***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,906 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
scrimp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pena is hitting pretty well in Sept, with a .295 avg and .689 OPS. He's just not hitting with any power right now.

Dubon and Chas are hitting well right now, as are Bregman, Altuve, and Yordan. The problem lately is the two usual suspects in Abreu and Maldanado, and oddly enough Tucker. King Tuck has a .200 average and .685 OPS for September. Batting Tucker and Abreu back to back right now seems like an extra terrible idea.

Of course, Yainer is another guy that is hitting really well, but that has been beaten to death.
Farmer1906
AG
Sept Only

• Yordan aint human
  • What we're doing to Yainer is criminal even with his Ks recently
  • Altuve ****s on your "x" stats.
  • Breggy ain't slowing down. He's now 1 of 2 players (Luis Arraez) with more BB than K.
  • Chas & TED carried the team in July & Aug, we should be able to stomach a down couple of weeks.
  • Doobie is getting lucky, but also playing very well.
Red Five
AG
That looks exactly like a roster I would expect to drop 4 of 6 to the A's and Royals.
YellAg2004
AG
Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

BadAggie said:

Man I'm on pins and needles thinking about seeing how the offense performs with that new paint job tonight.
I must have missed some pages at some point. What is the new paint job that's being referred to?

Batters eye was extended in both directions to make it wider. That and we reset the password to visiting pitchcom
I figured that's what it was.

Hopefully they put the password to something good, like 80085 [/90s Calculator]
CoachAg19
AG
"What we're doing to Yainer is criminal"

100%. Literally watching an AL ROY award be stolen from him with his lack of PT.
Class of 2010
Bondag
AG
YellAg2004 said:

Bondag said:

YellAg2004 said:

BadAggie said:

Man I'm on pins and needles thinking about seeing how the offense performs with that new paint job tonight.
I must have missed some pages at some point. What is the new paint job that's being referred to?

Batters eye was extended in both directions to make it wider. That and we reset the password to visiting pitchcom
I figured that's what it was.

Hopefully they put the password to something good, like 80085 [/90s Calculator]

Mr.Bond
AG
CoachAg19 said:

100%. Literally watching an AL ROY award be stolen from him with his lack of PT.
Just had this conversation yesterday. We have ripped the award right out of his hands. Its shameful, pathetic, unforgivable and disgusting
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I'm gonna bet that the lack of paint wasn't the problem and the extra 2 ft of green paint added isn't gonna make us mash at home.
Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Bond said:

CoachAg19 said:

Just had this conversation yesterday. We have ripped the award right out of his hands. Its shameful, pathetic, unforgivable and disgusting

But he'll thank Dusty later for it! It reminds of Judge Smails: "I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't wanna do it, but felt I owed it to them."
n_touch
Ag_07 said:

Yeah I'm gonna bet that the lack of paint wasn't the problem and the extra 2 ft of green paint added isn't gonna make us mash at home.
More like Budweiser was late on their payment so they took some space away
Blackbeard94
AG
Ag_07 said:

Agree, hard to see that making a difference
1836er
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Excellent, next we need to start working on breathing through our eyelids.
tjack16
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

If it makes them think they can hit I dont care what they paint out there.
Texaggie7nine
Farmer1906 said:

7nine
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

If it makes them think they can hit I dont care what they paint out there.

I'd love to see how Diaz hits lefties with the new batter's eye. Something tells me we won't find out anytime soon.
aggiedata
AG

carpediem13
AG
I don't really understand tucker at 5. Especially behind Abreu.
E
AG
Farmer1906 said:

HarryRocket
Catch Diaz With Verlander Before The Playoffs .

There is zero reason not to do this
Mr.Bond
AG
carpediem13 said:

I don't really understand tucker at 5. Especially behind Abreu.
Theres nothing to understand. We have a manager with the same mental fortitude as the guy living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

JDUB08AG
AG
Surprised there are any new lineup orders left, yet here we are again
Mathguy64
AG
That old fossil is going to go down swinging with what he thinks is the right move. Consistent to the very end.
FrioAg 00
AG
I looked a few times and cannot see differences other than the pictures were taken at slightly different angles. What am I missing? What ad space got painted over?
Farmer1906
AG
Texaggie7nine
The green strips to the right of the batters eye are longer now. The red bud strips are shorter.
7nine
Jackal99
AG
Use the Budweiser logo on the bottom ad ribbon as reference. The banner to the left of it got painted.

The pictures aren't exactly from the same angle, which doesn't help.
Prosperdick
AG
At least Chas is batting 6th but Abreu cleanup is ridiculous and the only reason is "must split lefties" even if they destroy lefties.

Oh well, I'm sure JV will enjoy the 1-2 runs he gets plus at least 1 stolen base and probably a pass ball for good measure.
linkdude
AG
Farmer1906
AG
It went from this

To this

To even more when the newest changes.
texasaggie2015
AG
I cannot wait to move on from Dusty Baker. Frustrating is an understatement. It would be one thing if the things he did made sense and I just disagreed with them. This has just been malpractice. And it's sad honestly. I've never seen anything like it.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm trying to figure out how that effects the hitters at all
Farmer1906
AG
I said this a few months ago. If I were the manager and I needed to throw games without making it obvious, I don't think I would have gone this far.
Wabs
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2334 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.