...

top 5 games played:

160 - Bregman
156 - Tucker
149 - Pena
140 - Abreu
131 - Dubon

top 5 x-base hits:

69 - Tucker
56 - Yordan
55 - Bregman
45 - Pena
45 - Yainer

161 - Maldy (at least in the feels)
tjack16
AG
Im curious if any of y'all who were "anti expanded playoff" have changed your opinion now that it's kept us in it this year?

I was all for it but also didn't think it would effect us over the next 2-3 years
Mathguy64
AG
And Yordan missed something like 60 games. He was a legit 40 HR, 120 RBI player if healthy.
Ag_07
AG
That's TBD. If we win the division today it wouldn't matter.

Also it got us in in 2020 as well.

I'm still on the fence about it. I like that it makes the deadline more interesting but I don't like that so many teams get in.
Mr President Elect
AG
Texaggie7nine
That's why I asked if you were serious first.
7nine
W
AG
Altuve enters the final game with 111 hits for the season

career total at 2,046 hits

current batting average is .312

so for the 7th time in his career he will finish with a season BA of .300 or higher

his current OPS is .919

this will be his 5th season with a .900 or greater OPS

Altuve went .300 & .900 back-to-back in 2016 & 2017......and will do so again in 2022 & 2023
Beau Holder
AG
Yainer has played what once in a week?
kb2001
AG
Pitchers for today

HOU - Javier
AZ - Kyle Nelson

This is K Nelson's 2nd start this season and his 68th appearance. I think the D-backs are going with a committee game to set up their starters for the WC series. Let's run it up and leave no doubt.
stoneca
Perfect lineup except for Maldy
W
AG
he has disappeared

maybe Dana will find him in a couple of days
rosco511
AG
Beau Holder said:

Not sure why you would want a bat like that in the lineup…
Farmer1906
AG
Probably more of an opener / bullpen day.
Farmer1906
AG
Yainer ends the regular season starting just 52% of the time and around 376 PA. Sept/Oct is the fewest games and PAs since May. Dusty will not be missed or thanked.
Mathguy64
AG
Seattle still shows Kirby starting. Let's see how long he goes. If he goes.
rosco511
AG
And according to baseball savant, Diaz is 30th best hitter in MLB.
Mr President Elect
AG
W said:

he has disappeared

maybe Dana will find him in a couple of days
Will be really curious to see how that plays out. Yainer's DH numbers are horrible and not sure if they are willing to have him catch for pitchers he never has before. Maybe DH against lefties and Uncle Mike for the righties (assuming he is healthy).
W
AG
I think about the tiebreakers vs. game 163

it makes some regular season games much more important than others

the Astros next manager needs to be aware of that

(re: casual approach to the last 2 games vs. the Blue Jays)
spadilly
S
tjack16 said:

Im curious if any of y'all who were "anti expanded playoff" have changed your opinion now that it's kept us in it this year?

I was all for it but also didn't think it would effect us over the next 2-3 years

I'm good with the expanded playoffs, they just need to change it so they can reseed teams based on records.
spadilly
S
stoneca said:

Perfect lineup except for Maldy

Dusty's last stand.
Prosperdick
AG
Beau Holder said:

Last night Blummer was talking about Corbin Carrol, the likely NL ROY for Arizona, and he made a point to mention he has now played in 154 games. He has 25 HR's and 76 RBI's in 640 plate appearances.

Contrast that to Diaz, who has 23 HR's and 60 RBI's in 103 games and 376 plate appearances. 376!!!!

If you extrapolate that out to Corbin's plate appearances you get 39 HR's and 102 RBI's if Diaz played as much as Corbin has this season.

Let me repeat, if Donkey would play Diaz as much as the NL ROY, he would have 39 homers and 102 RBI's. Unreal.

ETA - I'm sure Diaz will thank Dusty later.
AggiEE
A tired Maldy playing catcher non stop doesn't get any breaks after a late game last night and an early start today

We are never getting the lineup of Death.

Our team lives and dies by Maldy and Dusty, and the FO is too chicken **** to do anything about it
Farmer1906
AG
There might be something to the DH vs playing a position but it's not a huge sample size. Plus the expected numbers are a little better (still not great).
AggiEE
Prosperdick said:

Beau Holder said:

Last night Blummer was talking about Corbin Carrol, the likely NL ROY for Arizona, and he made a point to mention he has now played in 154 games. He has 25 HR's and 76 RBI's in 640 plate appearances.

Contrast that to Diaz, who has 23 HR's and 60 RBI's in 103 games and 376 plate appearances. 376!!!!

If you extrapolate that out to Corbin's plate appearances you get 39 HR's and 102 RBI's if Diaz played as much as Corbin has this season.

Let me repeat, if Donkey would play Diaz as much as the NL ROY, he would have 39 homers and 102 RBI's. Unreal.

Donkey is responsible for holding Diaz and ROY back. Gotta be insanely frustrating for him, and the team.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
T - 2 hours away from taking what is rightfully ours.
Prosperdick
AG
AggiEE said:

A tired Maldy playing catcher non stop doesn't get any breaks after a late game last night and an early start today

We are never getting the lineup of Death.

Our team lives and dies by Maldy and Dusty, and the FO is too chicken **** to do anything about it
What? Dana called Dusty out very publicly the other day and in his contract he has final say over the lineup card. What else do you want them to do? Hold his wife hostage? Donkey is donkey for a reason and nobody will tell him he's wrong and it has nothing to do with being chicken s***. What a horrible take.
BTKAG97
AG
ABC is showing a WNBA game today at 1pm instead of prime baseball or even football.

That's some fantastic contract negotiation skills right there.
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
I swear, we are gonna win the whole thing, and some of y'all will still whine about our lineups
First Page Last Page
Page 2619 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.