***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,227 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

Middle of our lineup is putting up a big fat 0 in the hit column. Not going to win a lot of games that way.

Yep, this board wants to be all mad at Dusty, but the team is playing like crap. Especially our big boys

True

But that means the other guys need to pick up some of the load but they're on the bench while Maldy bats and sitting on their hands in the bullpen as a AAA pitcher pitches the 8th.
3B Paul 97
AG
linkdude said:

Jesus F Christ.

If true, he should have been pulled as he mind was not on the upcoming at bat.
maca1028
Crane chose Dusty over Click
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Since jose went on his homer barrage he's been swinging out of his shoes. And he's swinging at everything.
W
AG
okay, let's see....we've got big Joel on the mound
Beat40
The Porkchop Express said:

Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

Middle of our lineup is putting up a big fat 0 in the hit column. Not going to win a lot of games that way.

Yep, this board wants to be all mad at Dusty, but the team is playing like crap. Especially our big boys
The line between knowledgable baseball fans and insolent yammering idiots gets clearer and clearer the deeper you go into a season.

I'm also going to say that Dusty deciding to put Parker in to pitch down 3 runs when you just blew the Padres out and rested you high leverage guys is a pretty dumb decision. I strongly disagree with that decision, not matter if the big boys have hit tonight or not.
Chrundle the Great
AG
linkdude said:

Jesus F Christ.

At least we know future bench coach Martin would pull himself in this situation
tjack16
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

While I agree this game has been lost (so far) due to 3-6 not getting anything done… I can also be mad that we finally got the best lineup over the weekend, won two huge offensive games and then he reverts back to putting Diaz on the bench in favor of Maldonado and Abreu.
Beau Holder
AG
maca1028 said:

Crane chose his own ego over Click. Bringing back Dusty was its own entirely unrelated own goal.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Beat40 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

The line between knowledgable baseball fans and insolent yammering idiots gets clearer and clearer the deeper you go into a season.

I'm also going to say that Dusty deciding to put Parker in to pitch down 3 runs when you just blew the Padres out and rested you high leverage guys is a pretty dumb decision. I strongly disagree with that decision, not matter if the big boys have hit tonight or not.
I'm mostly talking about the guys who think posting "F*** Dusty" 10 times a game is wicked cool.
Blackbeard94
AG
Almost like a tick of some sort
bearkatag15
AG
Lets figure out a way to get 2-5 runs here
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
stoneca
Mariners up 3-0

So after having a 2.5 game Lead on the Mariners and 3 game lead on the Rangers 2 days ago. The lead is now only 1 game lead over the Rangers and 1.5 game lead over the Mariners. Oh and don't forget we played the freaking A's those two days, the freaking A's.
PoppaB05
AG
This is just bad baseball. We have no focus this year. It starts at the top. Firing Click (basically) and then going it without a GM for much of the off-season set the tone. Dusty treating this year like a victory lap and playing his boys has killed us in a good division. The injuries to our starters and Altuve, that's somewhat to be expected when we've played so much extra baseball over the last 6 years. We lack the focus we've had in the past. We still have the ability to "turn it on", but this just isn't the same team that we could just pencil in to the ALCS. I hope we get it together, but I've been thinking they've turned the corner for months after series only to witness the same stuff over and over again. This is a good team with the ability to be great, the fans know it which is what is driving us nuts when we consistently tie one hand behind our back.
Beat40

Beat40 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

I'm mostly talking about the guys who think posting "F*** Dusty" 10 times a game is wicked cool.

I agree with you. That's annoying.
concac
AG
bearkatag15 said:

LOL.
Hulla Baller
AG
bearkatag15 said:

We have to figure out how to get 2-5 hits in a row first
W
AG
'stros running out of outs

need a big inning
tjack16
AG
Alright chance for the 3-6 guys to make up for it this inning and bring a comeback
Hulla Baller
AG
Guys, we are dealing with a bunch of cy young, gold glove winning pitchers with this team
BadAggie
AG
Parker Mushes it in
bearkatag15
AG
cool... just not even see a pitch
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
maca1028
Beau Holder said:

maca1028 said:

Crane chose his own ego over Click. Bringing back Dusty was its own entirely unrelated own goal.

Sounds like egos might be what doom this season.
Blackbeard94
AG
Peña pooper
Hulla Baller
AG
Now the ump is ready to call it a night
Blackbeard94
AG
Maldy needs to call a players only meeting
LarryElder
This on Verlander can't keep the mighty As at bay..you would expect better from you ace.
JohnnyTexAg1995
They don't even care man
stoneca
This team won't make it far this year if they even make the postseason. Zero consistency
tjack16
AG
I've posted this about 5 times this season but it still applies.

The outlook of this team changes week by week and it's so frustrating. We better hope the pendulum swings the right way the first playoff series
BayAg_14
We look like the team with 45 wins.
gambochaman
AG
LarryElder said:

This on Verlander can't keep the mighty As at bay..you would expect better from you ace.

Its on everyone at this point…2 runs wont win you many games

From the manager all the way down to every single player
W
AG
these at-bats are terrible
tjack16
AG
A few boo birds, and now mass exodus here at MMP.

What a homestand after claiming the division lead
gambochaman
AG
tjack16 said:

I've posted this about 5 times this season but it still applies.

The outlook of this team changes week by week and it's so frustrating. We better hope the pendulum swings the right way the first playoff series

Playoffs are not a guarantee at this point
First Page Last Page
Page 2270 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.