***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,502,816 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im going tomorrow

Have no desire to go
maca1028
Thank God for the Aggies. I thought I had a few more years before I had to rely solely on football this early in the fall.
tjack16
AG
The most frustrating aspect for me is that you could have chalked up the early season issues to injuries.

But we have been fully healthy for over a month now and this has been the worst month stretch of the season.
agdaddy04
AG
I just wish Mike could've made it more than a few weeks.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

Cromagnum said:

Why would ANYONE pay good money to watch us **** the bed at home all year?

Mrs. Marvin and I went to opening day- a loss to the White Sox- and have not been back since.

Been to 10 games. 4-6 record and a 4 game losing streak all over by the 5th inning.

And I got an email about buying 2024 season tickets to "lock in my 2023 postseason tickets" earlier today
West Roxbury
W said:

it was speculated last night...the team has quit on its manager

they are ready to see Dusty gone too

Well that's unprofessional if so. Not excusing the manager but you owe more to the home fans as a player.
f1ghtintexasaggie
tjack16 said:

The most frustrating aspect for me is that you could have chalked up the early season issues to injuries.

But we have been fully healthy for over a month now and this has been the worst month stretch of the season.

We were playing BETTER in the early season, despite the injuries, than we have in the past month. At least it feels that way to me.

ETA...Rereading, I guess that was the point you were making. Disregard me. I'm depressed.
Boiling Denim
Tucker batting like .217 since his illness in August

14-16 since then

It looks like he was hard carrying this team during his MVP stretch
JDUB08AG
AG
West Roxbury said:

W said:

it was speculated last night...the team has quit on its manager

they are ready to see Dusty gone too

Well that's unprofessional if so. Not excusing the manager but you owe more to the home fans as a player.

If dusty is this exhausting on us fans, just imagine the clubhouse. Part of me wants to just wash ourselves if this entire season, but it's it's not over yet.
tjack16
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

tjack16 said:

We were playing BETTER in the early season, despite the injuries, than we have in the past month. At least it feels that way to me.

Our pitching staff was elite the first 3 months of the season. #1 ERA in baseball at one point.

Offense got better after June but the pitching nosedived. I guess it really does prove you need great pitching to win
agdaddy04
AG
This team has gone how Tucker has gone for sure.
BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

There's just no continuity. How are any batters going to feel comfortable with all the lineup changes?

Also no urgency. Dusty's entire strategy is built around playing veterans and keeping them fresh for the postseason.

agdaddy04
AG
Most disappointed in how Framber and JV have pitched down the stretch.
PoppaB05
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

tjack16 said:

My theory is that when everyone was injured, Dusty had less choices to f*** up. It can't be overstated how much having a manager jerk you around the lineup or refuse to play players that will help you win affects these guys when they know they have a limited number of years to win, make money, and establish themselves. When trust leaves a locker room it's devastating
Burn-It
AG
First time in a long time I'll have a free October. What to do? Thanks Dusty!
AKA 13-0
BadAggie
AG
tjack16 said:

Marvin said:

Cromagnum said:

Mrs. Marvin and I went to opening day- a loss to the White Sox- and have not been back since.

Been to 10 games. 4-6 record and a 4 game losing streak all over by the 5th inning.

And I got an email about buying 2024 season tickets to "lock in my 2023 postseason tickets" earlier today

Will be interesting to see the response to that. Can't imagine much enthusiasm.

I mean Dusty has to know he's out after this season, maybe that's already been communicated. Maybe his agent tried and was rebuffed. You have new GM so you'd think the writing is on the wall.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Burn-It said:

First time in a long time I'll have a free October. What to do? Thanks Dusty!
im going to hunt a lot more this season and that's okay
tjack16
AG
If somebody posts that stupid playoff percentage graphic, I'm gonna throw something
West Roxbury
You owe more to the home fans that what we have produced this season. This crap show against the worst teams in the league is just inexcusable. A random game or two, sure. It happens. But consistently sucking at home saying 100 loss teams is on everyone. The entire club. Yes, Dusty. But starting pitchers too. And star hitters too. The entire organization.
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
68 - Rangers
69 - Blue Jays
70 - Astros
70 - Mariners
Bondag
AG
Cromagnum said:

I have only made it to 2 games this year. I have seen a no hitter and King Tuck hit 2 triples in the same inning. If something incredible happens tomorrow, I'm gonna need help buying post season tix.
BadAggie
AG
Astros were 56-26 at home last season. In 2021 it was 51-30. This year it's 39-41 pending tomorrow's finale. Just terrible and a large number of those losses happened in Aug and Sep.

spadilly
S
I can't wait for the tell all someone eventually writes about the clubhouse this season.
BadAggie
AG
On the road the Astros are 46-29, what looks like the 3rd best record in MLB after Atlanta and Baltimore.

Just speculation but more guys have gotten real money and when they're at home they maybe they spend some time with whatever toys they've bought.

agdaddy04
AG
They had money before this year.
All I do is Nguyen
Boiling Denim
I'm predicting maximum pain to end the 2023 season that will be the Astros winning 2 of 3 in Seattle but dropping game 162 to lose the series in Arizona and get bumped out of the playoffs by tiebreaker against the Mariners at 89 wins
BadAggie
AG
Maldy has been done the entire season and even with available upgrade in Diaz, Dusty has ridden him and this team into the ground.

Same deal with Julks, Dusty rode that guy all the way through a 1 for 50 slump when you had Chas regularly missing games.

While yes Dusty is biased towards veterans there's no rhyme or apparent reason to his decision making other than catering to his own whims and settling scores in his mind with front office personnel who aren't here anymore.

Texaggie7nine
7nine
txags92
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Is that how it is supposed to look when a team of veterans who have been there and done that are tuning up for a playoff run?
BadAggie
AG
Just lol at this point. Worst teams in league or best same result

Arguably they could've beaten Baltimore 2 out of 3 but for Pressly

Do not get the performance against Royals and A's just looks like lack of effort
Beerosch
AG
I was at the game tonight. I feel cheated for the money I spent. This team has mailed it in. It was a good run. Hopefully a new manager can pick up the pieces next season and make a run again.
txags92
AG
BadAggie said:

Just lol at this point. Worst teams in league or best same result

Arguably they could've beaten Baltimore 2 out of 3 but for Pressly

Do not get the performance against Royals and A's just looks like lack of effort
Some of the at bats lately where guys are watching fastballs grooved down the middle and then swinging at pitches that are 6" outside would support the idea that their minds just aren't in it.
FrioAg 00
AG
At this point making the playoffs feels pointless anyway - this team sure as hell isn't going to clutch up and win those critical games IN the playoffs
First Page Last Page
Page 2446 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.