***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,502,131 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Right but we hadn't won a WS game at home since 2017 which adds to your point.
1836er
AG
BadAggie said:

Astros v Kirby

Going to need Javier to pitch at same level as last start

LOL, for a split instance I thought this was tonight's lineup and I was like "What the hell is Kessinger doing in there..." and then I realized it wasn't tonight's lineup.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Here is a hypothetical for y'all.

Last day of the season. We're a game back from the Rangers.

Do you start JV? We win, we might win the division. We lose, JV is out of the WC.

I think you have to give yourself the best chance possible in that situation. Arizona might not be playing for anything at that point if they already locked up their WC spot.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Do you start JV? We win, we might win the division. We lose, JV is out of the WC.
If there is a chance to win the division, you do whatever it takes to win. Figure it out later if we don't.
bearkatag15
AG
Listening to 790 and they are talking pitching.

Brown has an opponent OPS over .900 in his last 17 games
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Beau Holder
AG
Watching 17/19/21 playoff highlights during this early part of the day and man, although I wouldn't change anything knowing what we know about 22/23 for both sides, I sure do miss Carlos Correa.
HarryRocket
No, you don't pitch JV if you need help from another team.
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Listening to 790 and they are talking pitching.

Brown has an opponent OPS over .900 in his last 17 games

Makes me miss Jake Odorizzi
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Beau Holder
AG
That might be going a little far.
BadAggie
AG
Need Javier's magic fball to be magical tonight

Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yes. And I will wager $1000 that JV would be prying the ball away from whoever else is starting that game on the lineup card. And then staring at Dusty.
FrioAg 00
AG
If anything about MMP is an unfair advantage for us then I have some serious questions about our record there.
AgBrother
Would you not consider pitching Verlander Saturday against Arizona - that is normal rest. Then he would be available for Game 3 of the Wild Card Series (Thursday) or potentially game 1 of the ALDS.
maca1028
MMP is a different park when the roof is open, in a good way, but give me climate control any day all day in august when it's 1148 degrees outside.
Now when it's mid 70's and low humidity in April, May, and October there's no reason as to why the roof shouldn't be open.
lead
maca1028 said:

MMP is a different park when the roof is open, in a good way, but give me climate control any day all day in august when it's 1148 degrees outside.
Now when it's mid 70's and low humidity in April, May, and October there's no reason as to why the roof shouldn't be open.

Agreed. Noise at a ballpark is way overrated. Give me Wrigley field every day.
AggieJ2002
AG
AgBrother said:

Would you not consider pitching Verlander Saturday against Arizona - that is normal rest. Then he would be available for Game 3 of the Wild Card Series (Thursday) or potentially game 1 of the ALDS.

If we get to the point where we still need that Sat win (even if it's Sat or Sun) you have to pitch JV on Sat. If not, it means you have to pitch Brown
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I would. I think we can beat Minnesota with Framber, Javier and a France/Urquidy tandem.
PhatMack19
AG
My FB memories from 11 years ago. Milo's last game. I bought a 12 pack, sat on my back porch and listened to the game. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.
DoitBest
S
PhatMack19 said:

My FB memories from 11 years ago. Milo's last game. I bought a 12 pack, sat on my back porch and listened to the game. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.
gotta put a blue star by that one...
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I would. I think we can beat Minnesota with Framber, Javier and a France/Urquidy tandem.
Yep. All day, every day. It would be worth burning JV in the WC for the chance of having some much-needed rest.
Mr President Elect
AG
Farmer1906 said:

A couple of weeks ago I would have said absolutely. Now, I think having to play an extra series might be worth not having to play the majority of games at home. I say throw that game. /half-joking
Boiling Denim
cc10106 said:

Boiling Denim said:

I have an idea if we ever make it back to MMP this season.

OPEN.THE.ROOF

They'll never know what hit them. It'll be like a road game
Probably the best home game I ever attended was 2021 Game 2 against the Braves. It was picturesque that night. And *we actually won!
Our son was born that night. We were getting live updates of the 2nd inning from a nurse as he was getting yanked out
aftershock
Beau Holder said:

Watching 17/19/21 playoff highlights during this early part of the day and man, although I wouldn't change anything knowing what we know about 22/23 for both sides, I sure do miss Carlos Correa.

Kind of goes hand in hand, but I miss the fire/spark/passion/swagger that those teams had. Some of it was the people on the team and some of it was clubhouse leadership. This year just feels flatter than those earlier years of this run. Hopefully they can dig deep and get that honey badger mentality before its too late… and if they can't find it this season, hopefully some changes this offseason reignites that fire and gets the team back to that mindset.
BadAggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yes. And I will wager $1000 that JV would be prying the ball away from whoever else is starting that game on the lineup card. And then staring at Dusty.

Give me the rock, chumps.

tjack16
AG
Beau Holder said:

The 2019 playoffs were so fun until game 6/7 of the WS.

Also the 2021 ALCS was an underrated series given how it looked like we were dead in the water after game 3 in Boston
Mr.Bond
AG
So do I need to burn down Minute Maid or do I just need to disable the roof mechanism and leave it open
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
It won't be below 90 during potential day games until mid October at best
BadAggie
AG

Kirby's last 5 starts. He's had good starts v Astros but has been giving up some runs lately.

JDUB08AG
AG
One things for certain. Kirby won't go more than 7
BadAggie
AG
Passive aggressive bttch managing at its finest.

linkdude
AG
spadilly
S

BadAggie
AG
Here it comes

MosesHallRAB04
AG
Brantley not able to play?
Beau Holder
AG
I'm shocked to see a lineup that solid. Only took 155 games in his age 74 season with the playoffs on the line for the defending champs but Dusty has maybe figured it out.
First Page Last Page
Page 2483 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.