***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,531,968 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

Pretty simple for the 'Stros at this point. Just win 1 more.

Wait, is it right that if the Astros sweep and he Marines only go 3-1 the Astros win the division?

Yes, if we sweep, and they win 3, we win division, Seattle is out. Crazy.
JB!98
AG
Redheads for Astros! Keep it going!

Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Prosperdick
AG
Rangerettes lose! Also, can someone explain to me why espn's homepage has wnba stuff when MLB playoffs are going crazy? That's just insanely stupid. When are they going to kill that league?
JDUB08AG
AG
Prosperdick said:

Rangerettes lose! Also, can someone explain to me why espn's homepage has wnba stuff when MLB playoffs are going crazy? That's just insanely stupid. When are they going to kill that league?

Idk. All I see is Dallas lost 3-0 lol
Hornbeck
AG
Prosperdick said:

MLB just had a 20 minute piece on the AL playoff scenarios. With the Blue Jays stomping the Rays today, things are crazy tight.

Biggio hit a little league home run on an outfielder error playing a routine grounder.
W
AG
the Blue Jays play at 2pm tomorrow

so one piece of the puzzle could be solved by the time the Astros/Rangers/Mariners take the field
Ag_07
AG
And to hell with all you jackasses that said you were looking forward to it being close as opposed to being 15 games up right now.
wangus12
AG
Prosperdick said:

Idk they are pushing it more than ever and I'd be willing to saying there has been 0% increase in interest
DoitBest
S
Craziest last weekend I can remember & I've seen a few,..
Beat40
Hornbeck said:

Beat40 said:

Pretty simple for the 'Stros at this point. Just win 1 more.

Wait, is it right that if the Astros sweep and he Marines only go 3-1 the Astros win the division?

Yes, if we sweep, and they win 3, we win division, Seattle is out. Crazy.

Crazy that if the Astros and Mariners win tomorrow that the outcome of the Sunday Rangers/Mariners game won't matter for the division. It would literally be the Astros controlling their on destiny at that point.

Hope they win tomorrow to be able to have the shot.
AggiEE
Faustus
NM.
redline248
AG
Diaz needs to learn that look
OKCAg2002
AG
So if both the Mariners and we win today, the Mariners are possibly eliminated pending our Sunday result? That's crazy. They should just put our game on the Jumbotron in Seattle.
tjack16
AG
AggiEE said:

redline248
AG
All I do is Nguyen
So last night I told myself I would stay up to watch this game because it was a pivotal game in our season.

Well, I was too tired and as soon as I turn off the game and go to sleep, Abreu decides to hit that three run "home run".

Turns out I do need to sleep for the rest of our regular season games.
ElCheAg
AG
tjack16
AG
So now pretty much, Astros win one of these final two games then they clinch wild card

But if they win both games and Seattle wins one more against Texas, we are division champs

Just win baby
LarryBird
MLB app said 3 run homer but it was only 2?
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

So now pretty much, Astros win one of these final two games then they clinch wild card

But if they win both games and Seattle wins one more against Texas, we are division champs

Just win baby

Seattle has to win both for us to win the division.
Farmer1906
AG
LarryBird said:

It was a HR. They challenged and turned it into a 2 run double.
Farmer1906
AG

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Just win baby

Just one more I think. That would put us and the rangers both at 90-72
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Just win baby

Just one more I think. That would put us and the rangers both at 90-72
correct. Rangers just have to win one to clinch playoff but have to win both for the division

Edit: providing we sweep
Ciboag96
Man, my ass is puckered so tight you couldn't drive a 9 penny nail in it with a hammer
Ag_07
AG
I think we actually end up win the division fellas.

Texas is in a bad spot pitching wise and their BP is well the same BP they've had all year. That and Seattle is a bunch of dawgs that are out for blood.
W
AG
Fangraphs doesn't know it's a bullpen game for the Rangers today
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

LarryBird said:

It was a HR. They challenged and turned it into a 2 run double.

It was a HR and after a challenge and NY making stuff up they randomly placed Captain Lou at 2B.

I wonder what they would have done if that had been someone running at full sprint. With the CFer quitting on the play that could have been a little league HR.
Beerosch
AG
Here's the scenarios for the Astros. They've already accomplished win 1. The funniest is Astros winning all 3 this series and the Mariners getting left out no matter what.
West Roxbury
Win today. Doesn't have to be pretty. Just get it done. That makes Sunday so much fun
Wabs
AG
West Roxbury said:

Win today. Doesn't have to be pretty. Just get it done. That makes Sunday so much fun
This. Please JV, go out and be JV.
Mathguy64
AG
So. We win today and the Mariners are up 3-2 T9. If they win they very much open the door to that win being a bad outcome for them. It could actually be better if they lose. Do they throw the game?

Please dear lord let that happen. I want to see Servais have to do that and I want to watch Manfred squirm like the weasel he is.
Satellite of Love
Beerosch said:

Here's the scenarios for the Astros. They've already accomplished win 1. The funniest is Astros winning all 3 this series and the Mariners getting left out no matter what.

How is it in 1 scenario the Mariners jump the Rangers in a 4 game sweep but the others they don't? No matter what wouldn't the Mariners jump the Rangers in a series sweep?
Mr.Ackar07
Satellite of Love said:

Beerosch said:

How is it in 1 scenario the Mariners jump the Rangers in a 4 game sweep but the others they don't? No matter what wouldn't the Mariners jump the Rangers in a series sweep?

Because of the tie breaker rules. All three teams are tied if Astros win 2 and Mariners sweep.
First Page Last Page
Page 2588 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.