***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,533,090 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Lee said:

jakeaggie84 said:

What team do you personally hate more??

Rangers or mariners?

I kind of shift between the last team we played. I can't stand the mariners especially after beaning our guys so many times last series, but the rangers fans would be brutal if we don't make the playoffs.

I actually don't hate either team. I was trying to figure out which team I'd rather face in the playoffs, and it's got to be the Rangers because of their bullpen.

And playing them at their park has been amazing this year
Prosperdick
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Rangers or mariners?

I kind of shift between the last team we played. I can't stand the mariners especially after beaning our guys so many times last series, but the rangers fans would be brutal if we don't make the playoffs.
I hate the rangerettes more BUT I'd rather they make the playoffs because I don't think they would make it out of the wildcard round (assuming we sweep Arizona and texas finishes 2nd).

If we win tomorrow and so does Seattle we need to go for the win Sunday (and Arizona likely won't have anything to play for at that point anyway). We take the division, eliminate the Seahags and get some much needed rest.
Farmer1906
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Rangers or mariners?

Seattle due to the recent history, ***** ass Scotty, and their fans.

A Astros-Rangers match up would be fun on here though.
Mr President Elect
AG
Beat40 said:

OK - serious question for a moment. Let's say both the Mariners and Astros win tomorrow. Win tomorrow guarantees a postseason spot, but Sunday could mean the division title if the Astros and Mariners win Sunday. Both games at 2:10pm.

What do you think the organization and Dusty will do? WIll they:
A) Go for the division title
B) Be content with the post season spot and rest guys

What do YOU want the organization to do if in that position on Sunday?
A) Go for the division title
B) Be content with the post season spot and rest guys

I think the team organization would go for the chance at the division title simply given the rest that could be had from being division winners.

I also would take the gamble as I'd rather be guaranteed an ALDS than have to go through the wild card and play more games.
We should rest Maldy for the playoffs and if we happen to win the division, so be it.

It would be one thing if it was between starting or resting Framber, but I don't think that is in play. So, I don't think going for it does much harm.
iamtheglove
Wabs said:

Still can't believe that if we sweep and the Mariners sweep, the Mariners are out of the playoffs. Crazy.
Edit for my stupidity
Hornbeck
AG
Arlington is throwing a bullpen game tomorrow.

Their pitching is coming apart at the seams.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

Still can't believe that if we sweep and the Mariners sweep, the Mariners are out of the playoffs. Crazy.
Yup, look at the chart. If we sweep the Mariners are toast, even if they sweep. I'd love it for several reasons.
Farmer1906
AG
iamtheglove said:

Wabs said:

If we get to Sunday, play before Seattle and win (and they are 3-0 vs Arlington) does Seattle try to lose on purpose? That would be crazy to watch

I think the games are at the same time. What would losing on purpose accomplish? Do you think they care about us that much to throw a game? I don't.
West Roxbury
I hate the Yankees but neither of these teams in the West bother me much. I guess I would prefer to play the Rangers because Seattle is a tough out.
Prosperdick
AG
Just saw a stat that texas has played 5 times in Seattle and have 59 strikeouts...wow!
ETA - that's not just a wow but a Torbush wow!
iamtheglove
Farmer1906 said:

iamtheglove said:

Wabs said:

If we get to Sunday, play before Seattle and win (and they are 3-0 vs Arlington) does Seattle try to lose on purpose? That would be crazy to watch

I think the games are at the same time. What would losing on purpose accomplish? Do you think they care about us that much to throw a game? I don't.
Yes, I had a brain fart. Edited my post for blatant stupidity
maca1028
jakeaggie84 said:

Rangers or mariners?

Seattle without a doubt
W
AG
the Rangers may have to abandon Saturday's game fairly early...

and just go all-in on Sunday with their best pitchers
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

iamtheglove said:

Wabs said:

Yep. Baseball took a cue from soccer and played all the final games at the same time. For excitement in a playoff chase and to keep anyone from gaining an advantage in a playoff race. It's one of the good things they have done. Few and far between.
W
AG
Wabs said:

bring back the game 163's
JohnnyTexAg1995
Does Seattle hold tie break with Toronto?
Beat40
I've come to the conclusion I'd like for the offense to go out there and win it tomorrow.

Put it on Kelly the way they did Castillo.
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

the Rangers may have to abandon Saturday's game fairly early...

and just go all-in on Sunday with their best pitchers

I just had that thought in the other thread. It's kind of like a college baseball regional. It's Sunday night and even though you went thru the winners bracket, you don't have pitching depth. At some point you call off the dogs and save everything for Monday night.
wangus12
AG
I'd be less worried about the Rangers, but I live in DFW and hearing their cries of anguish if they get knocked out on the final would be oh so good.

Don't really care though, just win tomorrow
W
AG
I think so

otherwise the Blue Jays would have clinched tonight
BTKAG97
AG
Top 9. Last chance for Texas to score 8.
The D
AG
Best case we could have hoped for after Sunday. Win 2 and get in. Win 2 and rangers lose 1 we win the division.
R-Dog
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Does Seattle hold tie break with Toronto?

Only way they end up tied with TOR is either a 3 way tie with TEX or a 4 way tie with us. In a 3 way tie that doesn'tinvolve us, TEX and SEA in...TOR out.

Scenario: Astros win AL West; Mariners, Rangers, Blue Jays tie
Result: Rangers and Mariners IN; Blue Jays OUT

In this scenario, the Rangers would claim the second AL Wild Card spot because they won their season series against both the Mariners and Blue Jays. The third AL Wild Card spot would go to the Mariners because they have a better intradivision record than the Blue Jays. (Seattle and Toronto split their season series, so the head-to-head record tiebreaker is not in play.)
kb2001
AG
Wabs said:

What's crazy is that if Astros win Saturday, the Mariners sweep and they finish their Sunday game before we do, the Rangers playoff hopes will depend on the Astros winning on Sunday.

Beat40
BTKAG97 said:

Top 9. Last chance for Texas to score 8.
As much fun as it would be to have a shot at the division, it would be kind of epic if the Mariners blew an 8 run lead in the 9th to all but eliminate themselves.
Mr President Elect
AG
Is there a tiebreaker scenario where the Marlins have to finish the game with the Mets on Monday but they don't get in either way but impact the tiebreaker scenarios?
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40
Pretty simple for the 'Stros at this point. Just win 1 more.

Wait, is it right that if the Astros sweep and he Marines only go 3-1 the Astros win the division?
kb2001
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Is there a tiebreaker scenario where the Marlins have to finish the game with the Mets on Monday but they don't get in either way but impact the tiebreaker scenarios?
For MLB, they will only play that game if it impacts making the playoffs or not. Seeding isn't enough to cause the game to be played. At least, it used to be that way, but I'm not sure with the expansion to 6 teams.

Not sure if they could run into a situation where the game could impact making it or not.
W
AG
71 - Rangers
71 - Blue Jays
72 - Astros
73 - Mariners

2 games left
JDUB08AG
AG
Tomorrow better be a great ****ing day for sports
West Roxbury
Just win baby.
Mathguy64
AG
Man. At the end of Sunday some team is going to be pissed off.
Mr President Elect
AG
kb2001 said:

Mr President Elect said:

For MLB, they will only play that game if it impacts making the playoffs or not. Seeding isn't enough to cause the game to be played. At least, it used to be that way, but I'm not sure with the expansion to 6 teams.

Not sure if they could run into a situation where the game could impact making it or not.
I don't know, if Mia and Az lose tomorrow and Reds/Cubs win, it gets pretty bunched up. My head hurts enough from following our scenarios, so not sure about theirs.
kb2001
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Looks like the Marlins hold tiebreaker over Cubs, D-backs, and Reds. So if they end up a half game out of making the playoffs, they would likely play that last game, because winning would put them in. If they're a half game ahead, they wouldn't play, because losing would just put them tied, and they hold tiebreaker over all 3 possibilities
First Page Last Page
Page 2587 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.