***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,500,087 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

ESPN Developing Story: MLB investigating incedent between Hector Neris and Julio Rodriguez

Lame. MLB not going to let their darling being embarrassed go unpunished
CFTXAG10
AG
Bull**** if they do anything. Way worse gets said across the league on the Diamond every day.
All I do is Nguyen
Maybe he should refuse to speak to them too
spadilly
S
iamtheglove said:

Watching the arlington's broadcast. My goodness these announcers are brutal. Constant droning on about next to nothing. No personality, just a sea of words to fill the air. Like listening to your uncle talk about his haircut for 3 hours. We are so lucky to have TK, Blummer and Julia.

It's amazing how bad they are.
What's wild is that I hear C. J. Nitkowski a lot on MLB Radio's afternoon show and actually think he's a good analyst and he speaks highly of the Astros. The rest of their booth is just absolutely brutal.
spadilly
S
Texas up 1-0.
If I have to choose, I'd rather them than the M's.

I don't hate the Rangers. I actually enjoy the banter with friends. I absolutely loathe the M's.
kb2001
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm giving Angel a break on this one. Half of the checked swings don't get called when they should. It's a hard call.

Harper is overreacting because he can get away with it.
Harper has always been a hot headed, whiny, little b***h. When he starts barking about a call, he's usually not wrong, he just acts like an 8 year old every time and gets ridiculed accordingly. Harper's tantrums are in the same ballpark as Zambrano, an infamously childish lunatic.
f1ghtintexasaggie
iamtheglove said:

Julio strikes out in the bottom of the 1st and Mariners fans are booing him. Wow

Still tilted.
f1ghtintexasaggie
redline248 said:

ESPN Developing Story: MLB investigating incedent between Hector Neris and Julio Rodriguez

If we've learned anything from the scandal, I hope it's that Hector should shut his trap and tell MLB league office to go pound sand. Let the union do your talking for you.
Beau Holder
AG
iamtheglove said:

Julio strikes out in the bottom of the 1st and Mariners fans are booing him. Wow

He deserves it tbh. Remarkably unclutch for a franchise player and apparently a soft salty baby to boot.
amercer
AG
Julio can come here. I'm fine winning with their guys.
Beau Holder
AG
Beau Holder said:

iamtheglove said:

He deserves it tbh. Remarkably unclutch for a franchise player and apparently a soft salty baby to boot.

Compare to Correa for example who delivered when it mattered and could give and willingly take it instead of having Charmin soft feelings and entitlement from year 1 on.
DoitBest
S
spadilly said:

Texas up 1-0.
If I have to choose, I'd rather them than the M's.

I don't hate the Rangers. I actually enjoy the banter with friends. I absolutely loathe the M's.

Crazy thing is I believed we would best the M's, never imagined the team from Southern Oklahoma would be where they are...
JohnnyTexAg1995
This whole Neris thing is based off a quote from Suarez that literally says "he started talking bad words in Spanish" lmao then a Seattle beat reporter took that as meaning homophobic slur… lol didn't know mother ****er was homophobic, I mean I guess if you said it to a girl maybe but sound pretty hetero to me lol
KCup17
AG
I don't think anything will come of it. It's all optics at this point.
SECcess12
We didn't win enough games this year so everyone has to be mad at us for something else now.
Wabs
AG
Man, the Mariners and their fans are such *******. It's got me rooting for the Rangers to beat their sorry asses. We'll take the WC and let the chips fall.
agdaddy04
AG
Happy for Yuli. In a playoff race, brought him in as a PH in top of 9th tie game. Knocks in the go ahead run. It's in a delay now tho.
stoneca
SIAP but who are we rooting for in the Mariners v Rangers series?
Rule#2
AG
stoneca said:

If we plan on winning, Ms. If we plan on losing, Rangers.
Farmer1906
AG
This makes more sense.

tjack16
AG
stoneca said:

If we sweep, mariners to win 3/4

If we don't… go rangers
AggieDub04
AG
There are other people who have corroborated this.

It's also being reported that the particular word used is a slur is some South American countries but not others so this will likely be a nothing burger.
Post removed:
by user
agdaddy04
AG
Talking about Trout on MLBN right now. Teams they threw out there - Cubs, Cards,… and Stros. Well Sox too. Now they're just naming everybody, ha
Mathguy64
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Talking about Trout on MLBN right now. Teams they threw out there - Cubs, Cards,… and Stros. Well Sox too. Now they're just naming everybody, ha
Boston dumped Betts and Bogaerts because they couldn't afford their price tag. And someone things they will take on Trout's contract? Yeah I don't think so.
Wabs
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Happy for Yuli. In a playoff race, brought him in as a PH in top of 9th tie game. Knocks in the go ahead run. It's in a delay now tho.

Yuli is in the top 10 -15 of my all-time favorite Astros. I'll always root for him and I'm still pissed we didn't offer him a deal.
AggieDub04
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Would Trout qualify as a "big boy"?
Chrundle the Great
AG
Wabs said:

agdaddy04 said:

Yuli is in the top 10 -15 of my all-time favorite Astros. I'll always root for him and I'm still pissed we didn't offer him a deal.

Who here doubts yuli would've slapped a double down the line when we PH singleton Tuesday?
cap-n-jack
I was hoping my SHSU Bearkats could pull this out, but no. Had this loaded for a victory so here.
Beau Holder
AG
stoneca said:

All I know is the Mariners and Astros have some weird juju and they're a tough matchup for us specifically for some reason. The Stros spent all season proving who's still better between them and the Rangers. So I'd rather the Mariners go away and let the reigning AL dynasty take care of business against their other junior division rivals.
West Roxbury
Agree. We don't own the tiebreaker versus the Mariners and WC is our most direct path to the playoffs. DBacks aren't a bad team so I'm going for the low hanging fruit and rooting for the Rangers.
FrioAg 00
AG
This is kind of where I'm at

The odds of the division are very low no matter what happens tonight, but Seattle losing increases our odds of the post season AND weakens the field in the post season.

So go Rangers
Wabs
AG
The Mariners have much better pitching than the Rangers. For that reason I'd rather see the Mariners out of the postseason.
West Roxbury
5-6-7 up for M's.
bearkatag15
AG

Damn I didn't connect the dots on this one. Wow **** Seattle
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
First Page Last Page
Page 2553 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.