***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,509,271 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After yesterday the magic number is now 16.

mAgnoliAg
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Except that's not what you said and not what 2015 said. He said he's laying off this thread. You complained about Dusty's lineup and said you didn't even watch the game but instead watched a Jets vs Buffalo game.

You literally complained about the thread being annoying because of posts Ike the one you just made.

I stand by my meme

I too watched the entire Jets Buffalo game, however I also watched the entire Astros game on my phone
Prosperdick
AG
We need to do what the rangerettes did recently, they lost the first game to Oakland, but took the next two. We do that and we might have small cushion when we travel to Kansas City.

We know we have the firepower, we need to show last night was an anomaly.
Farmer1906
AG
We're 5th in runs, 2nd since June 1st, and 1st since over the last 30 days. Of course, it was an anomaly vs the As.
jkag89
Prosperdick said:

We know we have the firepower, we need to show last night was an anomaly.
Sometimes you just need to tip your cap, Waldichuk pitched a hell of a game last night.
txags92
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

We have a two game lead on first place and you would never know it by reading this thread. To each his own, and I'm not knocking anyone.. but I'll likely take some time off for a while. It's just not enjoyable or fun for me anymore and it's a shame because I used to love it.
A two game lead that is actually 1 game and should be 10 games if we would play our best lineup. I have just spent a long time in my life watching terrible baseball from the Astros and now that we have arguably the best team in baseball, I hate to see them squander the talent they have on hand.
Beat40
txags92 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

We have a two game lead on first place and you would never know it by reading this thread. To each his own, and I'm not knocking anyone.. but I'll likely take some time off for a while. It's just not enjoyable or fun for me anymore and it's a shame because I used to love it.
A two game lead that is actually 1 game and should be 10 games if we would play our best lineup. I have just spent a long time in my life watching terrible baseball from the Astros and now that we have arguably the best team in baseball, I hate to see them squander the talent they have on hand.
But you also need to enjoy the past 5 years and realize that even if this year doesn't work out, they haven't' squandered the talent at all. Maybe just squandered one season.
Farmer1906
AG
txags92 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I wouldn't say best with the Braves doing their thing this year and our pitching ****ting the bed.

But I agree that we should be in a stronger position even with the injuries. The games in Apr & June counted just as much as the ones do now. It sticks seeing the same boneheaded moves from the manager. It's like lessons are learned very slowly or not at all.
Boiling Denim
Toronto will be in trouble if they drop any more games in this series to the Rags. They'll lose tiebreakers against the Rags and Mariners and their last 15 games are all against the AL East where their division record has been abysmal this year (12-25)
Farmer1906
AG
True but they have a big advantage that Seattle & Arlington play 7 more times. There is a chance one eliminates the other or they both "split" and we extend our lead on both.
Farmer1906
AG
txags92
AG
Beat40 said:

txags92 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

But you also need to enjoy the past 5 years and realize that even if this year doesn't work out, they haven't' squandered the talent at all. Maybe just squandered one season.
Oh I have. It has been fun the last several years when we had post season home field advantage locked up with plenty of games to go so we could get the younger guys playing time and give the rest of the regulars some rest. I would argue at least a part of our post season success has been from the team coming into the playoffs well rested. Without that chance to rest and try out new combinations of players (like Diaz catching JV and Framber) in low pressure situations, we are going to be flying blind in the playoffs if Maldonado gets hurt.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We're 5th in runs, 2nd since June 1st, and 1st since over the last 30 days. Of course, it was an anomaly vs the As.
Don't you dare tempt the gods!
txags92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

txags92 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I wouldn't say best with the Braves doing their thing this year and our pitching ****ting the bed.

But I agree that we should be in a stronger position even with the injuries. The games in Apr & June counted just as much as the ones do now. It sticks seeing the same boneheaded moves from the manager. It's like lessons are learned very slowly or not at all.
Some of it is just the way we win or lose that leaves a bad taste and makes me cranky. We go out and absolutely destroy one of our closest rivals, then turn around and get shutout by the worst team in baseball. It isn't just Dusty, sometimes it seems like our guys just don't give a F.
AggieJ2002
AG
I'm finally ready to ditch DirecTV since I got YouTubeTV for NFL season. Only thing I am going to miss is MLB Network. Thought that it would come with my MLB.tv subscription, but I guess it does not. Any way to get this set up through another service cheaply or as standalone somewhere?
Farmer1906
AG
Nah. That's just baseball. These guys want to win.
txags92
AG
Piggybacking off of this question, is there a relatively cheap way to access AT&T Sportsnet? Right now, the only two ways I can find are FuboTV, which says it is $74.99/month, but then wants to add $13.99 to give you AT&T sportsnet; and Direct TV streaming that is ~$100/month. Can you sign up somewhere just for AT&T SN directly for <$10 per month?
AustinCountyAg
could be wrong but I dont believe so.
AustinCountyAg
txags92 said:

Piggybacking off of this question, is there a relatively cheap way to access AT&T Sportsnet? Right now, the only two ways I can find are FuboTV, which says it is $74.99/month, but then wants to add $13.99 to give you AT&T sportsnet; and Direct TV streaming that is ~$100/month. Can you sign up somewhere just for AT&T SN directly for <$10 per month?
no
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I'm apparently super special but my DIRECTV which includes HBO and then also their streaming has never been over about $80 a month. This is also a mid tier plan not the base.

They'll have to pry my DIRECTV remote from my cold dead hand
RED AG 98
AG
YTTV had MLB Network until about a year ago. I'm still sad but a lot of it gets posted on regular Youtube. I just really like having it running all day when I work from home
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Prosperdick said:

agdaddy04 said:

I'd imagine Brantley is off tonight, so Chaz in OF and Diaz DH.

Yup, lefty throwing for the A's so you're right, no Brantley. However, we all know Diaz can't hit lefties (it's science) so Dubon in centerfield and Chas DH batting 7th (again, this is 11th best OPS in the majors anchoring the bottom of the lineup).

This will be Donkey's lineup, I guarantee it:

Altuve
Peña
Yordan
Breggy
Tucker
Abreu (why?)
Chas
Dubon
Fat ass strike out machine
Why do you have Chas in there twice?
I was waiting for someone to make that joke. True, Chas had a bad game. Certainly didn't help with the "other" fat ass batting behind him which I mentioned before the game, he wasn't going to get a pitch to hit...and he didn't and tried to reach and struck out twice.

If Donkey would simply bat Breggy 2nd, where he belongs, and Pena 8th, this lineup would be that much more deadly. Perhaps in the playoffs...IF WE MAKE IT!!!!
It was only because you called Maldy a fat ass. I outweigh Maldy by 35 pounds, wonder what you'd call me?
AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

txags92 said:

no
That TV deal is horrendous for the fans. I hope Crane makes it a priority for the majority of Houston to actually be able to watch the Astros moving forward.
Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG

Prosperdick said:

Prosperdick said:

agdaddy04 said:

Yup, lefty throwing for the A's so you're right, no Brantley. However, we all know Diaz can't hit lefties (it's science) so Dubon in centerfield and Chas DH batting 7th (again, this is 11th best OPS in the majors anchoring the bottom of the lineup).

Altuve
Peña
Yordan
Breggy
Tucker
Abreu (why?)
Chas
Dubon
I was waiting for someone to make that joke. True, Chas had a bad game. Certainly didn't help with the "other" fat ass batting behind him which I mentioned before the game, he wasn't going to get a pitch to hit...and he didn't and tried to reach and struck out twice.

If Donkey would simply bat Breggy 2nd, where he belongs, and Pena 8th, this lineup would be that much more deadly. Perhaps in the playoffs...IF WE MAKE IT!!!!
It was only because you called Maldy a fat ass. I outweigh Maldy by 35 pounds, wonder what you'd call me?
You aren't being paid millions per year to be an professional athlete. Your dad bod is justifiable... his really isn't
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
BMX Bandit

Quote:

..IF WE MAKE IT!!!!
try this for the bleeding:

Prosperdick
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

..IF WE MAKE IT!!!!
try this for the bleeding:

Not bleeding, trying not to jinx. There's a difference. But hey, thanks for being condescending, appreciate it.
Prosperdick
AG

Prosperdick said:

Prosperdick said:

agdaddy04 said:

Altuve
Peña
Yordan
Breggy
Tucker
Abreu (why?)
Chas
Dubon

I'm 6-4 240 so I outweigh him too by 10 pounds, if the 230 is accurate.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

This reaction says a lot... Tags must have thought he was headed here for sure
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
texasaggie2015
AG
FWIW- Crane wanted him badly, but it was always a long shot. Stearns wanted the Mets job.

It'll be interesting to see if Crane continues the search or lets it play out for a year. I expect the former but I also expect a lot of additions/changes on the player development side this offseason.
texasaggie2015
AG
I think the reaction was more so the Mets hiring a President of Baseball Ops. They've never had one before.

It was pretty expected (at least in the baseball front office circle) that he would go to New York.

Jim Crane currently acts as the President of Baseball Ops for Houston. That's obviously not his title, but he sort of serves that role already. He eventually wants to hire someone- but I don't think he's in a rush. He wanted Stearns badly but now I expect him to wait for the right candidate to pop up.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I think the reaction was more so the Mets hiring a President of Baseball Ops. They've never had one before.

It was pretty expected (at least in the baseball front office circle) that he would go to New York.

Jim Crane currently acts as the President of Baseball Ops for Houston. That's obviously not his title, but he sort of serves that role already. He eventually wants to hire someone- but I don't think he's in a rush. He wanted Stearns badly but now I expect him to wait for the right candidate to pop up.
But have they had an assistant to the traveling secretary?
bigjag19
AG
It did turn the Yankees around.
gougler08
AG
Guy must be really highly thought of to have that position for a NY franchise at age 38
First Page Last Page
Page 2254 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.