***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,510,025 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No tickets for an ag and his bro going to the game? Y'all gonna make this Baltimore fan scavenge like a vulture? For shame!
All I do is Nguyen
Good morning and happy monday ladies and gents. We will see how serious this team is about making a postseason run in the next three days.

If we take the series, or sweep then we know this team is locked in. If we get swept or lose the series, then we all need to be more concerned than we think we need to be.

Hoping for the former
All I do is Nguyen
We don't fraternize with the enemy round here!!

Kidding obviously, I hope you get some nice seats in the Crawford boxes!
bigjag19
AG
Tibbers said:

No tickets for an ag and his bro going to the game? Y'all gonna make this Baltimore fan scavenge like a vulture? For shame!

Aka another day in Baltimore?
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Good morning and happy monday ladies and gents. We will see how serious this team is about making a postseason run in the next three days.

If we take the series, or sweep then we know this team is locked in. If we get swept or lose the series, then we all need to be more concerned than we think we need to be.

Hoping for the former
Are we going to get a lineup that produces 8-12 runs or what Donkey normally throws out when JV starts?

We're facing a lefty so we know Diaz and his 22 homers will be on the bench. Will Chas also find the pine?

ETA - we're quickly running out of starts for JV and Framber to at least pitch to Diaz once...I guess Dusty knows Maldy won't get hurt, he must have ESP for injuries, God knows he doesn't have it for anything else.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Tibbers said:

I still can't believe staff isn't banning a non-Astros fan for posting, multiple times now, on the Astros thread. That is the only requirement for a ban on the rangers thread.
agproducer
AG
W said:

problem #1 starting on Monday:

Cedric Mullins

career .440 hitter at MMP

career 1.117 OPS at MMP

I wanted the Astros to trade for him last year. It would have taken a lot, but would have been worth it.
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

W said:

problem #1 starting on Monday:

Cedric Mullins

career .440 hitter at MMP

career 1.117 OPS at MMP

I wanted the Astros to trade for him last year. It would have taken a lot, but would have been worth it.
Dusty? That you? His wRC+ is closer to Jake than Chas.
texasaggie2015
AG
Disagree. Good player, but we don't have a need for him.
linkdude
AG
Dusty would platoon him with Dubon, as well
OKCAg2002
AG
Dusty's optimal postseason lineup:

Singleton 1B
Kessinger 2B
Maldy C
Julks LF (he will find a roster spot)
Meyers CF
Hensley DH
Dubon (Rover)
Maldy (C because rules and logic don't apply)
Graveman (3B because he's a big boy and obviously a favorite by our manager)
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Is this a joke
K Bo
AG
of course that's a joke
Mathguy64
AG
But it would be so very Angels of them to put him on waivers right now and get absolutely nothing for him.

They will give him a QO that will get rejected in nanoseconds. So they will net one draft pick. A bonafide superstar and game changing player gets 0 playoff games and the team gets 1 GM draft pick.

Well done LA Angels. Well done.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

You know who's got to really be mad right now are Angels fans.

This was the year the division was up for grabs… they don't trade Ohtani and they are eliminated mid September. Rough times
This should have listened to this guy at the 2022 deadline.

Quote:

It may sound ridiculous, but they should unload Trout, Ohtani, & make someone take Rendon. And while you're at it, trade Iglesias. They have no shot of winning. Their nonexistent window is closing. After 2023 it's no Ohtani and their highest-paid players will be 32 and 34 with 361 M still owed to those 2 alone. Get out of it now. The prospect haul from those 3 with Rendon as a negative would be enough to kickstart rebuild. Lose 100 games in 23 and 24 then start trying to win in 2025/26. That is when you should start opening up the pocket book again.
Farmer1906
AG
This peak peaking too soon.

Mathguy64
AG
Chicago ends their season at Atlanta and at Milwaukee.
Farmer1906
AG
That makes sense for them to have <50% shot even though they in right now (tied, at least).
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That makes sense for them to have >50% shot even though they in right now (tied, at least).
They are also the only team in that mix (Chi, Miami, Cincy, AZ, SF) with a positive run diff. Lots of flawed WC teams in the NL.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

This was the year the division was up for grabs… they don't trade Ohtani and they are eliminated mid September. Rough times

Quote:

It may sound ridiculous, but they should unload Trout, Ohtani, & make someone take Rendon. And while you're at it, trade Iglesias. They have no shot of winning. Their nonexistent window is closing. After 2023 it's no Ohtani and their highest-paid players will be 32 and 34 with 361 M still owed to those 2 alone. Get out of it now. The prospect haul from those 3 with Rendon as a negative would be enough to kickstart rebuild. Lose 100 games in 23 and 24 then start trying to win in 2025/26. That is when you should start opening up the pocket book again.

An especially astute poster subsequently agreed with that analysis
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Quote:

An especially astute poster subsequently agreed with that analysis

And equally good looking.
W
AG
speaking of Mike Trout...

he has played in 82 games this year...with 2 weeks left in the season

his slash lines will be the lowest since his rookie season in 2011

and thus his lowest OPS (.858) since his first year

on the payroll thru the 2030 season at $37 MM per
All I do is Nguyen
My lineup prediction:

Altuve 2B
Bregs 3B
Yordan DH
Tucker RF
Abreu 1B
Dubon CF
Chas LF
Pena SS
Maldy C

Uncle Mike doesn't hit lefties well, otherwise he'd be in the lineup
W
AG
Brantley went 0 for 9 against the Royals

hopefully that is not cause for concern
txags92
AG
W said:

Brantley went 0 for 9 against the Royals

hopefully that is not cause for concern
They will call up Julks to replace him...
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

My lineup prediction:

Altuve 2B
Bregs 3B
Yordan DH
Tucker RF
Abreu 1B
Dubon CF
Chas LF
Pena SS
Maldy C

Uncle Mike doesn't hit lefties well, otherwise he'd be in the lineup
Yeah I think you're right on...this will likely be the lineup. If only galaxy brain would let Diaz catch it would be a pretty stout lineup to navigate.

Chas once again won't get s*** to hit batting 7th (such a disgrace). Maybe Dusty will bat him 6th and have Dubon 7th. That's probably the absolute best we can hope for at this point.
BadAggie
AG
Man I'm on pins and needles thinking about seeing how the offense performs with that new paint job tonight.
YellAg2004
AG
BadAggie said:

Man I'm on pins and needles thinking about seeing how the offense performs with that new paint job tonight.
I must have missed some pages at some point. What is the new paint job that's being referred to?
Faustus
YellAg2004 said:

BadAggie said:

I must have missed some pages at some point. What is the new paint job that's being referred to?
It's all in the eye of the beholder.
512Ag
AG
Faustus said:

YellAg2004 said:

BadAggie said:

It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Based on the location of the new paint job, I'd say it's in the eye of the beer holder.
All I do is Nguyen
The Batters Eye Beer Holder
mwm
I'll be interested to see if JV "steps up" after challenging the locker room last week. The phrase "put your money where your mouth is" seems like it might be applicable.

The players cannot afford to take a day off at this point in time given the circumstances the team finds itself in.
AgLA06
AG
BadAggie said:

Your commitment to this is schtick is truly admirable.
1836er
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Quote:

First thing they should do is get rid of the "The Los Angeles of Anaheim" and "rebrand" to California.
Bondag
AG
YellAg2004 said:

BadAggie said:

Batters eye was extended in both directions to make it wider. That and we reset the password to visiting pitchcom
First Page Last Page
Page 2333 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.