***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,411 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Royals series determines if we finish below or above .500 at home

Currently 39-39 with 3 to go
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

To me the center field rotation shouldn't include Meyers anymore. Dubon or Chas. Meyers doesn't need any at bats for the next 9 games
To me there isn't a rotation. It's Chas's position. We can move him to LF for a defensive replacement Jake in CF.

Or an occasional game where you want Dubon or Meyers vs a LHP.

The Lion's share in CF is Chas Kane McCormick's.
scrimp
AG
I agree, but probably not the time to **** on the guy that had one of the 2 hits before the 8th inning....
RED AG 98
AG
Farmer1906 said:

maca1028 said:

Was Kessinger on deck?!

He's our last position player before the pitcher.

However, mega brain should have left Singleton in, took Abreu out, and put the pitcher in the 4 hole.
Absurd he did not do this. Absolutely absurd.
Farmer1906
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Farmer1906 said:

maca1028 said:

Was Kessinger on deck?!

He's our last position player before the pitcher.

However, mega brain should have left Singleton in, took Abreu out, and put the pitcher in the 4 hole.
Absurd he did not do this. Absolutely absurd.
I hope someone calls his ass out too.
tjack16
AG
scrimp said:

I agree, but probably not the time to **** on the guy that had one of the 2 hits before the 8th inning....

Yeah totally. I was just saying at this point it shouldn't be a 3 person position. They need to start going into playoff lineup and rotation mode. In the playoffs Meyers is a pinch runner
Prosperdick
AG
About ****ing time!!!!!!
Farmer1906
AG
If we win the KC series then the loser of the Arlington-Seattle series is in a world of hurt.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

If we win the KC series then the loser of the Arlington-Seattle series is in a world of hurt.

Imagine if we did the unthinkable against a 100 loss team with nothing to play for and SWEPT them
Texas A&M
Y'all can thank me. I turned the tv off for the ninth when I had to leave for an appointment.
W
AG
the Astros magic number to make the playoffs is 6 now -- right?
wessimo
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Imagine if we did the unthinkable against a 100 loss team with nothing to play for and SWEPT them

Not this kind of talk again
Prosperdick
AG
W said:

Yainer with 45 x-base hits in 342 at-bats

averages 1 x-base hit every 7.6 at-bats
So when Donkey benches him for two games in a row he's costing us at least one extra base hit but he'll thank him later.
Farmer1906
AG
RED AG 98
AG
wessimo said:

Not this kind of talk again
Delete
tjack16
AG
So who are we rooting for this weekend? Head says rangers but heart wants them to be the ones missing the playoffs
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

gigemJTH12 said:

for the first time ever. I mean ever.

I bet against the Astros today.

I dont see how we win this game. maybe 2/10 we win this game. Just no juice right now.

and if we do...its such a big game that I'll gladly lose $50 to be wrong.
I did as well but it was my 3rd time to bet against them. The first two times the Stros proved me wrong with the last one a double digit run effort so if I have to lose $120 for the Stros to finally win I'm going to do it.

If not, Donkey just made me $100.

If you're not a better the above means the Orioles are favored to win...on the road. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Once again, y'all are welcome! I'm 3-0 but I just can't afford to keep doing it.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

So who are we rooting for this weekend? Head says rangers but heart wants them to be the ones missing the playoffs

Seattle, I think. It keeps us in control of our destiny. Then if Seattle kicks our ass, they earned it. A good argument could be made either way.
jah003
S
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

One does not simply sweep the Kansas City ****ing Royals. Best team ever in baseball imho.
txags92
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

If I fixed Pressly and Pressly got the win does that mean......

There is zero chance Dusty puts you in the lineup tomorrow.
W
AG
all in with the Mariners

since the Astros have the tiebreaker on the Rangers
texasaggie2015
AG
Well we have a day off so I didn't expect it
Farmer1906
AG
This was before today's games.

OKCAg2002
AG
Every time I look at those graphs, I laugh at Oakland. They were mathematically out of the playoffs opening day.
Big Al 1992
AG
Still in first place beeches!
BTKAG97
AG
Given a Seattle win today - they are up 6-3 (B7) - both Seattle and Texas will have 84 wins.

Houston currently has 85 wins with 9 to play. Most likely "best case" scenerio is they go 5-4 over the last 9.

Given this, Seattle needs to go 6-4 to win the division. Texas needs to go 7-3 to win the division.

If either Seattle or Texas wins the ALW, then Toronto needs to go 6-5 over their last 11 to eliminate Houston from the playoffs.

So, the Astros need to win a minimum of 5 games with at least 1 in Seattle and Texas needs to win 4 of 7 vs Seattle and lose 1 game vs the Angels. If Houston gets swept by Seattle then they need to sweep either KC at home or Arizona on the road - and we all know Dusty does not like to embarrass teams by sweeping them.

If the Astros win 6 they are most likely ALW Champions unless either Texas or Seattle dominates the other.

Absolute worst case scenario:

At the current pace, Houston could easily go 3-6 over the next 9 (they went 3-6 over the last 9). In this case, it doesn't matter what Seattle and Texas do during their 7 H2H games.

tjack16
AG
Best case for us is Seattle wins that series 4-3, and then we beat Seattle 2/3
amercer
AG
Would be an excellent time to get a little 5 game win streak….
JDUB08AG
AG
How TF did we win this game today
spadilly
S
JDUB08AG said:

Javier and the bullpen pitching lights out all day.
AggieJ2002
AG
W said:

the Astros magic number to make the playoffs is 6 now -- right?

I think you are right, except for that number is tricky. If we win 6 games, we are guaranteed in. Normally, the magic number reduces when other teams lose, but this magic number of 6 does not decrease when the Rangers/Mariners lose in their series (until if/when one of those teams loses for the 5th time against each other). That number is already factoring in one of those teams losing 4 because it has to happen.

All I am rooting for this weekend is for the Astros to win. At this point, I don't know whether I want one of those 2 teams to win every game of their 7 or whether I'd prefer a 4-3 split.
All I do is Nguyen
We no start a GoFundMe for texasaggie2015 to go to the rest of the games because every time he does we blow people out
BadAggie
AG
ALDS begins Saturday 10/7

This team really needs to win the division and get at a minimum Monday 10/2 through Friday 10/6 off.

If somehow the Astros went HAM in the next 6 v KC and the Seamen, and Seattle decisively beats Arlington this weekend, then there could be a rest game or two in the Arizona series.

But who am I kidding this is going down to the wire

Just a thought, if you don't take days off during the regular season then you increase your likelihood of getting days off in the first round of the playoffs

Wabs
AG
We need to start these final 9 with a sweep of KC. And we need it big time.
The Porkchop Express
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Apparently the games are 9 innings now. Many on here declared the game and season over around the 6th.
First Page Last Page
Page 2409 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.