***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,499,408 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So it looks like AZ clinches a wild card spot with a win over the White Sox and a Cubs loss to the Braves
Post removed:
by user
AggieJ2002
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

So it looks like AZ clinches a wild card spot with a win over the White Sox and a Cubs loss to the Braves

And similar to the AL they should not care about 5 or 6 seed since they would want to avoid ATL as long as possible anyway IMO
agproducer
AG
Hector is a cool cat.

spadilly
S
Farmer1906
AG
spadilly said:

Lol what?
bodaciousbood14
AG
I need to brush up on my Spanish so I can be a pro baseball interpreter.
spadilly
S
More from https://www.umpscorecards.com/single_game/?game_id=716407

astros4545
AG
SECcess12 said:

Look at this little peen energy. This is what happens when you are mad you can't win...ever.

Quote:

Trash franchise with trash fan base. Makes sense they used a trash can to cheat

Says the fan of the team without a Pride Night

Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

SECcess12 said:

Look at this little peen energy. This is what happens when you are mad you can't win...ever.

Quote:

Trash franchise with trash fan base. Makes sense they used a trash can to cheat

Says the fan of the team without a Pride Night

Not seeing the connection there.
Big Al 1992
AG
Feeling good about the team that finished 11-2 when it mattered most last year. We made it harder on ourselves, Dusty made it harder on us, but just need 2 outta 3.
OKCAg2002
AG
Farmer1906 said:

So if the Mariners do the impossible and sweep AND we sweep, they'll still miss the playoffs. Lolz.
West Roxbury
Win the series. Somehow. Doesn't have to be pretty. There might be a low scoring game or two. Play clean defensively. Not a lot of free baserunners. And seize RISP opportunities. 3-2, 2-1. 10-9. Who cares. Just win.

If TX clinches, they may be dead and hungover and give a game or two away so we need to keep the focus in Phoenix.
Ag_07
AG
That's the benefit of controlling your own destiny
texasaggie2015
AG
Hector Neris has been one of the vocal leaders in the clubhouse this year. As good as he's been coming out of the bullpen, he's possibly meant even more behind the scenes. Neris will demand big money this off-season. The Astros #1 free agency target this offseason will likely be Josh Hader, but if that doesn't work out, I think it would be worth trying to retain Neris. He means a lot to this ballclub.
All I do is Nguyen
Ag_07
AG
It'll be interesting to see the lineups (it always isn't it?).

That OF in ARI is turf, is big, and is FAST so I'm not sure Yordan and Mike will see any time in LF so we'll see how they get them ABs.
Mr.Bond
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

That lesbo kneeling soccer chick at end was hilarious. Who was the *** crying in dugout
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

n_touch
All I do is Nguyen said:

Its got to be better to walk in on your wife cheating on you than watching Maldy stare down a HR off of you
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Hector Neris has been one of the vocal leaders in the clubhouse this year. As good as he's been coming out of the bullpen, he's possibly meant even more behind the scenes. Neris will demand big money this off-season. The Astros #1 free agency target this offseason will likely be Josh Hader, but if that doesn't work out, I think it would be worth trying to retain Neris. He means a lot to this ballclub.

Casually dropping a Hader bomb.
Mathguy64
AG
n_touch said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Its got to be better to walk in on your wife cheating on you than watching Maldy stare down a HR off of you
The Human Pear has a very strange stat line. Hes batting .193 yet he has hit 15 HR. He mostly cant hit, but when he does there is a decent chance it goes a long way.
tjack16
AG

Edit: my bad didn't see farmer beat me to it
agproducer
AG
Kelenic.
Mr President Elect
AG
OKCAg2002 said:

Farmer1906 said:

So if the Mariners do the impossible and sweep AND we sweep, they'll still miss the playoffs. Lolz.
TOR would still have to win 3+ of 4. Tor loses the 3-way tie if they all end up with 89 wins. The Blue Jays have 1 left agains NY and 3 against TB. They aren't a lock either (in that scenario).
texasaggie2015
AG
Glad somebody noticed
BadAggie
AG
Beerosch said:

Scott Servais and the Seattle fans encapsulate a lot of what's wrong with this freaking country. Do sheety things to people then play victim when it gets thrown back at you. They actually threw at our players and the fans gave a standing ovation, but when words are said to them it's the worst thing in the world and there should be punishments doled out. The whole city of Seattle can go **** themselves especially with their fake 12th Man.

Lol that striking a shtt talker out and then talking a little is something bad.
Farmer1906
AG
I have heard the same about Neris. He took all the latin rookies out every spring training. He's the leader of the bullpen, no doubt.

Hadr is going to likely get 90+ M. With what we are paying Pressly, Montero, & Graveman, I don't see it with other needs to fill in the next few years.
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

spadilly said:

Lol what?

Felt far worse
Mr.Bond
AG
agproducer said:

Kelenic.
What happened?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Wildmen06
AG
I'm pretty sure thats from when be broke his foot or something kicking a water cooler earlier this season
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yeah I guess I missed the crying video... not sure what the context is
Farmer1906
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Yeah I guess I missed the crying video... not sure what the context is

He Phil Maton'd himself. Then tried to be the victim by crying on camera.
BadAggie
AG
My guess is Astros win 2 v AZ and the Seamen and Arlington split their series. Still, could see Arlington drop 3 or all 4 v the Seamen.

After Friday night will obviously have a better sense of where things stand. Would like to avoid JV starting on Saturday if Wildcard is the result.
txags11
AG
I want both
West Roxbury
Win the opener. Come out ready.
First Page Last Page
Page 2548 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.