***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,537 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
stoneca
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to the 8th, running out of outs
Yordaddy
AG
Yeah I'm behind….something to do with YouTube TV and AT&T Sportsnet
Hornbeck
AG
Making Erceg with his 5+ ERA look good
tjack16
AG
If not Diaz, you could have had Brantley pinch hit and then replace him with Diaz defensively
Hulla Baller
AG
Middle of our lineup is putting up a big fat 0 in the hit column. Not going to win a lot of games that way.
gambochaman
AG
**** krusty baker
RED AG 98
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Maldonado was 1 for 1 with a walk going into the at-bat. If you want to ***** about something, ***** about Bregman Tucker, Abreu and McCormick being a combined 0-11 tonight.
Why not both? Maldy isn't the reason we are losing, but him batting there after Breg, Tuck, Abreu and Chas have already gone 0-11 does not give us the best chance to win tonight.
tjack16
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Middle of our lineup is putting up a big fat 0 in the hit column. Not going to win a lot of games that way.

Sears is a pitcher that Yordan and Tucker should have crushed. Slower throwing lefty.
W
AG
Rangers have won 4-in-a-row....since being left for dead by the Astros last week
Beat40

Maldonado was 1 for 1 with a walk going into the at-bat. If you want to ***** about something, ***** about Bregman Tucker, Abreu and McCormick being a combined 0-11 tonight.

While I overall agree with your point about Yordan, Bregman, Tucker, and Abreu not taking advantage of their opportunities, it IS frustrating that a guy hitting like a pitcher is up in that situation when runs or a rally are needed.
The Porkchop Express
AG
gambochaman said:

**** krusty baker
Boiling Denim

They were hitless last night too 0-24 now
PoppaB05
AG
To be fair…

Abreu should be nowhere near the middle of a lineup
Mr President Elect
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Yep, this board wants to be all mad at Dusty, but the team is playing like crap. Especially our big boys
SpaceCityAg05
AG
And the Astros leave themselves for dead the moment they play a sub-.500 team at home.
JohnnyTexAg1995
So dusty is mailing it in as well I see
RED AG 98
AG
Geebus ....
W
AG
yes, in Maldy's first at-bat he walked...which is okay...

but fouled off a couple of 93 mph fastballs...that a better hitter takes into the gap or over the fence
gambochaman
AG
Fire dusty right now

Not after the game

RIGHT NOW
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

Yep, this board wants to be all mad at Dusty, but the team is playing like crap. Especially our big boys
The line between knowledgable baseball fans and insolent yammering idiots gets clearer and clearer the deeper you go into a season.
Blackbeard94
AG
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could hit like that?
linkdude
AG
Jesus F Christ.
jah003
S
Why Mushinski here? Like why man.
W
AG
Parker not providing relief
Beat40
Really, Parker in down 3 in the 8th in a game you need.

Yikes.
txags92
AG

And he doubled himself off of first with a RISP in one inning and swung at ball 3 for an out without advancing the runner in another. The guy is hitting .170 with an OPS of .507 against RHP and his replacement on the bench is hitting .318 with a .961 OPS against RHP. Yeah, no reason at all to consider pinch hitting for him…. Sigh.
maca1028
jah003 said:

Dusty concedes losses when trailing by 3 or more after 7.
Maroon&Fight
This team is more bipolar than my ex-girlfriend, and she was nuts
tjack16
AG
Mushinski is about to put this one out of reach…
JohnnyTexAg1995
Beat40 said:

Really, Parker in down 3 in the 8th in a game you need.

Yikes.
I mean we know Dusty doesn't care I mean he's got the other random guy warming up in the bullpen. Just conceding the game at this point
Beau Holder
AG
jah003 said:

Nothing has indicated this team will score again tonight, much less four times. Since salvaging tomorrow is really important if you like having a share of the division lead, may as well save the leverage arms I suppose.
jah003
S
Oh good… Joel ****ing Kuhnel is warming.
scrimp
AG
It can be both. The players can be laying goose eggs and the manager can suck.
RED AG 98
AG
TK: A's have 5 road series wins all year. Only 2 since July. (KC, Rockies, Pirates, Brewers, Tigers).

WOOOOOFFFFF
Beat40

Mr President Elect said:

Hulla Baller said:

The line between knowledgable baseball fans and insolent yammering idiots gets clearer and clearer the deeper you go into a season.

I don't disagree, but even someone like myself who has pretty much defended Maldy getting playing time is finding it harder to defend when you look at the fact Yanier could be in the middle of a ROY race if he had more ABs.

Chas could have 25+ HRs if he played regularly over Julks to star the season.

This team needs to win games now and the best players aren't regularly playing. I'm beginning to have a problem with that.
First Page Last Page
Page 2269 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.